Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 3 Part 2 Posted!

rev3rsor said:
I will support the Centurions! yay!
(pretty much only because i was asked, and because their banner looks nice c:)

Thanks Rev, sadly, too late :(

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

Oh, never mind then :/ I wasn't online yesterday to see it, and I posted without reading the posts before it.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

rev3rsor said:
Oh, never mind then :/ I wasn't online yesterday to see it, and I posted without reading the posts before it.

It's ok, thanks for posting as soon as you saw it.

Celever

Wheeeee~

m75pUDT.png

[img=400x300]http://www.animal-crossing.com/newleaf/_ui/downloads/AnimalCrossing_wallpaper_800x600-A.jpg[/img]​

The 4 remaining teams all tackled the challenge in entirely different ways. While one team decided to stand back, complaining about how it was "just a popularity contest", fancying their chances in the elimination challenge instead. However, the other 3 teams fought to gather the most supporters in the time they had.

A bright Squirtle decided to put down his robot as the new ferry came into the harbour. "Hey guys," he shouted to the new visitors to PokeBeach Island, "want to come and support a caring, loving team for a competition you know nothing about?" Surprisingly enough, one or two of these impressionable tourists headed inside this chaotic building, standing with Team GYR.O.B.

Over in the cute corner, a bright green spark realised that he was actually already running a popular game on the island. He headed into all of the private "QuickTopics" he created pertaining to his game and basically ordered everyone to go and support The Egg Knights in their endeavours. Unfortunately, most of the Pokémon war veterans were a little too busy to leave Saffron City and participate in these childish games... plus, two of them were hosting The Challenge to start with!

However, in the chilly corner of the room, the parka-wearing Crushing Hammers hatched a plan. "Hey," Mora cried, "Crushing Hammers, meet me in our private room!" The four remaining Bergmite slid in to meet their summoner. "Alright," Mora whispered, "those Centurions are getting super strong, and I am absolutely terrified in all honesty. We can't let them win this challenge too... We need to force them to get rid of a player! Team GYR.O.B are getting close to their total followers, so what say we bump them up that little bit more once our own squad is full?"
"Sounds good," replied the team, except for Devin, who had fallen asleep on the bed. "Y'know, we need to keep someone out in the foyer to give the supporters a place to stay..." The crowd looked at the chilly contestants curiously as they carried out an unconscious contestant, laid him on a table and leant a sign up against him saying "The Crushing Hammers Supporters Go Here! Thank You All For Your Support! :3" It took a while for the hosts to recognise the figure as DevinTheWelf, a somewhat fickle player on the team. "I guess he's gotta have some kind of use..." Celever muttered to bbninjas.

The final icey supporter strolled into the main hall, and Mora was alert. As they walked through the door, Mora screeched at her team to run over to Team GYR.O.B. The hosts were confused, but were forced to call a deadline. "Well, a bit of betrayal there, in a way, but I don't know if it counts..." bbninjas sighed.
"Well, congratulations on your win, The Crushing Hammers and Team GYR.O.B, the update will be up tomorrow!" Celever cheered.

A couple of days later, Celever headed back to the island after a lovely holiday in paradise. The competitors, spectators and other host greeted him with lupine stares, to be returned by perplexed looks from Celever. "Dude, you didn't set the next challenge," bbninjas cried, "these guys have been waiting for days."
"OHSHI--" Celever exploded, running into his room to sort something out. He returned 5 minutes later with an official letter from an archaeology company...

THE CHALLENGE (PART 3):
  • You get to dig for fossils! Awesome! Each team has a fossil grid like so that has been given to them. This grid is individual to you, so no other team's digs will show up on your grid, and none of your digs will show up on other teams' grids.
  • Each player must dig across any combination of rows/columns. This means you must post in your QT which row/column you would like to dig on, like this: <b><u><i>Dig on Column A</b></u></i> or <b><u><i>Dig on Row 1</b></u></i> (yes, that is QT code).
  • Each square of the entire column/row you choose will be dug out 50%. This means that you have to, for example, dig through column A and row 1 to unearth square A1. bbninjas will reveal tiles when he sees adequate, which is at least once a day.
  • You only have 10 digs available. No more.
  • Each column/row may only be dug out once. So no digging A out 5 times. Please, we would like to keep the ground in possession :U.
  • Fossils (assuming there actually is one underneath the square) can be uncovered once a square has been dug out a full 100%! Fossils that take up 1 square are worth 10 points, while fossils that take up 4 squares are worth 30 points. There may even be the rarest of all rareness fossils that are worth 50 points!
  • You have until Friday the 13th Midnight GMT to use up all your digs.
  • Depending on what place your team comes, advantages or disadvantages will be dished out for the upcoming Challenge part...

"Oh, don't forget," Celever noted, "the loser of this challenge, either The Egg Knights or Centurions, will be eliminating someone afterwards. The Crushing Hammers and Team GYR.O.B are doing this for fun... and who knows, maybe the highest scorer will get an advantage in Challenge 4?"

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 3 Part 3 Posted!

EGG KNIGHTS!!!!!! GO TO THE QT IMMEDIATELY!!!

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

Celever said:
<b><u><i>Dig on Row 1</b></u></i> (yes, that is QT code).

Actually thats just outdated HTML code, nothing special about it to make it QT code.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Jeremy1026 said:
Celever said:

Actually thats just outdated HTML code, nothing special about it to make it QT code.

Outdated :O How dare you! I learnt HTML code last year... and if I learnt the outdated stuff *shakes fist*

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

I would say "simple" is a better word than "outdated". The code that works on QT is basically simply HTML code instead of the bbcode that's used here.

Celever

Wheeeee~

Jeremy1026 said:
Celever said:

I'm not sure how it's outdated since we still learn that HTML coding at school. What's the "in date" coding?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Celever said:
Jeremy1026 said:

I'm not sure how it's outdated since we still learn that HTML coding at school. What's the "in date" coding?

Probably something else.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

I heard all the cool kids use javaCSS++.py these days.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

So ummm.... I'm back in the game, I apologize for any inactivity. Between my illness and some other stuff going on it's a long story. >.<

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

Celever said:
Jeremy1026 said:

The <b> tag has been deprecated, and replaced with <strong>, and the <i> tag has been deprecated and replaced with <em>. <u> has also been deprecated, but there isn't really an HTML replacement. All of these tags shouldn't really be used unless it's absolutely required, according to best practices. In reality you should be able to put it info another tag like <p>, <div> or <span> with a class, then style the text to fit your needs in CSS.

Source: I do this all day, and then my employer gives me money for doing so.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

In follow up to my last post, I'm so ready for a challenge where we have to make a website for our team :p

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!

bbninjas said:
Jeremy1026 said:

Outdated :O How dare you! I learnt HTML code last year... and if I learnt the outdated stuff *shakes fist*

All the cool kids use <em></em> instead of italics

:cool:

Celever

Wheeeee~

Deadline has been extended to Friday the 13th. We forgot to update it after I took a while to write up the flavour :(. Sorry about that!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Knights* :p
I'm here, btw.

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa

Deadline is Friday the 13th? Looks like it will be a truly unlucky day for one of the teams. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.