Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Sign Ups - Closing Once We Get 25 Players!

This is the beginning of the end. See you all in the winner's circle.

Mora

Don't Panic

Mr.Muffin said:

Inevitably you won't see all of us there.

Mr.Muffin

Mora said:
Mr.Muffin said:

Inevitably you won't see all of us there.

I expected all of you to be at the finish line ready to congratulate me on my victory, or at least 4th place finish....

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Teaser:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvnqCbG71M[/video]

Celever

Wheeeee~

2zSryMx.png

Zrrt! The machine pumps out the final card, and PhantomHaze looks delighted, despite the many tired stares directed towards him at his lateness. "Sorry?" he said, but the crowd was ruthless. They were out for blood, and you could tell from the sheer atmosphere in the room.

"Hello," bbninjas pipes up, "how are we enjoying ourselves? Well I've got a fun question to ask you all... What's your favourite Nintendo franchise!?" The response he got was both pleasing and terrifying at the same time. This crowd showed a great deal of passion for the subject, but they don't appear to be able to harness said passion very well...

After a demolition of the reception area, 5 groups stood out in the rubble, all chanting their own franchise's name repeatedly! Brave Vesperia, Lugia123, PhantomHaze, Vom and Wailord_2 were chanting "YOSHI!" as loud as they could. Camoclone, King Xerneas, Luispipe8, raichulover11 and Tails were all screaming "WARIO!" almost as obnoxiously as if Wario were doing it himself. More peaceful were DevinTheWelf, Keeper of Night, Mora, scattered mind and TheGuy, who were just trying to advocate the adorable Ice Climber franchise! Jeremy1026, Blui, Ice Espeon, Cypher333 and Mr. Muffin were shouting for Kid Icarus to win the competition, but were somewhat nervous; they didn't want to fly too close to the sun. Finally, there was a little geeky group of Squirtle Squad, NameBlank, steffenka, Snaquaza and GM DracLord, playing with their outdated Robotic Operating Buddies and advocating that the robot saved the video game industry as we know it! "Well," Celever remarked, looking over at bbninjas, who had crawled through the chaos to sit beside him, "I guess that sorted the teams out..."

"OK everyone, your attention PLEASE!" Iwata decided that he needed to take control. The two hosts of the competition were having fun watching their visitors battle it out between them, but they guess it's not good sportsmanship or something. bbninjas spoke up:
"Why is your franchise the best? We could stand here for hours listening you arguing about it for eternity, but that is boring and annoying for me, you, and everyone within earshot. PROVE to me that your franchise is the greatest, show me the light!" bbninjas stepped down, and a large round of applause followed, causing him to blush a little bit...

THE CHALLENGE
  • Let's be generic. Each team is required to make a banner, motto, mascot and team name, related to the franchise that has been assigned to you.
  • Your team name, motto, mascot and banner must have significant resemblance to your franchise. And we want to see cool banners. Not some measly drawing from MS paint.
  • Your team's banner must be up to 360x150 in size, but should not be too small, as it needs to look good in the OP. It must feature your team name and mascot. The team banner must feature one of the following The Challenge logos visibly on it. The logos can have a transparency filter. Large Images: Link1 || Link2 || Link3 || Link4
  • Celever and bbninjas must be able to determine your five team members from your banner. This can just be plain text, or you could go overboard in creativity (and earn points).
  • Each team must submit a large version of the banner and mascot along with their smaller final entry. This is so we can have a high quality and resizable banner and mascot for use throughout the course of The Challenge.
  • Each banner will be judged through a point system; the team with the lowest score will eliminate one of their team members.
  • You have until 11:59 PM on February 2nd to post your final product, however, we may be kinder to submissions that are sent in sooner. If you make us wait for the whole time period, we'll be grouchy! >:L
  • To submit, all you have to do is PM your completed project -- the banner, motto, mascot and team name -- to bbninjas and Celever. You will not be able to modify your project in any way once the PM has been sent, so make sure everything is there before you send it off ;).
  • You will be marked using the following ruberic:
    • 15 / 15 / 15 / 15 / 20 / 30 points for team name / username integration / mascot / motto / franchise / overall creativity. (110 points)
    • 12 points per person for teamwork and contribution to the task. Discussion and input is the key. (60 points)
    • -10 points for each part of the challenge criteria you do not submit.
    • -3 points for each 24 hours late your team submits their project, using the algorithim of ([Your team's submission time] - [1st submission time])/24*-3

"By the way," bbninjas stated, "I decided to draw a little example for Celever and I! I made a few copies, so don't worry..." Celever walked around the room, handing each of the 5 teams a large banner:
L19uAFc.png
"This is simplistic but creative at the same time." said Celever, trying to give an explanation to the teams about how it should be done, "we have our team name, the "Inch-Small Hosts", and our mascot featuring on the banner (that being the yellow and blue pikmin featured on the front). We kept our motto separate, as it is not required to feature on the banner. In fact, we don't want you stealing our ideas, so you don't get to see it! We just want it short, snappy and catchy!

And with that, I wish you all the best of luck, and may the best project win!"

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

So, team, do any of you have a pic-editing program?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Feel free to use this thread to communicate, both with other players and your teammates. There may even be some weird advantage for using this thread a lot.

Mr.Muffin

Team let's all meet up in chat to do this....

Mora

Don't Panic

For Team Ice Climbers, I've got some experience in the digital arts. I'd be happy to work on the banner, but we should obviously discuss ideas first.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Mora said:
For Team Ice Climbers, I've got some experience in the digital arts. I'd be happy to work on the banner, but we should obviously discuss ideas first.

Hence why you put your name down for Strategy rather than The Arts or Computer Technology...

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer

I would like to keep my blood, thanks! :)

Mora

Don't Panic

Hey, I put Computer stuff too :p

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

Mora said:

Great ! me too :) I work with photoshop so I guess we got that part covered
Lets try to think about our mascot?

Mr.Muffin

So how big does the logo need to be. The Challenge one....

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Mr.Muffin said:
So how big does the logo need to be. The Challenge one....

The Challenge logo on your banner can be any size as long as us old folks can see it.

Celever

Wheeeee~

Just to clarify: Every team still has to create a brand new team name based around your chosen franchise. The franchises you have been given in the update are what this project will be based around, and these will be the franchises that stick with your teams for the forseeable future, so make the banners good! ;) Be creative and don't bore us....

P.S. If you have any further questions, remember that we posted an example banner for you all to use in the update! If it's still not answered, ask us in your QTs or in-thread. As hosts, we don't want to give away a huge amount of help, so we won't give you an answer if it has been previously given to you.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 2 Revealed

Celever said:
THE CHALLENGE
  • Let's be generic. Each team is required to make a banner, motto, mascot and team name, related to the franchise that has been assigned to you.
  • Your team name, motto, mascot and banner must have significant resemblance to your franchise. And we want to see cool banners. Not some measly drawing from MS paint.
  • Your team's banner must be up to 360x150 in size, but should not be too small, and must feature your team name and mascot. The team banner must feature one of the following The Challenge logos visibly on it. The logos can have a transparency filter. Large Images: Link1 || Link2 || Link3 || Link4
  • Celever and bbninjas must be able to determine your five team members from your banner. This can just be plain text, or you could go overboard in creativity (and earn points).
  • Each banner will be judged through a point system; the team with the lowest score will eliminate one of their team members.
  • You have until 11:59 PM on February 2nd to post your final product, however, we may be kinder to submissions that are sent in sooner. If you make us wait for the whole time period, we'll be grouchy! >:L
  • To submit, all you have to do is PM your completed project -- the banner, motto, mascot and team name -- to bbninjas and Celever. You will not be able to modify your project in any way once the PM has been sent, so make sure everything is there before you send it off ;).
  • You will be marked using the following ruberic:
    • 15 / 15 / 15 / 15 / 20 / 30 points for team name / username integration / mascot / motto / franchise / overall creativity. (110 points)
    • 12 points per person for teamwork and contribution to the task. Discussion and input is the key. (60 points)
    • -10 points for each part of the challenge criteria you do not submit.
    • -5 points for each 12 hours late your team submits their project, using the algorithim of ([Your team's submission time] - [1st submission time])/12*-5
This.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 2 Revealed

Questions based on editing The Challenge logo in QTs have been brought to our attention:
Any edits to The Challenge logo may only be a minor change to the original. Filters, recoloring and the like is fine as long as nothing is removed or added to the logo. The logo must also be legible.

RULE ADDITION
This new rule will be added to the Challenge 2 OP in due time
Each team must submit a large version of the banner and mascot along with their smaller final entry. This is so we can have a high quality and resizable banner and mascot for use throughout the course of The Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.