• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded The Big Bad Dark Deck (Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX)

Qtmcgoo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 14
  • 3 Yveltal EX (XY)
  • 2 Yveltal (XY)
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX (RS)
  • 1 Seismitoad EX (FF)
  • 2 Zorua (BT)
  • 2 Zorark (BT)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (XY)
  • 2 N (Promo)
  • 2 Lysandre (FF)
  • 1 Cloress
  • 1 AZ (PF)
  • 1 Xerosic (PF)
  • 1 Ghetsis
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Ultra Ball (XY)
  • 4 VS Seeker (PF)
  • 3 Dark Patch
  • 3 Muscle Band (XY)
  • 2 Battle Compressor (PF)
  • 1 Computer Search *Ace Specs*
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
Energy: 11
  • 7 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

It's your basic dark deck for expanded. Darkrai and Toad are alt attackers for Mega Man and Night March to take out Joltik. Best opening hand would be anything but a Shaymin or Hoopa. Hoopa will be able to get Shaymin, Keldo and Darkrai or Yevltal (Which ever I dont already have out). Toad and Ghetsis provide Item/Trainer disruption. Az it bring back Shaymin, Toad or really any seriously injured pokemon. Everything else is pretty self explanatory

Last edited:
I think that if you took out the keldeo, escape rope, 1 lysandre, 1 vs seeker, xerosic and dark patch, and switched them out for 2 Zoroark 2 zoura and 2 float stone, then the deck would be better, because zoroark is a an awesome dark pokemon with a great attack and an ability like keldeo. It would also provide you with a stage 1 attacker and a consistent way to cleanse special effects. You don't have to take out all the cards that I named, but I think that making room for the zoroark family would be extremely beneficial.

Although Zoroark is a really good attacker and I like him, I dont think he'll fit into this deck for expanded. You're asking to get rid of 6 cards (Although I'd never put stone in due to darkrai). I have Yev Ex and Dark Ex as my main attackers and a lot of sup that can be used against a lot of common decks.

Hi Qtmcgoo,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Hoopa Ex (not needed that much in this deck since you have sufficient draw abilities but no means to get rid of utility Pokémon that may turn into easier prizes)
- 1 Darkrai Ex (love the free retreat but he is not that good as an attacker anymore since we have more efficient options available)
- 1 Keldeo Ex (not needed with the revision)

- 1 Dark Patch (three is sufficient with Yveltal)
- 1 N (two should be sufficient)
- 1 Escape Rope (needed space)

+ 2 Zoroark (a non-Ex Keldeo that can attack and also handles Safe Guard Pokémon such as Regice)
+ 2 Zorua (needed evolution)

+ 2 Battle Compressor (awesome in this build since it can provide fast access to tech supporters and fuel Dark Patch and Oblivion Wing)

Hi Qtmcgoo,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Hoopa Ex (not needed that much in this deck since you have sufficient draw abilities but no means to get rid of utility Pokémon that may turn into easier prizes)
- 1 Darkrai Ex (love the free retreat but he is not that good as an attacker anymore since we have more efficient options available)
- 1 Keldeo Ex (not needed with the revision)

- 1 Dark Patch (three is sufficient with Yveltal)
- 1 N (two should be sufficient)
- 1 Escape Rope (needed space)

+ 2 Zoroark (a non-Ex Keldeo that can attack and also handles Safe Guard Pokémon such as Regice)
+ 2 Zorua (needed evolution)

+ 2 Battle Compressor (awesome in this build since it can provide fast access to tech supporters and fuel Dark Patch and Oblivion Wing)
So I took your advice. After looking at my original deck list I realized I did leave out the Battle Comp from my post and was 3 card short so I updated it and made it with some new changes.

Consider adding a head ringer or 2. It would force your opponent to use an additional energy and would slow down your opponent a bit. It would also give Evil Ball an additional 20 damage.

Back