Discussion Testing Analysis and Results - How Do You Keep Track of That?

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Hello.
I'm opening this thread because I want to know what do you do when testing a deck.
If you take notes or how do you keep track of a deck doing well or not.

Currently what I do it's just write the deck I pkayed against and if I won or lose and what was my win condition.

For example, I'm currently testing an Oranguru/Zoroark deck:

Deck: Garbodor/Zoroark
Result: Win
Win Condition: Enery removal

Feel free to add your opinions or any advice you have!

Great Thread idea, thanks.

After developing a deck idea and associated strategy, I personally keep a list of the deck contents by version. I then test each deck version about 20 times against other decks and thereafter make changes, if need be. Other round(s) of testing may again take place along with further deck revisions till I arrive at a point where I then have a "tournament-worthy" deck.

After each tournament match, I try to note the key reasons (e.g., misplays, poor drawing, Type weakness, setup speed, etc.) why I may have won or lost the match to the player running his/her respective deck. I'll then review the win/loss match reasons against my testing results to see if further deck changes are needed.

That's great.

I would love if we can come up with a sheet template for testing.
With your comment and my idea would be something like this:
Captura.png

What do you guys think?

I do like the template but the display of data can get confusing so instead of having a column for if you won or loss you could rename your columns to yourself and opponent and then display the data as.

Opposing deck: [Example's_deck]
Turns for a good setup: 1 2 3 4 5 more
Opponent the advantage had Type weakness: Yes No
Opponents skill: Well you dont know what situation your opponent is in so this data could be useless and unreliable
Win condition: (you would tell me what you mean)
Observation: Must have

Ok, I know what you mean and I like where this is going so I want to explain some columns:

Opponent's skill:
Sometimes you play vs an opponent and you can tell by the way he/she makes plays if it's a good player or not but I think most of the time you can't tell so this column should be removed. I agree.

Win condition:
There are decks that rely in multiple ways of winning. Si this column it's only applicable to some decks. For example: I'm testing an oranguru/zoroark deck that can win either by attacking only, by removing all the opponent's energy or by decking out so this column could help in future revisions of the deck to know what is your most probable winning condition.

Well, that being said I think we can agree on this template so far:
Captura.png

I really do like this template. The only thing I ve added is who won what game (out of 6) so you can test a lot more with the sheet. Well here is my version of the sheet.

Attachments

• Deck Testing Template Word.docx
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
I really do like this template. The only thing I ve added is who won what game (out of 6) so you can test a lot more with the sheet. Well here is my version of the sheet.

I like it a lot too and think we have something good here.
How about we use your version for like 20 games and see if we can add or remove something?
I'll upload my template when I'm done.

I could use this at my league with my advanced players. We can see how much perspective it gives us. Plenty, I'm sure.

Back