Help Testing Groups?

SamuelOak

Researcher
Hello all.

I am currently looking to grow and develop as a competitive TCG player having had minor success at the VGC, and have been attending regionals and internationals recently, as well as grinding and practicing on PTCGO on my own.

However, there's only so much one can do by oneself, and I was wondering how it is possible to get involved in testing groups? Is there anyone on here who is part of a testing group that could give any advice? I am UK based, which also complicates things as I have not yet heard of any testing groups in the UK, and time differences make Uk - USA coordination difficult.

I hope this is the right place to ask, and please let me know if you have had similar problems or have any advice to offer people in the same position?

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
I’d say this is a perfect place to ask. I just joined a testing group last week amd just want to point out a couple of things:

Literally asking like you are is a perfect way to start, although I don’t know how many UK players are on here.

As for establishing a testing group, it’s important to set down what your goals are, whether it be working towards a regional win or just finding people to play with for fun. Also, communicating those goals to testing partners is important so they know whether they have time and resources or even knowledge to help.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
There are tons of European players that just test online, but who have no specific testing group. Most just play against randoms or have their own exclusive testing group consisting of 2 to 6 players. The only thing I can help you with right now is giving my PTCGO name, which is whisperingmind. I'm a very competitive (and succesfull) player in the seniors division (but I've recently aged up).

SamuelOak

Researcher
I’d say this is a perfect place to ask. I just joined a testing group last week amd just want to point out a couple of things:

Literally asking like you are is a perfect way to start, although I don’t know how many UK players are on here.

As for establishing a testing group, it’s important to set down what your goals are, whether it be working towards a regional win or just finding people to play with for fun. Also, communicating those goals to testing partners is important so they know whether they have time and resources or even knowledge to help.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions

Personally my goals are to win a regional, or at least work towards that. Thanks for the reply, how did you join your testing group?

Hawlucha22

Aspiring Trainer
There are tons of European players that just test online, but who have no specific testing group. Most just play against randoms or have their own exclusive testing group consisting of 2 to 6 players. The only thing I can help you with right now is giving my PTCGO name, which is whisperingmind. I'm a very competitive (and succesfull) player in the seniors division (but I've recently aged up).
I'm a last year senior in UK i'll test PTCGO if you want (i'm never against playing more pokemon)