• Flawless, needs no editing

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Very good, but still needs editing

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Average, quite a bit of editing needed

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Below average, lots of editing needed

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Man, this team sucks. You should change it completely.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

psycho hand

Wait... I'm supposed to put text here?
This team has had a little success in competitive battling but I still find myself losing quite often. Any help would be appreciated.
ambipom.png

Ambipom @focus sash
ability: technician
nature: adamant
Moveset:
taunt
fake out
u-turn
thunderpunch
evs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 6 hp

strategy: first, gathering that they are not a ghost type, I use fake out. Next, if I think they will use a move that could be potentially crippling, I will use taunt. Then, if they are not ground, electric, or anything that could wall me, I use thunderpunch. Also works wonders on gyarados. If the opponent is one of the aforementioned types, I use u-turn to switch to a pokemon that can handle it. He is also a great scouter and late game sweeper. Now, moving on to...
porygonz.png

Porygon-z @choice scarf
ability: download
nature: timid
moveset:
trick
hp fighting
tri attack
nasty plot
evs:252 spatk, 252 speed, 6 hp

The reason for the name... anyway, as you can see, the main objective is to trick over the choice scarf to the opponent (the other two can cause unwanted boosts in the right stat) and watch them use the same move over and over letting me build up a nasty plot and proceed to sweep. One of the things that walls me is tricking a pokemon with another choice item. I end up being locked into trick. This set has made some people go "wtf" and "give me back my life orb!". This set is to mainly disrupt sweeping sets that aren't using
a choice item such as dding gyarados. it also works on cripplers and walls as well. Now, gengars wall this set, and porygon-z can't do anything about it, but metagross CAN.
metagrossb.png

Metagross @life orb
ability: clear body
moveset:
explosion
meteor mash
ice punch
pursuit
evs:252 atk, 200 spe, 68 hp

strategy: There really isn't any. just switch in on a move it will resist, and start plowing. Explosion is for sticky situations (like a hypothetical situation where a gyarados dded 6 times, happened to not know earthquake, I survived and exploded, beating the overdrive serpent. note: this actually happened, and I won the match.) that I just can't get out of, and pursuit is for any ghost type (namely gengar) who just happens to get in the way. Bonus if they try to switch. Now, here is the special wall of the team...
latias.png

Latias @leftovers
nature:calm
moveset:
calm mind
roost
psychic
thunder wave
evs:200 spatk, 252 spdef, 58 hp

strategy: While I did say it was a special wall, it also helps to mess up revenge killers and fast sweepers (scarftar surprisers, anybody?) using thunder wave. usually I calm mind 2-3 times, roost if needed, thunder wave, and then use psychic. If they switch I spread paralysis to their whole team. Very useful indeed. also please don't suggest soul dew it's banned and I looked the special stats, and it looked like a slaking without traunt faster than speed deoxys. Very cheap indeed. Now, moving on to...
galladeq.png

Gallade @choice band
ability: heart of justice
moveset:
thunderpunch (yes, I have something against gyarados, I just don't know what.)
earthquake
psycho cut
close combat
evs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 6 hp

strategy: Has served me well, taking out most others that are slower than him. The idea here is to switch in on a dark type attack so that it will be ineffective and raise gallade's attack, making him capable of sweeping. not much else to say, other than that if he can move first, he will be the last one standing. Now, the final pokemon is...

Shandera @white herb
Ability: flash fire
nature: timid
moveset:
overheat
hidden power fighting
energy ball
shadow ball
evs:252 sp atk, 252 spe, 6 hp

strategy: Man, this things special attack is insane. It would have been let into the uber tier if it weren't for all of it's other stats being below or average.
Now, overheat HURTS. It OHKOs registeel and ice and severely damages blissy. HP fighting is for things that overheat can't hit very well (such as rock types and very rarely blissy) energy ball is for swampets and shadow ball is a good STAB move.

That just about sums it up, I guess. WAIT! I still haven't told you my weaknesses!
Gengar: messes up galade and porygon-z.
Any dark or ghost type: because half my team is part psychic.
Tyranitar:These guys drive me mad. they don't care what I do to them, and slap me right back in the face. "throws computer at a wall"

counters: Gengar:pursuit
Dark or ghost type:pursuit or gallade
Tyranitar:gallade

The counter for the other dark and ghost types is fine, but gengar and ttar still give me trouble.

One final note: please keep the team revolving around trick. If you suggest a totally different strategy, I might not even read the rest unless you have a good reason for changing the strategy. If you're going to suggest another threat don't say something like "_____ owns your whole team." Please say why and a counter.

edit: I also realize that my team is pretty weak to fighting types as well.

Porygon-Z really shouldn't have the moveset it has. Ghost types are immune to all its damaging moves. I'd really recommend either dropping Nasty Plot and keeping Choice Scarf or drop Trick and change your item and replace the move with Dark Pulse. This allows it to hit ghosts for double damage.

Latias really needs Dragon Pulse instead of Psychic. This will allow you to damage dark types since TTar will often use Pursuit against Latias. If the TTar is a DD set, you really need to get out of there so its a tough decision on staying in or not.

On Gallade I'd consider Stone Edge instead of ThunderPunch. You still are able to hit Gyarados for double damage plus you are able to hit Salamence, Dragonite, and Shandera for double damage amongst other Pokemon.

Swords Dance Doryuuzu in Sandstorm has a field day with this team. I suggest you replace Gallade with Roobushin:

Roobushin @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Moveset:
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

This thing can easily check Dory, and otherwise gives your team some much needed priority since you don't have a single revenge killer in your team.

As DE said, Dragon Pulse > Psychic on Latias. Psychic gives you terrible coverage while Dragon Pulse has excellent neutral coverage.

Thanks! I will denfinently make those changes. Actually, I might either change Ambipom with froslass or porygon-z with an umbreon. Any comments on these considerations would be helpful, because trick isn't helping. Also, Void... do you mean roopushin?

Off topic, but Void... is your avatar made to look like it is moving? Because it is playing tricks with my eyes.

Yeah, Roopushin/Roobushin is the same thing, PO spells it as Roobushin and Serebii spells it as Roopushin. ._.

And no, my avatar is not animated. You might want to get your eyes checked, lol.

I was just curious because shoddy battle said Roopushin, but I suspected they were the same because of the attack and hp stats. I am WAY to unfamiliar with 5th generation pokemon...

You will notice a fair amount of spelling differences. If you want to get technical, you can actually change the names to be correct, but you have to know what to edit. I know how to do it, but it is a fair amount of work.

Back