Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, definitely go Jolly. That extra speed can get you out of some tight situations.

K. One more question. I had a LO jirachi out against a parylzd Azelf. Some how, Azelf went first and K.O'd me. Was it a glitch, or am I unaware of some rule?

It was a Skarmory dude....if your talking about us.IF it was something diffrent Jirachi should go first no matter what.

Skarmorys slow. :p and Azelf is fast.Speed tie I think.For your Jirachi......that was a glitch.

EDIT:Ok i don't reallly know about this but :p.....Ok,as we all know my dream is to become one of the best battlers on the beach,but i'm really not that good.Or as I would like.Since this is the place where the best battlers on the beach are,I would ask(yeah i'm asking) would anybody here like to make a team with me?I don't care how long it takes,i just wanna work with somebody good.The teams I make always FAIL to Suicune,and cause i guess cause i'm 10 years old o_O.But yeah if anyone here like JC(duh),Limitless(duh),D9(I have his AIM and we can contact each over pretty well...oh and duh),or anyone else that knows something good about competitive battling,yes,I would like to make a team.So,PM me AIM me,email,or just post here if you want to_Ok?I doubt nobodys gonna answer but....its worth trying.

Well..I rather work with somebody like Limitless or something....(cause they always have like the best teams)...but sure.I really need to see how this will plan out.Also taht you specialty is Ubers not OU.Even though you beat me 7/10 times.

palkia dialga clash said:
Skarmorys slow. :p and Azelf is fast.Speed tie I think.For your Jirachi...that was a glitch.

EDIT:Ok i don't reallly know about this but :p...Ok,as we all know my dream is to become one of the best battlers on the beach,but i'm really not that good.Or as I would like.Since this is the place where the best battlers on the beach are,I would ask(yeah i'm asking) would anybody here like to make a team with me?I don't care how long it takes,i just wanna work with somebody good.The teams I make always FAIL to Suicune,and cause i guess cause i'm 10 years old o_O.But yeah if anyone here like JC(duh),Limitless(duh),D9(I have his AIM and we can contact each over pretty well...oh and duh),or anyone else that knows something good about competitive battling,yes,I would like to make a team.So,PM me AIM me,email,or just post here if you want to_Ok?I doubt nobodys gonna answer but...its worth trying.
I can try to help you if you like. I really just found out what an EV was after I signed up for the PBT5. (Basically saying I'm still a noob. Once I forgot that thunderwave doesn't affect Swampert...) I can still help you if you'd like, AIM works for me.

PDC, I would be happy to help you. I've been competitive battling for a year now, and I like to think I make decent teams.

Just PM me sometime soon, and I'll give ya my Msn. Then we can try to make a great team based on a style of play you want.

PDC, want to test out my new UU team once it is put together? Want to see how it turns out! Also, follow the link for the new challenge. Thank you!

Yeahhhhhhhh....:

OK,Like,when Team Building Whats a good way to make sure Pokemon work good together?

Have Pokemon that can cover for each others weakness. Having a Pokemon you can reliably switch into is one of the best pieces of advice I can give you. Weather teams will naturally work together, although Hail and Sandstorm are the only ones that you can keep as a constant weather in OU. It also is helpful to have some Pokemon that use physical moves and others use Special moves. If you can throw in a mixed sweeper that is even better to help break the SkarmBliss combo.

tbh not much has been going on, people have school and such which can/is very time consuming, i'd like to discuss with someone about thoughts of P-z and Cressy in UU..

Cresselia is one of the best walls possible in the UU metagame. With Honckrow gone, less Pokemon can take it down well. One solution could be using an Absol with Swords Dance. Combined with Super Luck, Night Slash would have a fairly good chance of a critical hit in addition to already dealing large damage from Absol's very high base Attack stat. A Pokemon using Taunt can also make Cresselia lose some of its usefulness. Houndoom in particular might be one of the better ways to beat it. The Trick flame orb set powers up Houndoom since it has flash fire. Houndoom has Psychic immunity and resists Ice Beam with are the more common damaging attacks on Cresselia. Houndoom also moves before Cresselia allowing Houndoom to Taunt it and then proceed to set up Nasty Plot and sweep.

PorygonZ can be a tough Pokemon to counter. You have a few sets to be weary of. The Choice Scarf set is quite the powerful revenge killing set. It has plenty of Speed and access to two useful abilites: Download and Adaptability. Download will either raise your Attack or Special Attack when it is brought into play depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats. Adaptability will further increase the damage Tri-Attack will do. It also has a magnificent Special Attack stat. Common moves on Scarf PorygonZ can include Tri-Attack, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam. Nonscarf variations might use Thunderwave or Nasty Plot, particularly Nasty Plot because they will likely have a paralyzing Pokemon such as Rotom to get rid of the Pokemon that move faster than it. Bolt Beam is great for coverage along with Tri-Attack for stab. It can be crippled by Rotom who carries Twave or Will-o-wisp commonly. Rotom forces a switch against PorygonZ that are scarfed and use Tri-Attack. Chansey isn't so much a counter as it is a check, but it can defend fairly well against PorygonZ's Special Attacks due to its high HP and Special Defense. It can Toxic stall it by having Softboiled and possibly Calm Mind or a Wish Set. Registeel can be another check because it resists both Tri-Attack and Ice Beam while having very high defenses. It can further boost its defense with Amnesia if it is needed, while Rest can be done to undo their hard work. It could Toxic stall it pretty well as long as they didn't get in a good set up before you bring in Registeel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back