• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Team Magma's Camerupt / Camerupt EX

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3 Camerupt EX
  • 3-3 Team Magma Camerupt
  • 2 Reshiram LT
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 3 Blacksmith
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Scorched Earth
  • 1 Silent Lab
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy:
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 9 Fire Energy
Strategy:
Set up Magma Camerupts, charge with Burning Draft. Charge Camerupt EX with DCE, Blacksmith, and Energy Switch, Battle Compress energy, and one of each supporter that isn't in the Discard yet. Reshiram and Silent Lab are techs for sigilyph and other stuff. No counter to pyroar unfortunately, but the decks are rather rare now.

This deck can back to back Explosive Jet of 200 damage using Blacksmith and 2 Magma Camerupts without requiring energy drops. Making it easier to chain Camerupt EX if things aren't going well.

The Draw Engine is based on the Battle Compressor, VS Seeker engine. Though its supplemented with Jirachi Ex and Scorched Earth. For additional consistency and speed.

So far this deck is undefeated, though i only played it like 4 or 5 times. Not sure if i need to change anything. Any quick thoughts on possible changes?

I had the same idea, but, i want to play in competitive matchs, so, the most decks i would and i will find is Toad, so i give up on Camerupt, maybe he will get his chance in another format :)

Just a quick suggestion. I think you should make the magma camerupt line 4-4. They are really what makes the deck run at all and you would like to see three on the bench at all times. To make room for this I would get rid of just one of the battle compressors and one of the blacksmiths. The compressors because I think three is more than enough especially because you would rather discard them with scorched earth or ultra ball. The blacksmith because you run 4 vs seeker and two is enough to ensure they both aren't prized.

I actually think 4 battle compressors is almost mandatory with this draw engine. 4 Battle Compressor, 4 VS Seeker, 4 Juniper. Granted its only half of it,
The battle compressor gives you access to all of your supporters, given you have a VS seeker. Having 4 also gives a better chance for you to hit turn 1 Explosive Jet. With DCE Battle Compressor, VS Seeker/Black Smith, and Camerupt Ex. With a muscle band you can hit 70 damage for only 1 discard or 120 for 2 fire discards.

I can see dropping 1 Black Smith for a pieces of a 1-1 line of Camerupt. But i can't see what else to drop that wouldn't hurt the consistency. Maybe an ultra ball

Also this deck is pretty competitive. I have only lost once so far. It was due to a really wonky start and the turn before i was going to win my opponent top decked a lysander for the win against hard charm Yveltal Ex.

Seismitoad would probably be impossible for this deck. But anything that runs on battle compressors is most likely going to lose to Seismitoad.

I would consider running a Xerosic, he come out easy with 1 Jirachi EX and can slow toad down and even remove a tool card. Once you are setup you don't rely that much on items cards. You also might want to consider a wally.

I would remove a ultra ball, as battle compressor should get you enough in the discard pile.

I would also +1 black smith and - 1 VS.

I would try to incorporating repeat balls, Evosodas Wallys, and maybe a Fanclub. Get those Camerupts out as fast as possible. Also, 4 Switches. Since a good majority of the Pokemon have large retreat cost of 3+, running 4 Switch, and possibly Escape rope, should be Pretty mandatory. I would also drop the Jirachi. VS Seekers, and Battle Compressor should get you any supporters you need.

Wally is not yet legal, though i might try it later. But wasting a turn on an evolution is rather slow, since i rather be digging through this deck. Getting energy and supporters into the discard. Pulling out more basics and the DCEs.

I think this deck needs the Jirachi and Ultra Ball for the consistency. While 4 of VS Seeker and Battle Compressor mean i can easily get things in the discard and out into my hand. Having both cards turn 1 or a Sycamore are not too great. I rather have Jirachi and give myself a total of 5 more outs to hit that first supporter. If not this deck is just going to flop.

Also the problem with using Jirachi to grab Xerosic means that i would have to draw into Jirachi. Since I can't ultra ball under item lock to grab it.

Why not use Scorched Earth/Acro Bike instead of Battle Compressor? i.e., use the full 4 Scorched Earth? You are worried about the item lock, and Scorched Earth gets around that, puts energy into the discard, and gets you two cards.

Its not as consistent. This gets everything you need into the discard right away and consistently. Its not every turn i have energy to discard with scorched earth. That and its only 1 energy per turn. unlike battle compressor can hit 3 of them if need be. It also removes cards i don't want to draw into, thus further improving the chances of me drawing into something i actually want.

Back