Finished The Challenge: Search for a Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! For some of you that remember the old Game Corner forum, you might remember a game known as The Challenge which was a type of online gameshow I created back in 2011. The game had twenty people sign up to compete in "challenges", which were minigames the participants played in. The first ten challenges have the players split in two teams as they compete against each other. The team that loses the challenge will vote off one player on their team. After ten challenges, the teams will combine and eliminate one player after each challenge until just one is left.

For examples of the previous runs of the game along with additional information, click here and here.

With poor unsheathed buried in work, he no longer has time to resurrect and enjoy hosting this game. I'm now looking for someone to take over and continue where I left off by bringing back one of the quality games back to the game forum. If you're interested in picking up the mantle, contact me, In the meantime, feel free to post here ideas you'd like to see the new host adopt in his run of The Challenge. ^_^

As the moderator of this forum, and more importantly, as the one and only victor of The Challenge, I approve this message.

And yet you didn't include the third one. I see how it is. ;-;
Though, seriously, if you do plan on bringing it back, that would be most amazing, given how The Challenge is one of the best, if not the best, things to ever hit the Game Corner here.

DNA said:
And yet you didn't include the third one. I see how it is. ;-;

There was a third?

That just shows how much I cared near the end of its original run lol.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-challenge-iii-3-teams-3-twists-3-times-the-fun

Yep, there's the third. It was a different twist of the game with three teams playing instead of the traditional two.

So... Basically Survivor?

Well, I can't host due to the fact I'm hosting a werewolf game with mapleboy86 soon, but I do have a challenge:

Chinese Personal Messages:

Player A of each team gets a saying.
Player A sends the saying through PM to both the host, to Player B
The host records Player A and Player Bs names, saying that know the saying. But, this information isn't presented yet.
Player B then sends the message to Player C and the host.
Once again, the host records this.
Player C, not knowing who already has the message can either send it to Player D, or Player A, but not Player B, because Player B gave them the information.
Continue the above.

The teams cannot communicate outside of passing the saying around.
The first team to have every member PM the host with the saying wins.

WanderingWolf said:

Well, I can't host due to the fact I'm hosting a werewolf game with mapleboy86 soon, but I do have a challenge:

The host records Player A and Player Bs names, saying that know the saying. But, this information isn't presented yet.
Player C, not knowing who already has the message can either send it to Player D, or Player A, but not Player B, because Player B gave them the information.
Continue the above.

Did anyone understand this...?

sillykyle said:
WanderingWolf said:

Continue the above.

Did anyone understand this...?

Let's say a team consists of A, B, C, D and E.

Person A would get the saying from the host, and may PM both the host and another player (lets say B). The host would then know that A and B have the message. Person B would then send the message to the host and once again, a different player. Since B already knows that A has the saying, he would send it to someone else (Lets say C).

C would send it to the host, and another player that isn't B. He has the chance of sending it to A, since he doesn't know who else has the saying other than himeself and the player who sent it to him.

If A gets it, then they send it to a player who isn't A, B or C, since they know that the aforementioned have the saying.

If, let's say D get the message, once again, he risks the chance of sending it to A or B, since he doesn't know if they have the message. If D was to send it to E, then that team would win the game.

It isn't a confusing concept, I just suck at explaining.

Astra said:
This is really dissapointing not to see a lot of interest in the Challenge 4.

Back in it's time, this was the game to be in.

If someone was to host, then I'm sure the sign ups would fill up within a day. The problem is hosting. Someone needs to come up with 19 (?) challenges, make all the rules, read past challenges (maybe, just to get the flow of the game) and actually pay attention to the game for who knows how long.

I didn't know about any of this either, and I may or may not be able to co-host. Probably not after school starts for me (start of February), because I'll be busy, but holidays are generally okay as I'm online almost always at least once a day.

These are the games that should be being put forth for consideration, not stupid yppy games.

I would like to rise up to the challenge. I will mod this if you allow me. I will also need a responsible co-host.

PMJ said:
These are the games that should be being put forth for consideration, not stupid yppy games.

Wow, nice job being rude to the greatest game of all time: magikrap used splash. ;[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back