Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

Patriots Fan

Collector
RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Do you guys know when the binders/albums/portfolios for the new TCG sets release? For example, would the Rising Fist ones release the same day the packs release? I'm trying to pick up two Mega Charizard binders for my brothers, but they seem to be out of print now, and I don't remember ever seeing them for sale at Target. Do they sell out in one day, and are only available at Card Shops? I haven't seen them listed as in print since late May, and I don't feel like paying $20+ per binder :/

Soundwave

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Kangaskhan question

Quick question, i couldn't find an answer anywhere else and it's probably nothing, but i recently pulled a Mega Kangaskhan card that was a different color than the regular one. It has a gold background. Anyone know what this is?

Nevermind, i see it on this websites scan page for Flashfire, so I'm guessing it's just some alternate card, thanks.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

The gold-bordered M Kangaskhan EX is an Ultra Rare. It is distinguished from the normal M Kangaskhan EX by the border and also the number (109/106 instead of 79/106).

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The-Kaiser said:
xxashxx said:
Yeah Walmart carries most Pokemon stuff except for dolls anyway. You can probably find them at Target as well but they might be higher. K-Mart tends to be a bit high as well. I bought a deck at K mart once and I paid $12.99+tax VS $9.99+tax at Walmart XD. You get better prices at Walmart. Fred Meyer (West Coast) also is a great place to but Pokemon merchandise as well.:)

EDIT: I have a friend of mine that I have been talking to for over 6 years now. However she has a place where she lives that sells her Pokemon cards for $2.00-$3.00 per pack and others for a dollar. However they only have 2-3 cards per pack. Is this legitimate? Is it legal to do this and if they do this does it mean she is getting fake cards? I have heard that scammers are now doing this to scam kids. Here is a link to the place so you guys can check for me and her. Thanks:

http://presstinemarketing.com/.:)

Its legal if the packs are real if not its illegal and they should be reported

According to my friend she told me they are opening packs and repackaging them with less cards. She also says the cards look real. To mee that is fraud though but I don't know what you guys think though.:)

Patriots Fan

Collector

xxashxx said:
The-Kaiser said:
Its legal if the packs are real if not its illegal and they should be reported

According to my friend she told me they are opening packs and repackaging them with less cards. She also says the cards look real. To mee that is fraud though but I don't know what you guys think though.:)

Don't know if repackaging the packs with less cards is fraud or not, but repackaging them with the same number of cards seems to be ok, as I've seen a few booster boxes on eBay that are advertised as being repackaged. I haven't seen eBay remove these types of listings, so I guess it's fine.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Actually it is like 3-5 cards. Here is a video of how they do it. It looks fake and not official Packaging. I need a mod with official knowledge please This looks fake and not official packaging so:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fd6afe_how

Link to video is above. Looks fake to me Not the same number as a pack. It is less and not real boosters.:(

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer

looks like a mix of real and fake but still hard to tell id need a scanned images of the cards in those packs to be sure

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

As far as I know, there's nothing illegal or fraudulent about repackaging cards for random resale, so long as the cards are not fake and the final product is not repackaged in such a way to make it look like it was untampered. For example, in the above video, those packs are clearly not official Pokémon booster packs; wrong packaging, no Pokémon logo, etc. This is basically just a real world version of those Ebay random lots.

Where it crosses the line is when such products claim to be officially released product (such as opening and resealing booster packs) or when they include fake cards.

Whether you should actually buy such products is another matter. Usually you're much less likely to get rare cards, so even though it seems cheaper, if you want good cards it's more expensive in the long run. These repackaged sets are mostly good for parents buying for smaller children since it's cheaper and young kids don't really care as much about rarity and collecting sets and thing like that.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Oh ok. It sure looked fake to me though that was why I was a bit concerned. Thanks XD.:)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

My guess is they are repackaging open blisters and promos from the stores.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

She says she is getting 2 rares and 1 other random card so I don't know. I am still wondering if the cards are really legit but they look real to me and she says they are from sets of older series and she told me the newer sets have 5 cards instead of 3 cards.:)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Does anyone have suggestions for storing the new style blisters?

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The-Kaiser said:
what style of Blister you talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Flashfire-Single-Booster-Blister-Pack-/161376196039?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item2592c555c7

The-Kaiser

I guess buy your own peg hooks or put them in a box of some kind

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The-Kaiser said:

I was hoping someone knew of a particular box. For example booster packs fit well in 400 count card boxes.

The-Kaiser

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

I was hoping someone knew of a particular box. For example booster packs fit well in 400 count card boxes.

Ahh i guess youd have to measure a booster pack and find a matching box.

Patriots Fan

Collector

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

Try the USPS' Priority mail boxes, at least anything other than the small flat rate one.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

This one might work out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-New-BCW-Baseball-Trading-Card-2-Row-Graded-Shoe-Box-cardboard-storage-/251313254169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a836fef19

Patriots Fan

Collector

Does anybody know if the new 3 pack blisters with the Mega Evolution pins are available at Target?