the 70+ club (Absol prime combo)

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
the idea is to have Absol prime active, then Miasma Valley out. here's where the extra 20 comes in, Metagross SV.
just Absol and miasma will instantly KO anything with less than 50 HP if they're not psychic or grass type. while Metagross bumps it up to a minimum HP of 70 for non grass/psychic to survive being benched.

I'm well aware of its clunk factor, but I think that if I pair it with Tina X (again, I am aware how slow this list is sounding) that it'll LZ a ton of pokemon right away. like, if they BTS over the miasma valley, just bring out the metagross and then use darkness lost. in theory, it'll one shot pixies, as well as practically anything not psychic or grass. even Regice would be KO'd if it was placed down while miasma was still out.

if the win condition is met, it's a beast. I just don't see the combo happening in actual play. maybe in league for fun.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
I play tested it a bit ago against my neighbor (she borrowed my Arceus deck) luckily I started with Jirachi RR and Cyrus Initiative and 2 rocket's trickery. she had an OK start, that got turned into a horrible start. I then used final wish to get out a Twins, got a second Jirachi and a warp energy. sent it out and then used twins again. I got setup considerably. I should have Seeker'd the turn before my last turn, but I didn't want the fire arceus to get healed, but then she wouldn't of had enough energy to Sky spear for the win. it was a close game as I only had 1 prize card left in the end. I LZ'd 2 Arceus Lv X's with Giratina X as well.

should I post the deck list? or a skeleton list?

cuz as far as pokemon go, I've got:
2 Absol Prime
3 Jirachi (2 RR, 1 CoL)
3-3-3 Metagross (1 UL, 1 SV, 1 LA)
1-1 Azelf X
1-1 Giratina X
2 Uxie LA
1 Drifblim FB

I've got 2 warp energy, some basic Psychic energy, 4 DCE, 4 Miasma Valley, 2 Initiative, 3 TRR, and some search cards.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
it is a strange decklist. it's fun, it's rogue, it's slow, it's clunky, it Lost zones.

lol

I'll put it up shortly, gotta remember where I put it.. =/

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
ok, so I'm doing this from my phone.. Bear with me..

1-1 Giratina X (let loose)
2 Absol Prime
1 Drifblim FB
2 Uxie LA
3 Jirachi (2 RR, 1 CoL)
1-1 Azelf X
3-3-3 Metagross
(beldum/metangUL, Metagrosses: 1 UL, 1 LA, 1 SV)
pokémon: 21

1 Lucian's Assignment
1 Technical machine TS-1
3 Miasma Valley
2 Seeker
1 Black Belt
2 Cyrus's Initiative
2 PONT
2 TRT
1 Twins
1 Premier Ball
1 Level Max
2 IQ
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 Aaron's
1 VS seeker
T/S/S: 22

2 Rainbow Energy
3 Warp Energy
2 SP Metal Energy
6 Psychic Energy
4 DCE
Energy: 17

sweet, my phone didn't jack up a posy this time :)

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
hmmm...this deck is quite amazing lol. maybe some crobat g? easy kills all around. im trying to think of a faster spread and it only has to be like 1 damage. i want to run this deck lol. i always saw no point for that metagross lol

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
if you have absol Prime active, then get Metagross out, Pixies get OHKO by Giratina. then placed in the lost zone. if you have 2 Absol prime in play and either Miasma or metagross out, you stop a Gyarados deck in its tracks. they can't bench a single Karp. also, it makes Regice get KO'd by Giratina X as well. unfortunately, Miasma usually gets tossed by a BTS, which is why having 2 Absol instead of just 1 is important. rainbow is in case u need to hit with the Absol, but it usually used with TM TS-1 to evolve your benched. kind of like Spiritom AR, only different strategy and harder to get out.

which is why it's the ONLY deck I've ever made with Uxies in it.

the rainbow also help if u need to attack and haven't drawn into the special metal energy.

Metagross LA with Azelf is a crazy combo with lock up.

getting the setup is nuts tho.. needing to have 70 HP alone just to survive being benched, then needing at least 100 HP to survive 1 Giratina attack.. I may instead swap all the psychic out for electric, to use Ampharos to power lock, and ERL to kill everything with poke-powers. since the 80 + 20 for benching + 20 HP reduction + 20 for miasma.. it's like.. instant win t 3. (more or less)

(but then it would lose the hand disruption a bit)