Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also going to point out there was no possible problem solving without a problem to solve. I think that part of the judging should've just been left out since you basically omitted that part of the challenge.

Yeah, we decided to omit that part of the challenge because it didn't have any bearing on who was up for elimination thanks to so many people not submitting, so it felt a bit like needless stalling.

I was also going to point out there was no possible problem solving without a problem to solve. I think that part of the judging should've just been left out since you basically omitted that part of the challenge.

You just need to create a hypothetical problem of too little time for too many attractions! Not difficult in the slightest :D

You just need to create a hypothetical problem of too little time for too many attractions! Not difficult in the slightest :D

I created a non-hypothetical one when trying to decide whether to study for my Calculus final or to make my submission. Does that count?

I created a non-hypothetical one when trying to decide whether to study for my Calculus final or to make my submission. Does that count?

Not to mention you used problem solving while actually studying for the calculus exam.

"Well, this was pretty much the best challenge ever, bb!" Celever exclaimed happily.
"Definitely," bb replied, lapping up a big lump of ice cream on his tongue, "we should make the contestants send us on holidays for every challenge! n_n" Celever and bb started laughing as they boarded their rocket away from Splatoon-land and started their 5 minute trip back to PokeBeach island where the contestants were bored and envious.
"It's not fair," Keeper of Night frowned, "the two hosts are off being pampered and calling it a challenge, and we're all stuck in this stuffy building with no money, as we have been for months now. That's it, guys, we need to get out of this torture. When the hosts walk through that door I'm gonna pull out this gun and sh--"
"Hey guys!" Celever cheered as strolled through the door and into the main foyer. Keeper of Night quickly ran into his room, concealing the gun. "I saw it, Keeper!" Celever shouted after him, but KoN decided not to show his face again.
bbninjas then wandered in with obscenely tanned skin. "Hey," he realised, "where's Squirtle Squad?" The eyes of the contestants all turned to stare at each other shiftily. The crowd explained that they'd already eliminated him through boredom and that the boat had taken him away days ago. "Hmph," bb scoffed, "just as well. He didn't send us anywhere anyway!"

Squirtle Squad has been eliminated.

"Where's the next challenge?" PhantomHaze asked, showing everyone that he was alive again.
"Oh, hey Phantom! n~n" Celever exclaimed happily.
"We need another day to sort the next challenge out..." bbninjas started, when a heavenly light filled the building. An angel then dropped from the ceiling.
"Uhh," the angel stated, "Professor Palutena, this doesn't look like underworld troops to me..."
"Observant as ever I see, Pit!" The goddess Palutena casually walked into the building. "No fighting for you today, Pit, we've all called a temporary truce!" Hades and Viridi then walked into the building, along with all of their commanders, such as Thanatos, Phosphora and Arlon.
"That's right Pitty," Hades said, "we've been watching these children play for a while, and we thought it'd be fun to give it a try."
"You humans disgust me," Viridi noted, "but this competition has been totally carbon zero so far so I'm fine with you for now!"
"Yes, quite..." Professor Palutena groaned, "anyway, can we all have a chat with you two? We've got an idea for a challenge..." Professor Palutena gave bb and Celever the power of flight and they were sent flying into Skyworld. The other Gods and commanders headed off too, presumably headed to the same place. The contestants left in the foyer just stared at each other, and then went off for some floor ice cream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Challenge 11 will be posted later on today! :]
Can you guess the franchise it'll be on? >_>

Last edited:
Popcorn please, buttered and large. Celever can have a small >: D

Okay... *gives coin* Go get some for you kids. And, if you could be a doll and bring me some tea, that would be great.

I wonder what that rascal hades has in store for these poor, poor bastards. That guy is a psychopath, or so I hear.

Popcorn please, buttered and large. Celever can have a small >: D
Nah, I'm trying to eat healthy. I'll have some celery x____x

Also some irl commitments and timezones have screwed us over a bit today. The challenge will be up tomorrow. Sorry for the wait :(

That guy is a psychopath, or so I hear.
"Where you pinheads see adversity, I see opportunity!" "For example, this battleship looks like it could use a good home. Now's your chance, minions! It's lootin' time!"~Hades steals an alien ship using his minions.
"Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade! Like THIS!!" -He then proceeds to ram it straight into the alien base.
Also, Hades makes minions out of human souls. He also eats souls and has claimed: "But souls are delicious. They're like bacon--they taste good on everything."
And he is skilled in the art of trolling. :confused:

EDIT: Also, once you beat the game, if you wait long enough at a certain point in the ending, he will start talking.
He fakes deleting your save file(once again, art of trolling), talks about how he couldn't anyway, thinks that women everywhere will cry over the loss of his body, and then unlocks boss battles.

Last edited:
W35Nd4w.png
In a realm above the sky, Celever and bbninjas were chatting to Professor Palutena and many other Kid Icarus characters around her dinner table. She starts talking to the hosts gleefully and outlines her challenge. "We're all a bit odd here, right?" the professor started, "and some might say that we're all large characters! Well we all thought it'd be nice for the players to write a little bit of dialogue between us all showing off our best features!" bbninjas and Celever looked at each other and nodded happily. Just at that moment, Hades got a call on his phone. "Yes, Cerberus? mhmmm...mhmmmmmm.... mhhhhmmmm....oh dear..." Hades hung up the phone and turned towards the rest of us. "Satoru Iwata he..." Hades didn't have to finish before people figured the news just from the time of his voice. "This is a truly tragic loss for humankind," Professor Palutena frowned, "but I think it'd be nice to pay him a tribute..."

The Challenge:
  • The Kid Icarus characters are wanting some limelight!
  • Your challenge is to write a dialogue between some of the more memorable characters from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Your available characters will be at the bottom of this post, and the 5 main characters of the game will also have short(ish) bios detailing their personality and characteristics briefly for you Kid Icarus noobs out there! All of the 5 main characters must at least cameo in your scripts, the other characters are not necessary to use.
  • We also have a theme. In memory of the head of Nintendo who recently tragically died, your theme is: Satoru Iwata. Interpret this as you please.
  • The Kid Icarus franchise has a lot of humour and the 4th wall does not exist. Playing on these attributes definitely won't do you harm.
  • The dialogues will be judged by our guest judge @Professor Palutena, though bb and I will put in some input too! They will be ranked. The bottom 2 players will be up for elimination and the other contestants will vote to decide who to off.
Your characters:
The Main Characters:
Pit:
200px-250px-Pit_Uprising.png

Pit is the main protagonist of the game and the character which you playa s for the vast majority of the game. He is a faithful servant to Palutena and is fighting the underworld forces, led by Hades, and the forces of nature, led by Viridi. Dark Pit is crafted from Pit's body and they quickly became rivals. Pit is a bit of a goody-two-shoes but believes he is very righteous and exudes confidence. His primary aim is to prevent the destruction of the human race and the heavens. He's generally obnoxiously upbeat, but can be serious in extremely tense situations. Pit makes many references to other Nintendo games, such as Nintendogs, Metroid (which was a sister franchise to Kid Icarus) and Dr. Mario. Pit also likes to make puns. His two favourite luxuries are junk food and HOT SPRINGS! He is the butt of many jokes between the Gods and is unfortunately prone to confusion, especially when long words are used. He is based off of Icarus from Greek mythology, hence the name of the franchise being Kid Icarus, but unlike the rest of the characters, this is through design only.
Palutena:
220px-PalutenaSSB4.png

Palutena is the head of Palutena's Army and as such is in charge of Pit and the centurions. She is the Goddess of Light and is known as the protector of humans, believing them to be worth protecting over all other life because they are the closest to Gods, despite the race as a whole being selfish and destructive. She is very close to Pit and is constantly checking up on him. Despite being very wise, she is also very playful and likes to banter with the other characters. She often pretends to have powers which she doesn't have to convince Pit to do various duties, and sometimes uses the powers she does have riskily, nearly killing Pit twice over the course of Kid Icarus: Uprising. She is at odds with Viridi and Hades and all their troops, but is much more merciful than them, trying to sort out problems without having to resort to violence. She also gets on surprisingly well with both Viridi and Hades and they have some fun teasing Pit. She is based off of the Greek goddess Athena from Greek mythology. Fun fact: Palutena is actually a portmanteau of Athena, though it's a pun which is very easy to miss.
Viridi:
200px-Viridi_artwork.png

Viridi is the Goddess of Nature, and has named her army the Forces of Nature in spirit of this. She is extremely xenophobic and has a deep-rooted hatred from humans because of their violent and destructive characteristics, particularly how much they take advantage of nature. She takes pleasure in wiping the species out, particularly with nukes she calls reset bombs. She looks like an 8-year old girl and she pretty much acts like one too. She often comes out with snotty insults when talking to Pit during the game. Though she is hostile towards Pit to begin with, over the course of the game she stands in for Palutena when she is unable to do her duties and as such creates a great friendship with Pit and Palutena, though her stance on humans does not change. She loves her minions dearly and refers to her troops as her "children", however she uses them somewhat recklessly as they return to the earth just as nature intended it. She also names all of her troops personally, leading to some hilarious results. She sorts her recycling into 15 types and uses cloth-based shopping bags.... basically, she's the scariest hippy you're ever gonna meet. Viridi is based on the titan Gaia from Greek mythology.
Hades:
200px-Hades_final.png

Hades is the leader of the underworld, which is basically hell as far as Greek mythology is concerned. The departed's spirits head there after death. Hades is the literal incarnation of sadism and as such is extremely playful and very VERY witty. He is always two staircases ahead of Pit and Palutena with his plans, though his troops are somewhat weak, which makes it difficult for him to succeed as far as brute force is concerned. He affectionately refers to Pit as "Pitty" and speaks in a smooth British accent, which somehow adds to his sadistic ways. He appears somewhat benign at first, just wanting to cause trouble, but it is later revealed that he throws off the balance of the universe by reusing souls for his troops and even eating the tastier ones, preventing the digested souls from being reborn at all. He has an utter disregard for all life besides Gods, which puts him at constant odds with Viridi and Palutena. Though it goes without saying, Hades is based on Hades from Greek mythology.
Dark Pit:
200px-Darkpit_artnew.png

Dark Pit, nicknamed "Pittoo" by Palutena which, unfortunately for Dark Pit, stuck, is an unaffiliated character, but has a hatred for the underworld army. He was created by the Mirror of Truth and is a reflection of Pit's inner self, so naturally a rivalry sparked between them. He is actually very similar to Pit in many ways, though Dark Pit has an even larger ego than Pit thanks to his independence. Dark Pit has quite a dry sense of humour, but over the course of the game actually forms a nice friendship with Pit, even having the two fighting together towards the end of the game with a super amazing rally cry! He is also a keen Nintendo enthusiast, particularly enjoying the game Brain Age. He is recruited by Arlon, a commander of the Forces of Nature, and in the postgame becomes a commander of the faction himself.

Other characters you can use (note: some of these characters have little to no personality. You don't have to use them, but they're included on the list if you're feeling brave):
Affiliated with the Underworld:
Thanatos, Medusa, Hewdraw, Twinbellows, Dark Lord Gaol, (if you're feeling REALLY brave) Orcos

Affiliated with the Forces of Nature:
Phosphora, Arlon, Cragalanche (note: doesn't talk)

Unaffiliated:
Magnus, Little Girl, Dog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry that this took a while to do. I hope you can appreciate that this post took a long time to do ;~;.

Deadline for submissions is Wednesday the 22nd of July at 11:59 PM BST because we're making deadlines shorter now that there are fewer players. We've got the next few challenges mapped out (though not typed up) so let's get things back onto a steady pace again!

Last edited:
your theme is: Satoru Iwata. Interpret this as you please.​

Goodness, P, I believe we learned a few seasons ago that the challenge participants have little to no sense of humor, by default. Asking them to reference such a tragedy while keeping the dialogue as entertaining and funny as in Uprising is way beyond their means. Do you want them to fail this?

Oh, wait, You totally do. I forgot who I was talking to for a second there.

Also, here's a tip for you guys: Little girl, Dog, Cragalanche, Twinbellows and Dark Lord Gaol; Don't overexert yourselves, kids.

I don't want them to fail; I'm curious how they can balance the pants on heads silliness of Uprising with the stone cold seriousness of Iwata's death.

Plus I think it's an awesome idea to remember Iwata in this game and this challenge presents the best opportunity to given that the event is still (relatively) fresh in everyone's minds.

Upon request (and due to a good reason) deadline has been extended to Wednesday the 22nd of July at 11:59 BST. The OP of this challenge will be updated accordingly.

Oh gods, having a morbid (and just really f'ed up) sense of humor really isn't gonna play in my favor with this event and challenge *sweats nervously*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back