Team Aqua's Sharpedo, Team Magma's Camerupt from 'Double Crisis' [1/14]

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
What ways do we have to get energy away from a pokemon? If we had more than one way then I could see Magma being an okay deck.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Mr.Muffin said:
What ways do we have to get energy away from a pokemon? If we had more than one way then I could see Magma being an okay deck.

Considering how this Camerupt's Ability is so similar to the one it had from the original EX era, it's pretty safe to assume that a Claydol with some kind of switching effect will release in this set as well. So excited!

I love these new blanks, and they would be just absolutely perfect for Gym Leader Pokémon down the line. Trainer Mugshot near Pokédex entry, Gym Badge in center, and artwork that includes the rest of the team. It's awesome, and I'm defenitely going to try and complete this set 100%!

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
I don't want to think about using cards that aren't even revealed.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
This really bring back memories. I really like the pokemon's Illustration.. I might consider making a collection

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Claydol with an ability...
You know what that means... improbable hype time!

Also did anyone notice the magma item has a gbooster like attack?

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
Man, GadgetJax called it from a mile away. Good one.

I dunno, it seems like the PCL is going even more out of their way to make these cards even more unplayable than the majority of most sets. Unless something surprising and somewhat powerful comes out of the remaining unreleased cards, I really can't see any of these seeing play in the foreseeable future.

@Elbow, it does seem that way, except this looks like it only does 20 (unless my eye are bugging out on me and the really blurry number is actually 200... We'll see.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Cobalt Phoenix said:

I dunno, it seems like the PCL is going even more out of their way to make these cards even more unplayable than the majority of most sets. Unless something surprising and somewhat powerful comes out of the remaining unreleased cards, I really can't see any of these seeing play in the foreseeable future.

@Elbow, it does seem that way, except this looks like it only does 20 (unless my eye are bugging out on me and the really blurry number is actually 200... We'll see.

What we've seen have just been references to old Magma/Aqua cards. Kyogre, Groudon and Claydol all have their Abilities lifted from older cards of themselves.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Blui said:
Cobalt Phoenix said:

What we've seen have just been references to old Magma/Aqua cards. Kyogre, Groudon and Claydol all have their Abilities lifted from older cards of themselves.

If I remember correctly Team Aqua's Hideout is also exactly the same thing as the old one.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
FLYGON. EX.

*Heavy Breathing*

FLYGON. EX. BOX.

*Heavy Breathing Intesifies*

WHERE CAN I PREORDER.

*Explodes*
-

As for what we have so far to work with in Team Magma, I'd say the combo is defenitely cool. I don't think it is tier 1 or 2 material from what we've seen so far, but I feel it's unique enough to be on that level of 'people trying it just to have fun'. I don't know, just depends on the rest of the Team Magma stuff.

Team Aqua honestly feels a bit lackluster at the moment. Until we get better scans of it, I don't know if it will be competitive enough. Considering that Power Saver requires you to have a total of 3 Team Aqua Pokemon on your Bench, that means you'll only have 2 open bench slots for other Pokemon like Blastoise. Unless some kind of acceleration card is released for Team Aqua, I'd say that the archetype feels a bit underwhelming.

Artwork is still awesome, probably even better than Primal Clash!

Numel's working together to pull a cart? That's somehow disturbing and charming at the same time.

Claydol, being the sauce that he is, fires lasers. Awesome.

What is that Baltoy doing? From the looks of it, I think that an Aqua grunt is behind it, in some kind of predicament.

Muk is literally trying to eat a Magma Grunt. Wow. (from the looks of it, anyway.)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm, Team Magma's Camerupt seems to have some nice synergy with Camerupt-EX's Explosive Jet from Primal Clash...

[R][R][C][C] Explosive Jet: 50x damage. You may discard as many [R] Energy attached to your Pokemon as you like. This attack does 50 damage times the amount of [R] Energy you discarded.

TMC plus Blacksmith means you're constantly discarding at least three energy per turn, and if you have one in hand that's 200+ damage.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I still think Primal Clash has better artwork. So far the only exceptions to that thought might be Aqua's Kyogre EX and Magma's Groudon EX. This is of course just my opinion.

Flygon EX I think will be kind of neat, to have if nothing else since we don't know about it's playability. I like how you said that it would likely be released in a box set in a few months WPM, because I was thinking the same thing I was reading that story. And for anyone keeping track or merely curious this is the first water type Lanturn since Legends Awakened, in the DP era. I predict a water type Chinchou to be revealed later, these will likely find themselves in our Emerald Break set in May.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
It's a shame we won't get a full art Flygon. Was hoping for a full art Flygon in a future set. Actually was hoping for a full art Flygon in Primal Clash.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Yeah well I wanted a Diancie EX FA...and apparently as of Primal Clash there could have been a M. Diancie EX FA too. Yet because of these cards being released as a promo card we won't get them this way.

Same thing with Krookodile EX. I don't know about Garchomp EX or Gallade EX. I mean they both have mega forms that in theory will be released in the tcg and I can only assume they will make new EX versions of them to go with the megas as they did with Kyogre and Groudon in Primal Clash.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
An interesting deck that could be made would be Beartic/ Jellicent/Team aguas Muk/ Team agua's hideout. Beartic with iglo hold does more damage for each energy in the pokemons retreat cost. Jellicent and team aquas muk have abilitys that make opposing pokemon have more energy in the pokemons retreat cost, and the team aquas hideout stadium also adds to the retreat cost of pokemon. With 4 Jellicent/Muk in play and the stadium Beartic could be doing at least 120 dmage. Could be afun deck to put together.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
I just realized team aquas Kyogre EX as a similar attack to that of beartic 80+20 for each energy in pokemons retreat cost.