Team Tanzen [5th gen OU]

juunkmilk

3nd coming
{TEAM TANZEN}
(Tanzen is German for dance)

I've been playing for maybe a month tops, and I figure now is when I'm gonna need the most help, I have a very thin grasp on Competitive VG. Very thin. I know what maybe fourteen Pokémon in OU do and I'm still pretty bad with keeping track of my weaknesses n' such. Don't be surprised if I don't have much to say, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

LatiasHGSSPromo10.jpg

Ladyas (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

I decided to use Latias as my lead, because Swift Swim/ Drizzle is banned, and it's certainly a lot better than Electrode. I like it cuz it's like a lead, but it can also do things later on. I usually Rain Dance, then Thunder/ Dragon Pulse a bit 'till their lead is dead. It seems like it would be a good idea to use against a Kingdra rather than sacrificing DJANGO. Speaking of Django...

Kingdra-Prime-85.jpg

DJANGO (Kingdra) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Kingdra moves fast in rain, it does a lot of damage before you do because it is fast. Ok. HP fighting is good against Ferrothorns. Or... other things that are weak to Fighting. I don't know guys. I like this thing though. Named after Django Reinhardt.

ToxicroakArceus11.jpg

ADMIRAL BIRD (Toxicroak) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

With Admiral bird I wait for something good to set up on, then I send him out and make a Sub and Swords Dance as much as I can, while Rain and Leftovers heal him. Then I use some sort of Punch. Drain Punch is another Fighting type move, so that's cool. It's named in honor of my Friends and I's fake band "Admiral Bird and the Seam Rippers". Um. Ok guys I decay what else to say.

432px-025665_P_HASSAMU.jpg

TODAY'S JOB (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite

I put this in as some type coverage, and I think it balances out well with a team that has such great resistance to Fire. I don't think it's really different from any other Scizor. Bug bite helps out with those pesky Grass types. Brick Break helps out with those pesky Reflects and Light Screens. Bullet Punch FINISHES HIM. It's named in honor of real technicians.

LudicoloSecretWonders13.jpg

WHAT A GUY (Ludicolo) (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SDef / 60 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Surf
- Rain Dance

Ludicolo is a big fatty, and by that I mean he's a wall. He uses Substitute and Leech Seed to heal, hurt, and take less damage (I think). He attacks with Surf and Dances. Damp Rock makes him party longer. I named him WHAT A GUY because he's a great guy. Really, what a guy. I have a lot of respect for this Pokémon.

[Pretend there's a Thunderus here]
TOPSIDER (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A lot of people say this is one of the best sweepers available. I like it alright, it's pretty good. It has some coverage. I use it against flying types. I dunno you guys, help. I hardly even know what this thing does. Hey guys it's also a third dancer now.

RE: Team Tanze [5th gen OU]

Please add a little more description and then this would be fine. If not, it will be locked in a few days. Just a heads up. :)

Floatzel, I dun even know what to do with Floatzel. Get rid of it.
Replace it with Thundurus. He's the best Special sweeper in the game.

Thundurus@Life Orb/Leftovers
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -ATK)
- Nasty Plot
- THunder
- Focus Blast/Grass Knot
- HP Ice

Yeah ok. Great RMT.

Thanks guys.

Okay, no more Floatzel.

Time to go draw a Thunderus.

I'm going with Grass Knot because I already have enough Fighting type moves I think.

The only types of attacking moves on this team are:
Water, Grass, Ice, Fighting, and Dark.
Is that really enough coverage?

Imma test with this Thunderus until I get an idea of what to say about it.

On Kingdra remove Scald and HP Fighting for Surf and Dragon Pulse.

On Ludicolo go with Surf or Hydro Pump over Scald and Giga Drain over Energy Ball.

I am not sure about Toxicroak because he needs lots of turns to set up and your Rain is only on for 5 turns. I would suggest Damp Rock on Ludicolo or maybe on Thundurus because he can always set up Rain Dance faster because of his ability Prankster.

Oh wow, As far as I can understand, all of those were superb suggestions, I'll be sure and take them in to consideration, Thank you.
If I take HP Fighting off of Kingdra, I would probably want to put Focus Blast on Thunderus, but I agree with you on replacing Surf with either Scald or Dragon Pulse.

First of all, it's tanzen, not tanze :p Tanze is the I form, while tanzen is the infinitive.

Second, the big problem I see is electrode, who honestly - sucks. Sure it's fast, but since you don't have permenant rain, you want a RDer who can take a hit so you arent screwed after 5 turns.

How about latias? Great defenses, great speed, and reliable recovery.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid 252 Defense, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Rain Dance
Thunder
Recover
Dragon Pulse/Surf/Whatever You want

This is true, but tanze sounds better. WE'RE GERMAN BUDDIES.

Okay, I was waiting for someone to mention how sucky Gatsby is. I'm glad I have a good alternative now.

Imma go make these revisons.

Then, ICH GEHE ZUM POKÉMON ONLINE.

This is the set I use on my Scizor:
Scizor@Flying Gem
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Technician
EVs:252 Attack,252 Speed,6 whatever
Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Accrobatics
Swords Dance
Bug Bite

Start the battle off by using Swords Dance so that way Scizor can OHKO naerly anything.With the effects of STAB+Technician,Bullet Punch turns into one of the most powerful first-strike moves in the game.Since the elemental Gems activate before you use the selected move,Accrobatics' equasion will look like this:55x1.5(Technician)=82.5x1.5(Flying Gem)=123.75x2(no-item move bonus)=247.5,rounded down to the nearest number.Bug bite is just there for STABxTechnician=135 power.

But with Acrobatics Scizor misses out on much better coverage from Superpower, revenge killing from Pursuit, or healing from Roost. Scizor does much more damage with a Life Orb on every move, than it would do with Acrobatics. and after a Swords Dane Scizor can not OHKO nearly everything. At least to you research before posting that.

Thank you SA for clearing that up, and for reminding me that this thread exists.
I'll go update it right now.

EDIT: rewrote the OP. ok

As for your question about the Kingdra speed thing, I think you can safely assume you'll outspeed... most things under rain. Most Dragons don't run Scarf, but I think even if they did, you would outspeed them. Double speed is a lot.

Red Striker said:
This is the set I use on my Scizor:
Scizor@Flying Gem
Nature:Adamant
EVs:252 Attack,252 Speed,6 whatever
Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Accrobatics
Swords Dance
Bug Bite

Start the battle off by using Swords Dance so that way Scizor can OHKO naerly anything.With the effects of STAB+Technician,Bullet Punch turns into one of the most powerful first-strike moves in the game.Since the elemental Gems activate before you use the selected move,Accrobatics' equasion will look like this:55x1.5(Technician)=82.5x1.5(Flying Gem)=123.75x2(no-item move bonus)=247.5,rounded down to the nearest number.Bug bite is just there for STABxTechnician=135 power.

That set is pretty terribl- iffy, Choice Band is better adding on more attack, and the Gems are basically useless considering Choice Band isn't just one use and boosts Scizor's already high attack, added Technician Boost, and to add on to even that, STAB Bullet Punch and STAB U-Turn, making it a perfect scouter. Then again considering this is a rain team, a SD set is more viable. Basically the above but looks moer liek:

Scizor@Adamant nature with Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break / Superpower
~ Bug Bite / Roost / Quick Attack

If your opponent can't take Scizor out before it SDs atleast once, has a fast Pokemon that can resist BP priority, or otherwise, Scizor will destroy and BURN POGEMANZ WITH FIRE shred the opponent's team apart, but
disreguard this Lordy Jones since you already have Scizor; Mods I'm not trying to troll, just trying to help with a better moveset for Red Striker

Anyways, I'd suggest using Ludicolo as a wall, as it does make a good Rain Dancer too while also being able to keep most threats at bay, and can also cause switches, wear down the opponent if it can't break Ludi's sub, can overall keep the rain going, and wears the foe down quite a bit due to Leech Seed and Surf combo. Toxic or Protect can be used over Rain Dance should you want to A.) protect your Sub for a turn and gain back damage or B.) Increase the gradual damage output with Toxic, allowing Ludicolo to kill things even faster.

SubSeeder:

Ludicolo@Calm Nature with Leftovers / Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Surf
~ Protect / Toxic / Rain Dance

Once again I will suggest Dragon Pulse over HP Fighting on Kingdra. Why? Let's say you are facing Ferrothorn, Kindras biggest problem. HP Fighting 70 base power x 2 = 140. Hydro Pump 120 base power x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Rain / 2 not very effective = 135. So Hydro Pump is only slightly less powerful but for Kingdra it is better to be locked into Hydro Pump rather than HP Fighting.

thanks for the feedback, shadow scyther
call me ;)

Sorry, sleep deprivation made me think that post was relevant and also hilarious.
I agree with you about Dragon Pulse, I'll change it right now.

Back