RMT Tentacruel (UU)

DdogTheKing

On the surfside.
073.png

That's one big squid isn't it. Ah, yes one of Kanto's original predators. Tentacruel has always been one of the better bulky water types but in the newer gen he had to take a little back set this time around. It went from OU, to UU cause of the whole no usage thing which kinda sucks. However, on to it's competitive value.

Typing: Tentacruel's typing is really good. It has only two weaknesses, and resists 8 different types., and is strong against 3 types. Very solid in my book.

Abilities: Tentacruel's abilities are rather decent. Clear Body is amazing cause it's stats can never be lowered, Liquid Ooze not so much. I guess it can work on someone who's trying to Giga Drain, or use Leech Seed on you and they end up damaging themselves in the result haha. Rain Dish is a great ability for support in the rain. With it's standard recovery item of Black Sludge it heals more at the end of the turn increasing it's longevity.

Movepool: Tentacruel has alot of good moves under it's tentacles. Ha, get it because it's a squid. Why am I still trying? Moves like Rapid Spin, Scald, Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes. The list goes on.

Base Stats - Total: [515] 80/70/65/80/120/100

073.gif

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off / Rapid Spin
- Clear Smog / Sludge Bomb
- Mirror Coat

Scald- Scald is always gonna be your faithful water STAB. Scald is the best move for the job so you can have a option to cripple oposers with burns. This also help's it's rather low defensive base. Even if I am fully invested some things I just cannot take on a proper level.

Knock Off- This is to further help out Tentacruel in terms of item support. Some moves are powered up i.e. Life Orb, berries and so on. Knock Off even adds a little support to one of its weaknesses.

Rapid Spin- You don't really need this or you have another member who has Knock Off present to your team. Rapid spin works if you find your team needs rocks to be removed, this also helps Tentacruel cause Tentacruel can come in more comfortable without worrying about taking excessive hazard damage.

Clear Smog- Awh, you wanted to set up? How cute! Clear Smog is a move that clears the stats and resets them to neutral. So say you are fighting a Florges who just used Calm Mind if you hit it then the boosts from Calm Mind will be gone. Clear Smog only clears the stats on a open pokemon, the stats are not removed if the opposer is in a sub.

Sludge Bomb- Sludge Bomb is here if you want the higher power, and the chance to poison things. Since, I cannot use Toxic, or Toxic Spikes then this can be a good alternative on getting off some poison on opponents.

Mirror Coat- You remember this streagdy before no? I tried the very same tactic in my Milotic set I made sometime ago. The concept for this one is still the same. Take a huge hit from a special attack and dish it out at x2 the power. So, if I take a Thunderbolt from M-Ampharos and live. I can dish it back to KO it in return. Also, Mirror Coat will always go last so no need on the speed factor.

Back