• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tentacle Twins (Malamar/Giratina-EX)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon- 11
4 Inkay AOR45
3 Malamar XY58
2 Giratina-EX AOR93
2 Shaymin-EX ROS106

Trainers- 39
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Professor Kukui
1 Skyla
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Lysandre
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Enhanced Hammer
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
1 Escape Rope
1 Float Stone
1 Super Rod
4 Shrine of Memories

Energy- 10
6 Darkness Energy
4 Double Dragon Energy

XY7_EN_45.png
XYP_EN_XY58.png
XY5_EN_139.png

Strategy
Disrupt your opponent with the above combination (Active Malamar with single dark energy attached uses Ink Spit, preventing your opponent's Active Pokémon from attacking). In this time you set up a Giratina, and capitalise from them having to waste resources to retreat. Malamar's damage output is far too low currently, which is why Professor Kukui is in the deck, however I'm considering things like Poison Barb instead to boost damage (the deck really needs Choice Band from Guardians Rising so Ink Spit hits for 40 against big HP attackers).

Card explanations
4 Crushing Hammer / 1 Enhanced Hammer / 1 Team Flare Grunt- Energy Denial. This works alongside them having to retreat to attack if you used Ink Spit.
4 Shrine of Memories- Necessary for Malamar to stop opponent attacking.
4 Puzzle of Time- For getting back Shrine of Memories. I find it's also very good at getting back Hammers and Double Dragon Energies when necessary (or a Super Rod as you often thin out a lot).
2 Professor Kukui- Improves damage numbers while using Ink Spit.

This is a really fun deck to play I find, but it's just slightly falling short (mostly due to not hitting enough damage). This could definitely thrive better in Expanded with Hypnotoxic Laser and Muscle Band to help out.

I was suggested to try Zoroark BKT as well, which could be neat (replace 2 Giratina-EX and 4 Double Dragon Energy with 2 Zorua, 2 Zoroark, 1 Zoroark-BREAK and add an extra Darkness Energy).

I love the idea of the ink spit attack combo. Why not make a deck surrounding only that pokemon and maybe like a yveltal for big knockouts later. If there is something that lets you trap your opponents pokemon in the active I would consider this. You could also pair it with umbreon gx or decidueye gx to give you other attackers or more damage to work with.

The deck is very neat although it runs into serious problems if anyone ever gets a Hex Maniac, Switch, or Pokémon Ranger off (and it is killing so slow that any deck that runs either card will likely be able to use them). Because of that I would try to focus on getting as much damage as possible off at once. Decidueye would be a great card for getting extra damage in. Choice Band seems very important as well once it comes out. Ariados / Dragalge could be used as poison + retreat prevention, but you run the problem of self poison. Even with Choice Band, 2 Decidueye, Poison, and Kukui the attack is only hitting for 120, which is basically the minimum you need to hit to 2HKO Megas and S1/S2 GXs.

You could make a deck with the Main attack as well tho. This would give you 30 more damage to work with (maybe even 30 more after that if they are dumb enough to attack) and No need for the stadium (so you could therefore use forest of giant plants for either plume or decidueye). The only problem is getting enough energy to be able to attack, you could use either max elixir or exp share but the last one would cause problems with your choice band and the first one would be hard to hit with both DCE and few other energies.

You could also use jolteon, flareon and waporeon to boost the damage output. This could also be complimented by umbreon gx because you are going to use eevee anyways and a gx attack would be nice

Back