Team Kevin, Please Come Home

Machamp is generally annoying. In this team, Smeargle should not be used as a suicide lead because it needs to get as many entry hazards as it can. So if a Machamp lead crops up (they're pretty rare), the user would be wise to switch in Salamence or perhaps Latias as soon as possible. Smeargle can come in and set up SR and Spikes later.

There is one huge threat to this team that you didn't even address in the threat list: SubPetaya Empoleon. With Surf and Ice beam, it can easily kill every single member of your team. It can set up on Scizor's Bullet Punch very easily, or perhaps even Latias if she has used a Draco Meteor on something else. Your only option is to revenge kill it with Rotom, assuming it's still alive.

scampy said:
Machamp is generally annoying. In this team, Smeargle should not be used as a suicide lead because it needs to get as many entry hazards as it can. So if a Machamp lead crops up (they're pretty rare), the user would be wise to switch in Salamence or perhaps Latias as soon as possible. Smeargle can come in and set up SR and Spikes later.

There is one huge threat to this team that you didn't even address in the threat list: SubPetaya Empoleon. With Surf and Ice beam, it can easily kill every single member of your team. It can set up on Scizor's Bullet Punch very easily, or perhaps even Latias if she has used a Draco Meteor on something else. Your only option is to revenge kill it with Rotom, assuming it's still alive.
Empoleon is nothing. That's the great thing about double priority. Nothing can set up and win.

As for Machamp, nothing on this team bar Smeargle and Rotom-H does below 50%. How is it a problem? Latias' Draco Meteor does like 90%.

I know this is hard to set up and hardly anyone would try it... but i see a SolarPower Sunflora sweeping your team easily if it has a Agility baton passer and the sun is out and Lucario and Scizor are dead and you are left with no more priority moves.

With Sunflora reaching 762 spatk with x4 speed, it could sweep your team. Especially if it is baton passed on to a Sub, so one priority move won't destroy it.

With HP Fire to OHKO Scizor and Lucario, Solarbeam to OHKO Rotom-H and Smeargle and Sludge Bomb to OHKO Salamence and Latias.... Even if a move is not very effective it still does monumental damage and on a few a possible OHKO, i mean 762 special attack is soemthing to be scared off.

It IS going to be hard to set it up and i can only think of one person i know that has been crazy enough to try this. But it works wonders against all teams. The only trouble he has had is when the opponent has too many priority moves. And then he can just let it die and for a 2 for 1.

Sunflora? That has to be the most rarest counter this team can ever have. :p And no, Sunflora isn't causing havoc as you are saying. IMO Scizor BulletPunching and LukeExSpe can easily destroy it, and after the sun is over, it is just another cute garden flower and nothing else. Besides, what you are saying is near impossible to do. A team is basically made to counter COMMON threads, not things that are HARD TO COME UP and something ANYONE HARDLY USES.

PMJfan001 said:
With Sunflora reaching 762 spatk with x4 speed, it could sweep your team. Especially if it is baton passed on to a Sub, so one priority move won't destroy it.
Your putting it into a certain situation which is very unlikely, based on the fact that Sunflora is rarely seen. I myself have never seen a Sunflora used in competitive play. This team is amazing with great prediction. Although a few wrong plays and there could be a problem, but that's the same with all teams. A very well built team.

Yes i know. I said that it would be rare and hard. but it is still possible.
Maybe linking with this... what happens against a weather team? Sunnry day isnt going to help his team and nor is Rain Dance.

Salamence does a clean sweep on weather. The type coverage is able to hold everything off until the weather ends.

Possible, when a random is playng the team. Not me. ;)

I'm assuming that with the whole double priority thing you're parading about that a BP and a ESpeed is going to take out Empoleon? I know it probably should since Empo isn't THAT physically bulky, but it DOES resist BP x4...

LL, that was kind of the whole point of what I was saying. I'm assuming that a ESpeed and a BP combined is enough to take that last 25% out, right?

Empoleon is never at 25%. This team is built around Spikes. You only get to 25% when you don't have any entries. It's always like 13% or 9%. Only one of them is needed to take it out.

Kevin Garrett said:
Rock isn't a problem when your only resistance is Lucario and you have Scizor with a priority move. That would take care of Aerodactyl. Non-STAB Rock moves aren't as scary. The worst thing it could really come from is CB Heracross, but that's outspeed by every Pokemon on this team. The whole idea is that if you have to sacrifice something, it's something you no longer need. Then you bring in a faster heavy hitter and ruin their switch in. Salamence is the best at this.

Limitless knows the team pretty well. He gave it an accurate game plan summary. It's all about getting the layers up, even some. That turns these sweepers into KO machines. When this team was new and no one knew what it was, getting all layers up against any kind of time was pretty simple. Since this has been around for a good 3 months, the metagame has shifted around this and it's not nearly as effective. You really need to play your best if you want to win with it now. Nevertheless, this is still better than a good portion of the teams being used now.

Allow me to explain how this will end. Aerodactyl uses Earthquake agianst Lucario for a possible KO. Tyranitar uses Ice Beam agianst Salamence for a possible KO. Scizor uses SwordsDance then Brick Break agianst Smergale for a possible KO. Aggron uses Metal Burst agianst Latias for a possible KO if survives Surf. Gliscor uses SwordsDance then X-Scissor agianst Rotom for a possible KO. And Finally Rhyperior uses Earthquake agianst Scizor for possible KO. Any way you slice it if you have seen my posted team you don't stand a chance once the tables turn to my favor. And this is not a post of jealousy. In fact if things work out your way you will beat me with minimal loses.

LegendaryRockMaster said:
Allow me to explain how this will end. Aerodactyl uses Earthquake agianst Lucario for a possible KO. Tyranitar uses Ice Beam agianst Salamence for a possible KO. Scizor uses SwordsDance then Brick Break agianst Smergale for a possible KO. Aggron uses Metal Burst agianst Latias for a possible KO if survives Surf. Gliscor uses SwordsDance then X-Scissor agianst Rotom for a possible KO. And Finally Rhyperior uses Earthquake agianst Scizor for possible KO. Any way you slice it if you have seen my posted team you don't stand a chance once the tables turn to my favor. And this is not a post of jealousy. In fact if things work out your way you will beat me with minimal loses.
I laughed very hard.

Is this a joke?

lolz. No. Rock types are covered fine. IF he isnt KOd by surf? You mean when? lol.

Aerodactyl is no problem. It's true that SR wont hurt the rock/ground/steel types that much, but spikes takes care of that... Smeargle can Spore aero and switch to scizor. Aggron.... Overheat, Surf.... Superpower? Most things KO this <_< And if salamence has Hydro Pump that will KO Your entire team. With switches in to scizro since you dont have a single Fire type move to deal with him. Considering your team isn't evd and do not have good movesets... You have a 99.9% chance to lose 5-0 at least.

PMJfan001 said:
lolz. No. Rock types are covered fine. IF he isnt KOd by surf? You mean when? lol. Aerodactyl is no problem. It's true that SR wont hurt the rock/ground/steel types that much, but spikes takes care of that... Smeargle can Spore aero and switch to scizor. Aggron.... Overheat, Surf.... Superpower? Most things KO this <_< And if salamence has Hydro Pump that will KO Your entire team. With switches in to scizro since you don't have a single Fire type move to deal with him. Considering your team isn't evd and do not have good movesets... You have a 99.9% chance to lose 5-0 at least.
Okay I see where this is going. But you forget 1/2 of my team has a high Speed stat, so the odds can easily boost to about 60.9% at the least for me loosing and the highest 79.9%.

Kevin Garrett said:
I take it you think I'm be overly protective of my pride as a Rock, Ground & Steel type trainer. Well you'd think diffrently if you through countless nights like I did examine every detail to perfect a team of your favorite pokemon.

I was laughing at your rate on my team. Nothing about your team. Though I wouldn't mind giving you a competitive rate on your team.

Kevin Garrett said:
I was laughing at your rate on my team. Nothing about your team. Though I wouldn't mind giving you a competitive rate on your team.
I now feel like a jerk after get upset over something so stupid. And I'll take you up on your offer if you don't mind.

Back