Discussion The Blazing Hellhound - (M) Houndoom EX Discussion

I feel like NM would just ruin Houndoom tho, by outspeeding it. If you hadn't discarded double dce turn one, how would you have won?

p.s. List plz

Put up bunnelbys, hammer energy, mill energy...
I won the 2nd night March game without discarding 2 the first turn...

List:
4 Houndoom
3 bunnelby
2 Shaymin
1 jirachi promo

3 sycamore
3 birch
3 flare grunt
2 Lysandre
1 xerosic
1 az
1 delinquent

4 crushing hammer
2 enhanced hammer
3 hard charm
3 head ringer
3 ultra ball
4 super scoop up
3 vs seeker
3 trainers' mail
1 super Rod
2 trick shovel
2 team aqua's secret base

6 fire energy

I honestly find that Mega Houndoom is better than the mill version of Houndoom. I dislike mill decks, so maybe it's just me, but I think that Mega Houndoom is powerful on its own, but regice ruins your life :(

I got 14th at NY States today with the same list as last week...
I was 3-2, and had a shot at cut if I had won my last round. (There were 6)
But I lost.

I played against:
Vespiquen: LL
Giratina/Vileplume: WW
Toad/Yveltal: WW
Night March: WW
Night March/Vespiquen: LL
Houndoom Mill (my list almost): WLL (I scooped last game when time was called. He was gonna win, and I didn't want to take that away because time was called. A tie wasn't getting either of us cut anyway)

Since you scooped to him, did he end up making the cut? Also, that's still a very strong back-to-back performance!

No, he did not make cut. He bubbled at 10th... :(
But he had better resistance than I did, so it's not like I would have had a shot if he scooped to me or anything.

Awwww...was hoping he Topped so I could brag more. :p

Still, it is nice knowing that the deck is still fairly successful. Makes me feel good.

Also, on the topic of M Houndoom EX...
There is very little he provides in comparison to self-sufficient attackers, such as Charizard EX. If anything, the fact that he is an EX that will usually only do 160 (180 with Giovanni and you should NOT use a turn to evolve him, thus you should be playing Spirit Links) is pretty lackluster overall, even for 2 energy (and unless you attach Blaze Energy, you lose them, which requires either two more attachments or the use of Blacksmith, which is a Supporter slot for that turn).

It's unfortunate, too, because M Houndoom looks amazing as a card imo... :c

Back