TCG Fakes The Ωmega Fakes: Ultra Invasion Complete

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by The Ωmega One, Feb 1, 2019.

1. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Thanks for the advice BB :)

2. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

Loving the new cards, Omega! They all really feel like they're straight out of the DPPt era. I also admire the dedication to take on an entire set at once. :p

For the LV.Xs, I'd recommend doing a bit of touching-up on the art to make it more era-accurate. LV.Xs tend to have incredibly exaggerated highlights and shadows; you can achieve something similar in PS through beveling and the Dodge and Burn tools.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work! :D

bbninjas and The Ωmega One like this.
  3. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

I swear I haven't forgotten about my fakes.... okay maybe I got really distracted by a new project that'll improve the quality of my art for faking. That being said I made art work for MissingNo. and a card to show off the art :p
    [​IMG]
    MissingNo. 70 hp (C)
    Poké-Power: Glitched Item
    Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard a Trainer card from your hand and use the effect of that card as often as you like during this turn.
    (C)(C)(C) Sky Attack 50
    Flip a coin for each Trainer Effect you used during this turn. For each heads, draw a card.
    Weakness: Resistance: Retreat Cost: 2
    The card itself is very broken but also captures what MissingNo. did in game by duplicating items and allowing the player to use that item basically as much as they wanted.

Nyora and bbninjas like this.
  4. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

[​IMG]
    I made some multi type blanks and wanted to throw something together to test them. I'm really happy with this card. I swear I'll finish Forgotten Legends soon

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  5. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

[​IMG]
    I've decided to scrap Forgotten Legends, I'm going to take the cards I've made for FL and use them in smaller minisets. The first miniset being Ultra Invasion.

bbninjas and CardPone like this.
  6. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  7. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

[​IMG]

Same.

No seriously, you've done a stunning job at putting this set togehter, Omega! I couldn't believe how quickly you did it, until I realised that you'd probably done half the cards already, haha.

Your renders came out very well, in fact, I didn't realise they were your art until about halfway through the set. The style fits right in. I'm going to have make some request for my own set, I think!

The Ultra Beast mechanic also settles in nicely. The mechanic isn't too left field, and mostly just has a few extra search features, and you've included a few counters like Stunfisk and Floatzel to Shread (!?) them up in case they become too meta. Balance wise, I think that the Ultra Beast ball should probably exclude searching for Lv.Xs to keep it in line with the similar DPPt-era Trainers. But otherwise, power balance appears to be kept well.

The Ωmega One likes this.
  8. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Thanks BB :)!! Yeah a few cards from this set were reworked from my larger scrapped set :p

You have no idea how much time was spent doing some of these renders, oddly enough the LVX were much easier than stuff like Xurkitree or one of my favorite art pieces, Poipole but I'm really happy with the way everything seemed to work cohesively

Balancing was an interesting process, a few cards were drastically changed through out the making of the set, maybe one day the prototypes might see the light of day ;)
    As for Beast Ball good catch! I'll have to errata it

bbninjas likes this.
  9. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

These look really good, especially that Stunfisk

Found a couple of errors/suggestions
    Guzzlord: Endless Appetite's (before your attack) is not italicized.
    Naganadel: Toxin Inject should refer to opponent's Active Pokémon, not Defending, as it is not an attack for a Pokémon to Defend (see Magmortar SV #006).
    BB is wrong about Beast Ball if he's talking about official DPPt cards, the only search card in all fo DPPt that excludes Lv.X is Luxury Ball.
    Balance wise, Soliera could get away with retrieving more cards (compare: Night Maintenance MT #113, Palmer's Contribution SV #139).
    Balance wise, Ultra Megalopolis doesn't have to be Prism Star, although it does make it look cooler (compare: Snowpoint Temple LA #134)

The Ωmega One and bbninjas like this.
  10. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Thanks for pointing these out :)
    Fixed Guzz, Nagan and Beast Ball
    Kept Soliera the same, I feel like if she was able to target more it would give UB decks a massive advantage, Palmer can get away with 5 because it could be anything, LVX, Basic, SP etc
    Ultra Megalopolis is now +40hp to justify the prism star, I really don't want to drop the prism gimmick because it looks so nice with the art

11. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

Love how you are still using the DP era cards.
    Is it just me or some of you cards aren't loading at all

12. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Here's some random non set related stuff I've made recently
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I feel like I should explain the battle bonded gimmick a little bit. This idea came from the user Celibiii in the faking discord who mentioned making a tag team with a trainer and pokemon. The idea was interesting so I eventually landed on using the Battle Bond gimmick as it thematically fit the idea. @steffenka is actually using this gimmick in a few cards so if you like this gimmick and want to see it done more you should hop over to Steff's faking thread.

DragonFang101 and steffenka like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?