The Challenge: Season 5 | Rev3rsor is the Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
2ajpch3.jpg

• 20 people will be put into teams. The number of teams and their sizes will remain hidden until the start date, but they will all be of the same size.
  • Compete in tasks and challenges to build teamwork, unity, trust and, maybe even, reading comprehension skills (not so sure about the last one but I can dream)
  • The loser(s) of the challenge will send off their weakest link by democratically throwing them out of something (be it a car, window or cannon). TL;DR: Vote 'em out
  • Speaking of votes, send them in through PM. Note that all votes are locked in and confidential upon sending them out. If you don't send in a vote, I will make you juggle electronics in a pool of water where poisonous snakes live.
  • Teams will be shuffled and dissolved at hidden, but pre-determined times.
  • Eliminated players are to keep interested in the game. You never know what might happen. ;)
  • If we ever get to a 10th The Challenge, we'll probably have an All-Star game but don't get your hopes up.
  • New: The man, the myth, the legend PG24 returns to host.
  • New: A cool twist that will remain hidden to the players for an entirety of the game, but will be a factor throughout all points of the game.
  • New: I got a cool new lamp today. c:

zjbjp4.png

[btable][tr][td]
8x7i9x.jpg
[/td][td]
2wh13j9.png
[/td][td]
k9yhow.png
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TheGuy[/td][td]DevinTheWelf[/td][td]Keeper of Night[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TwistedTurtwig[/td][td]professorlight[/td][td]rev3rsor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Juliacoolo[/td][td]Eagle4[/td][td]Luispipe8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Drohn[/td][td]Eron[/td][td]Athena[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Celever[/td][td]Machamp The Champion[/td][td]RaichuGirl[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Professor Palutena[/td][td]Scorched Feathers[/td][td]Cobalt Phoenix[/td][/tr][/btable]​

TheGuy
DevinTheWelf
Keeper of Night ...?
professorlight
rev3rsor
Luispipe8
Eron
Athena
Celever
Machamp The Champion
Cobalt Phoenix

2wnnw4j.png

Machamp The Champion (didn't know how he should signup)
Keeper of Night (apparently sad he's not first)
Professor Palutena (will probably be voted out early by players of the last game)
Eron (he must speak mexican)
professorlight (seems like nobody likes him either)
TheGuy (The Godfather: Part 4)
Celever (is it normal for me to misread as "Cleaver")
rev3rsor (he actually thinks this will be fun lmao)
GM DracLord (i'm unsure what to make of you)
Athena (ur face is ugly lel)
TwistedTurtwig (there will possibly be a twister challenge now)
Scorched Feathers (so are you a phoenix or something)
Eagle4 ('Murica)
WanderingWolf (but, i think some people hate this guy the most)
Luispipe8 (a newbie winning the whole thing is nothing more than a pipe dream)
Cobalt Phoenix (we vets now)
RaichuGirl (about damn time)
DevinTheWelf (FRESH MEAT)
Juliacoolo (teh womenz gam strng)
Drohn (THE LEGENDARY 20TH COMPETITOR WOOOOW)

2rnigk5.png

Prologue

ACT 1
Chapter One: I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire (1, 2)
Chapter Two: Give Me a Kiss to Build a Dream On (1, 2)
Chapter Three: Paint it Black (1, 2)
Chapter Four: Heartache by the Numbers (1, 2)
Chapter Five: Maybe (1, 2)
Chapter Six: For What It's Worth (1, 2)
Chapter Six and a Half: Pass the Live Detonation Device (1, 2)
Chapter Seven: Big Iron (1, 2)
Chapter Eight: War (1, 2)

ACT 2
Chapter Nine:
One (1, 2)
Chapter Ten: The Joker (1, 2)
Chapter Eleven: Gaming (1, 2)
Chapter Twelve: Fake-o-Scribbles (1, 2)

ACT 3 (The Keeper Files)
Chapter Thirteen:
My Kinda Party (1, 2)
Chapter Fourteen: Wheel of (Mis)fortune) (1, ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: The Challenge: Season 5

2d0ngh3.png

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
- Revelation 1:8​

Below the earth, Diglett dug. On the land, Miltank grazed. In the skies, Pidgeot soared. Above those skies, gods reigned. The mentioned gods lived in a place of many names: heaven, nirvana, paradise, etc. They were joined by the angels of the dearly departed and, of course, the Lord of All. It was a peaceful time for longer than even the angels could remember, but that was about to change.

For generations upon generations, He had been watching the situation on the land He rules. He took notice of a game that brought the worst out of people: deceit, hatred, violence, wrath, envy, pride, and many more. A game which had been created to show comradery and teamwork had been corrupted due to the sins of the competitors. After letting the game develop with hopes that man would find righteous path to victory, He decided the wait was ill-advised and His own judgement would be needed.

He met with His advisers, His own sons, to discuss their plan to right the wrong.

The oldest of the sons spoke first. "Are you sure this is all necessary, Father? It's the actions of but a few humans. It's not like Hell is too crowded for them."

"The actions of the few represent the actions of the many," Father responded.

The middle son cleared his voice. "S-so you're saying we should punish the whole human race? Surely there must be a-another way, F-father."

"Kahkahkah! Brother, don't tell me you seriously have a soft spot for these pathetic beings. We should have killed them off ages ago. Bravo on finally coming to your senses, old man," the youngest jeered with a sinister smirk.

Father hit the youngest with a powerful blast and shouted, "Learn your place, boy! Don't forget what happened the last time you spoke like a devil!" He then turned his head to face all of His sons to see the fear in their eyes.

"Beginning today, the 6th of April 2014, Judgement shall be dealt to all who have sinned. Those who renounce their sins through their deeds will find an elevated existence awaiting them. At the core of this Judgement, those participating in 'The Challenge' will decide the future of the human race based on their actions," he proclaimed.

The three sons retreated to their domains, awaiting the next act of Father's plan. Even if they disagreed with Him, they knew that Father's rule was absolute. All three of them knew there is no backing down once He proclaims Judgement.

The Lord then took to his pedestal and yelled to all the heavens and Earth. "Today, humans will know pain. They will know fear. They will know God."

Chapter 1 - I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE&feature=kp[/video]​

The crowd's thunderous roar echos across the open roof arena. Twenty had gathered for what was the the fifth run of the hit survival sport, The Challenge. The challengers approach the podium like celebrities on a red carpet. There were veterans, fan favorites, even classic "villains" among the pool of competitors. The crowd was eating them up, and the competitors were loving it.

The challengers each got on their respective positions on the podium. The podium itself was shaped like a pokeball. Each half of the pokeball divided the competitors into two separate teams. In the center, there was a special circle just for the host, PG24, who just now stepped to the center.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the The Challenge Season Five! I'm your host, PG24. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves, especially the competitors," the flamboyant host proclaims as he looks at every challenger around the podium. "We have a very special batch of competitors this time around, who I will introduce to you now."

"Here's our first team. We have Machamp The Champion, a man who whose name embodies what he strives for. The man beside him is none other than last season's host, Professor Palutena. Next is Eron, who makes you think 'wow, such compete'. TheGuy, a man many of you know as a savvy vet, joins them."

Very suddenly, clouds began to circle the arena. The crowd took this as a cool visual effect the production crew whipped up to add to the drama. Even the competitors marveled at how the clouds circled the arena so perfectly. Whatever their purpose, it was clear to everyone there: something big is about to happen.

"Uh, next up we have Cleaver, I mean Celever," PG24 continues awkwardly to hopefully dispel the crowd from the spectacle above.

It was no good. The clouds began to engulf the entire sky, extending beyond the arena itself. Cities across the world were even covered by the mysterious weather spectacle. The clouds had gone from a light gray to a deep black, pointing towards a possible nasty storm brewing. Back at the arena, the entire place turned quickly to a nightmare.

"Everyone, calm down, it's just clouds. There's nothing to be af-" PG24 was suddenly cut off by a bolt of lightning striking him. That was just enough to send the crowd into a frenzy panic. People began to exit the arena, but it was too late. Lightning had struck every sector of the arena causing fires to burst on the scene. This much thunder coming down in one area was clearly impossible, or just the /worst/ bad luck ever. Exits were cut off; death was all but certain. It only took a few hours, though.

At the podium, the competitors were stuck. The storm wasn't the worst of their fears; a large fissure ripped open in the center of the arena where PG24 was struck (and presumably killed), creating a huge gap between both sections. Lava poured in from the fissure and began to take over the podiums. Due to the fissure, each section of the podiums were sinking in and being covered by the hot lava. There was room at the top of each podium not covered in lava for nine people, but there was already people there securing the sections with fear of their own lives. What happened next was...

THE CHALLENGE

• You are all on a podium, but the podium has been split in two. Each half is sinking into a pool of deadly lava.
  • At the top part not sinking, a maximum of nine people can fit before the excess weight causes the podium to balance and fall completely in the lava.
  • The following people are currently at the top of podium one (the first three to sign up): Machamp The Champion, Keeper of Night, and Professor Palutena.
  • The following people are currently at the top of podium two (the next three to sign up): Eron, professorlight, and TheGuy
  • The three people on each podium are to pick people to join them at the top. For someone to be admitted to join them and thus be "safe", at least 50% of the people currently at the top must agree to letting them up.
  • If a podium is already talking about admitting a player to the top, the other podium cannot talk about them until a decision is made.
  • To make a decision on someone joining the podium, bold your decision (ex: I Agree, I Disagree). You cannot retract your decision once it is made.
  • Upon joining the podium, you gain the ability to also decide on who joins the podium.
  • Only one player may be discussed at a time by each podium. Only the original three players on each podium may bring up players to discuss.
  • The two players left over will be eliminated from The Challenge.

USE THIS THREAD

old thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-previous-thread-for-the-challenge-season-5

As I said earlier, beg for them to have mercy of our souls? D:

Little limited on posting atm. Oh my.

Wadda you think MtC and Palutena? Should we save some of the poor souls?

So.... professorlight, and TheGuy.

What about Celever and Luispipe?

Since with both podiums we can save 18 out of 20 players, it would be faster if we decide who not to save, and then move on to see who goes where, wouldn't it?

But it's so much nicer to be a hero that saves people than to choose who dies. :p

And then the floor was hot lava.

inb4 all of the challenges are recreations of classic childhood trauma games.

So, read the rules again.

We can discuss about Celever and Luispipe. (Right now. You can also add more options)

Who do you want to discuss about first?

professorlight said:
Since with both podiums we can save 18 out of 20 players, it would be faster if we decide who not to save, and then move on to see who goes where, wouldn't it?

Of course, the two players everyone wants out (you and Palutena) are safe though...
Ok then. How about Wander and Celever? :D

Keeper of Night said:
professorlight said:

Of course, the two players everyone wants out (you and Palutena) are safe though...
Ok then. How about Wander and Celever? :D

Woop Woop.

We asked for Celever first.

He means who should we leave to swim a couple of laps on hot lava, eron.

Sure, keeper; I am no longer bound to protect james, and I really don't see either of them thinking twice before throwing any of us into the lava if they had the chance, so it's not like we're making any new enemies with that decision.

Everybody agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back