Always standing out from the crowd.
Now Hosted by Ninja Penguin: New and Improved OP (Maybe?)
Long ago, many pirates searched the seas for the fabled Diamond Isles. No one was able to find them, and any who attempted to do so fell prey to the ocean's deadly waves. Yet legend has it that the Isles are full of fabulous treasures, and so they continued to attract attention from pirates for centuries. Yet all proved foolish when they ended up dead, with no way to tell their families they had met their demise.
Me? I worked at the town market, in the town of Morgan. I've seen many a pirate come, looking for the Isles. And every one of them is as stupid as the last. I kept telling them the Isles don't exist, and the treasure is a made up tale that someone made up in their spare time. Yet no one believed me. They must have gold for brains. After all, why dedicate your life to something that doesn't exist? It's hogwash. I don't need these barbaric fools coming into my town and causing bedlam in the name of make believe.
Then that man showed up. I didn't think anything of him at first and grouped him with the others. But the longer he stayed in town, the more I began to understand him. To no one's surprise, he came for the treasure like they all do. But this man proved more humble than the rest. He lived on a neighboring island to warn us. The Drake pirates from an island due north of our community were coming to plunder us, having already ransacked this man's own town. The Drake's captain warned that they were looking for the treasure.
The man then showed me a book. While I did not understand the language, he told me about the most important treasure in the Diamond Isles: the Holy Diamond. Having been passed down from the gods, this diamond was said to embody the gods' holy protection and ensure the village it resides in would never be destroyed. With the Drake coming closer by the day, we had little choice: we needed the Holy Diamond.
I worked with the man to form his crew. We need 18 of Morgan's finest sailors and treasure hunters, who were aware of the risks that they were taking by embarking on these seas. All knew the risk that came with the task, and yet few refused. Now I'm waiting on the dock, ready to depart. I just need our crew to arrive.
How it Works
- 18 people sign up to play the game.
- Challenges are presented to the players that must be completed.
- Challenges can be about literally anything: art, writing, puzzles, trivia, etc.
- After the challenge, someone usually gets eliminated.
- Elimination is determined by votes.
- Players will compete as individuals or teams.
- Challenge -> Elimination repeats until one player emerges as our winner.
- Our theme for this game is Pirates.
- This is the 8th season of the Challenge, so expect the unexpected.
- Sunken Treasure Chests
- The hosts will hide these at various points throughout the game. They are hidden somewhere in the thread. The hosts will announce when they are hidden.
- These chests function as a secret, one-use, immunity when you choose to play them.
- You may play your hidden immunity during any elimination for any target, including yourself. It will negate all votes cast for your target, and no revote will happen.
- Only one person can possess each Hidden Immunity. You will be informed if someone else found it first.
- Magic Conch
- During the first challenge, the Magic Conch will be hidden somewhere. Find it and you will receive an advantage for yourself.
- At some point in the game, eliminated players will have a chance to return. However, there will only be one opportunity to re-enter the game.
- Crew's Vote
- The eliminated players will have a say in who ends up winning the final challenge. So please stay aware of the game even if you are eliminated.
- There are more mechanics to be discovered, but none of the remaining ones can be public knowledge.
- @rainyman123 - 13th
- @Lord o da rings
- @PikaMasterJesi- Dropped
- @double o squirtle - Dropped
- @simsands - 14th
- @GrandPanacea- Dropped
- @thegrovylekid - Dropped
- @mirdo- 5th
- @Epist- Dropped
- @Celever- Dropped
- @TheSceptileMaster - 16th
- @NinjaPenguin - 10th
- @Little Cherrim- Dropped
- @Brave Vesperia - 15th
- @TheAnticipationEevee- Dropped
- @GM DracLord
- @Athena - 11th
@Lord o da rings | @Blakers | @GM DracLord
Challenge 1: Setting Sail In this optional challenge, players were tasked with creating a banner for one of the three teams: Chapera, Dabu and Ogakor. With total creative liberties, the guest judge Keeper of Night revealed his picks. GrandPanacea, Epist and double o squirtle won the challenge for each team and became team captains. They were given a secret advantage and then picked their teammates.
Challenge 2: Go Fish! For the first real challenge, players played a 36-man game of Go Fish, the popular card game that some hadn't heard of! The two teams that made the most matches would win. After a week, Team Dabu won the challenge with 13 pairs, followed by Team Ogakor with 12. Team Chapera lost in a coinflip pick made by TSM. Despite TSM's pick being literal RNG, his team unanimously voted for his elimination, making him the first person eliminated.
Challenge 3: Goin' to the Polls[/b] A popularity contest came to The Challenge. Participants cast their votes for 20 questions about the other players, and then had to pick the most popular answers. Team Dabu won, and the other two teams went to a joint double elimination. This game changing event saw the eliminations of both Brave Vesperia and Lord o da Rings.