Team

sazando101

Where all other dragons fail...
Team Building:
I have always had a dream of building a great team. I wanted to find six sets that worked together amazingly and put it into one, amazing team. I think that if I will ever come anywhere close to doing that, then this team is the result. It has currently peaked at number 61 on PO, so I’m feeling pretty good about it. It started with the idea of a core. That core was of Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Gastrodon.

[Ferrothorn] [Heatran] [Gastrodon]

I noticed that none of these pokemon had a resistance to fighting, so I decided to put on a lead, and a former friend of mine, Prankster Sableye.

[Sableye] [Ferrothorn] [Heatran] [Gastrodon]

Now I started to think about how this team was actually going to work. I saw this as either balanced or stall, so I decided to add a good hazards pokemon that could set up Toxic Spikes. I didn’t really like Ferrothorn, so I put in Forretress.

[Sableye] [Forretress] [Ferrothorn] [Heatran] [Gastrodon]

Finally, I needed a last pokemon. I decided that I needed a tricker, or at least an annoyer, and I really did want paralysis on my team. I decided that Jirachi would be a perfect match for the team.

[Sableye] [Forretress] [Ferrothorn] [Heatran] [Gastrodon] [Jirachi]

As I said earlier, I really didn’t like Ferrothorn on my team, and it was really starting to add up my fire weaknesses, making me incredibly weak to sun teams. I decided to switch out Ferrothorn for a sweeper, Landorus.

[Sableye] [Forretress] [Landorus] [Heatran] [Gastrodon] [Jirachi]

By now, my team was starting to do really well. I finally got to 61 when I ran into a sun team that 6-o’d me, which, after winning countless matches, was really humiliating. I noticed that I had a problem with Balloon Heatran. My Heatran could do nothing, and almost any moveset could stall out my team Landorus being choiced. I decided that Landorus was the weak link in the team, and switched him out for a favorite of mine, DDdos.

[Sableye] [Forretress] [Gyarados] [Heatran] [Gastrodon] [Jirachi]

In-Depth
Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy