• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Age of Dragons (ArcDiaPalk GX Dragon Box)

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
"In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons"

With Cosmic Eclipse on our heels, I've taken quite the liking to Arceus/Palkia/Dialga GX, from the energy ramping of the first attack and the potential the GX attack gives with the added damage and potential for taking more prizes with each KO you get, plus the art is sick af.

Pokemon: (14)
3 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX
3 Drampa CEC
2 Altaria DRM
3 Jirachi SM9
Keldeo GX
Cobalion GX
Mewtwo & Mew GX

TSS: (31)
4 Cynthia
4 Custom Catcher
3 Mysterious Treasure
3 Acro Bike
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Bill's Analysis
2 N's Resolve
2 Cherish Ball
2 Pokegear 3.0
1 Reset Stamp
1 Lance Prism Star
1 Power Plant
2 Viridian Forest

Energy: (15)
10 Water Energy
5 Steel Energy

Strategy:

Get an ArcDiaPal onto the bench so you can pop Altered Creation asap for the boosts, and start building up benched Pokemon with Ultimate Ray and N's Resolve. Altarias are there for added damage (though tbh I'm unsure on their addition with Lance Prism Star but I'll need to actually test) while Drampa serves as the main non-GX attacker since Dragon Fan can hit for 140 even before modifiers from other cards, and the other GXs are there to cover matchups.

Hi imashbuttons,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:

- 1 Mewtwo & Mew GX (not needed in this deck)
- 2 Altaria (they don't turn 2hkos into ohkos most of the time)

+ 1 Keldeo GX (great attacker versus Pokémon GX focused decks)

Trainer:
- 2 Bill's Analysis (I prefer Lillie in this deck)
- 1 Lance Prism Star (not needed without Altaria in the deck)
- 4 Custom Catcher (Great Catcher takes less deck space and seems more consistent)
- 2 Pokémon Communication (Cherish Ball and Mysterious Treasure are better in this deck)

+ 4 Lillie (still an insane draw card)
+ 2 Great Catcher (Gust effects are great)
+ 3 Escape Board (enables Jirachi to retreat for free)
+ 1 Mysterious Treasure (stable search card in this deck)
+ 1 Cherish Ball (see above)

I would also suggest to switch all three stadium cards for three copies of Chaotic Swell to protect Keldeo GX.

Back