Team onslaught

Hyperion64

Aspiring Trainer
This is a team I built for use on pokemon online. It has performed somewhat well on pokemon online, but really needs to be improved. I am trying it with only gen 5 pokemon, so try keeping suggestions to just them.

Datsutodasu
-spikes
-toxic spikes
-clear smog
-explosion
Focus sash
Breakable armor
EVs: 252 hp 4 def 252 spd
Jolly

This is my lead pokemon and spiker. It's role is to set up some form of spikes a few times, then explode. I have found breakable armor to be quite useful with a sash, as it can usually get a free speed boost. Clear smog is for interference.

Desukan
-will-o-wisp
-evil eye
-haze
-mean look
Leftovers
Mummy
4 hp 252 def 252 sp def
Bold

As you can probably guess, desukan is a waller. I will normally trap the foe with mean look and then drain them with will-o-wisp and evil eye. Mummy pushes it's incredible walling abilities even further and haze is for stopping support moves.

Onokusu
-dragon dance
-double chop
-aerial ace
-dragon tail
Life orb
Tension
4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
Jolly

Onokusu is my sweeper. My strategy is to use dragon dance to boost myself up and then go to town with double chop and aerial ace (because brelooms destroy me). Dragon tail is used if I predict that the foe will use a status move. Tension is there to ensure that berries don't come into effect.

Zoroark
-taunt
-roar
-extrasensory
-dark pulse
Expert belt
128 hp 128 sp atk 252 spd
Illusion
Timid

Zoroark is the auxiliary core of my team. It usually taunts the foe first and follows that up with extrasensory and dark pulse (which is more reliable than night burst). If it can't beat it, it roars it back, allowing entry hazards to get the job done.

Furiijio
-rapid spin
-light screen
-reflect
-confuse ray
(no item yet)
252 def 4 sp def 252 spd
Levitate
Jolly

It really is a pity that furiijio has such bad typing and low defense. It really is quite nice. Rapid spin is useful (obviously) and both screens are valuable for my team. Confuse Ray is for messing up foes. Levitate is what really sells it, as it can dodge spikes and arena trap.

Terrakion
-earthquake
-stone edge
-sacred sword
-roar
Choice scarf
4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
Justice heart
Jolly

Terrakion is my revenge killer. It will usually A) strike them down immediately or B) scramble the foe's strategy with roar. The rest is there for obvious reasons.

Dangers:

Breloom- decimates me with sub-punch tactics.

Nattorei- can resist almost anything I use and can retaliate brutally.

Stealth rock- the only entry hazard that hurts furiijio. It is also used by steel-types most of the time (ouch).

A bit busy to put in too much criticism but, Put Light Clay on Furiijio and why would you have a Choice Scarf on Terrakion if it has Roar? It will just get stuck with Roar and make it a bit useless

The reasons I gave terrakion roar: it lacks another good move (maybe X-scissor could work) and roar allows spikes to go crazy damaging foes. Any other suggestions?

It lacks another good move?! Are you serious? Close Combat is a good move
And if it's going to be Choice Scarf here's a recommended set
Move 1: Close Combat
Move 2: Stone Edge
Move 3: X-Scissor
Move 4: Earthquake / Sacred Sword
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Meh, trust me, that set is very useful. There is more to add to your team but that's all I'll say.

Back