The centerpiece of your TCG collection

J

Juliacoolo

Hey guys! I was recently leafing through some of my old binders, and stumbled upon six cards that I had lost many years prior. I was stunned to see sitting in front of me, were my beloved Espeon and Umbreon star Japanese players fan club promos. These two cards are the rarest I have ever owned, and will never leave my sight again.

Share your experiences with rare/valuable cards, and show off the centerpiece(s) of your TCG collection!

:O Can I see a pic of the Espeon and Umbreon? The only ones I've seen were scanned pics and they didn't look that great.

I'd say my centerpiece is my mint condition Latios*. It's such a pretty card when you hold it up to the light. It's also not everyday you find a mint one.

Hmmm... In value terms: Mew ex FA. Or Secret rare pikachu. I don't have much to brag about.

Sentimental wise: My Infernape LV. X promo. FIRST TCG product I ever opened.

I have a Base English and Japanese Blastiosie, both in decent condition

If I had to pick a single card, I'd say my English Mewtwo Star.

I absolutely lucked out getting this card. I wasn't ready to buy one since it's relatively expensive, and a pack-fresh Mint one popped up on eBay. The guy had a video link in his description showing him opening up the EX Holon Phantoms pack. Needless to say, I couldn't resist and placed a humble bid on the card. By sheer luck, I somehow won the auction. The card arrived in better condition than I could have imagined and so I decided to have it PSA graded. I am now the proud owner of a PSA 10 English Mewtwo Star (one of only a few in existence)! :D

Here's a picture for anyone curious in how a PSA graded card looks:
P1010160_zps4b3d36fa.jpg
I probably spend too much resources into PSA graded cards. :p

I like a lot of my cards, but the ones that have a lot of sedimental value would be my:
Flareon Gold Star: My only Gold Star, and I really like Flareon, so its an awesome card.
Rayquaza Dragons Exalted (Shiny): I pulled it when it was going for like $80, and it means a lot to me.
Charizard Plasma Storm: The weird part is I just got this today, and totally flipped when I got it.
Dragonite EX Dragon Frontiers: One of my favorite and first EX cards.
Blastoise EX & Venusaur EX (Both Firered Leafgreen): I have had these cards forever, but never got Charizard yet, but I really want him
Aerodactyl EX EX Sandstorm: This card has to be my favorite artwork on a card ever and I really like it.
My Bidoof Collection: My favorite Poke is Bidoof and I have a lot of Bidoof Items LOLOLOL.

Shiny Ray, Charizard PS and T32 2011 Tropical Beach are my rarest cards. My favorite thing I own though is my custom skyla playmat though

I don't have too many old cards, and I'm not sure how much it is even worth, but I hold dear my Base Set Shadowless Raichu. It's an interesting conversation starter when people see it in my binder with all my FA's and EX's.

Actually. I do have a prize card in my collection. My base set pre-release Raichu. I'm not joking. I seriously have it.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Actually. I do have a prize card in my collection. My base set pre-release Raichu. I'm not joking. I seriously have it.

Pictures please.

Pics or it didn't happen :p That card is the hope diamond of Pokemon Cards.

A request to prove it is, yours write salamancetrainer34 on a piece of paper and set it by raichu then take a pic to prove you have one.

hammer time! said:
A request to prove it is, yours write salamancetrainer34 on a piece of paper and set it by raichu then take a pic to prove you have one.

I didn't say I have it in real life, did I? I got a whole collection of dream cards in my folders.

Please keep in mind that this thread is for the discussion of real cards. Imaginary cards, dream cards, invisible cards, theoretical cards, and cards that you found pictures of on google images can be discussed elsewhere :p

I have... too many.

The biggest crowning glory would of course be the No.1/2/3 Trainer cards I have from the Kamex Mega Battle (of which I can confirm the No.1 is from the junior prizes due to the sister seniors card recently being auctioned) but I've seen a number of pretty rare or just generally lovely cards come into my possession.

shiny1.png

shiny2.png

shiny3.png

shiny4.png

shiny5.png

shiny6.png

shiny7.png

@Viper
Excuse my ignorance, but what is so special about the 2 Magikarps and the Key card? And on second thought what does the key do? Me very curious.

The first Magikarp is what's known as the University Magikarp. You had to send in quiz answers in to shogakukan to win a chance at participating in a special battle tourney for 2 days in Osaka. Winners got the Unikarp. The second one is the WEB reprint which isn't as rare but when I took that photo I had both of them for comparison.

Key lets draw a card then you flip a coin. If heads you put the key back into your deck. There were 17 released as prizes to winners at the WSC final in 2009.

My Base set Zapdos for sure. It was the only card that I originally owned. As of 2 years ago when I decided to collect Base - Neo 4, I had only 1 card. It was so scratched up and the back has a part missing due to some duct tape tearing it off.

My dad actually found it between the wall trim when he was painting my room. I'm surprised he asked if I wanted it. My mom would have thrown it out, like she probably did with the rest of my old cards.

IT IS MY ONLY CHILDHOOD CARD LEFT!

Back