Discussion TCG Trivia and Facts

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Every been interested in Trivia? Well, here you can see and talk about TCG Trivia and Facts!

• The Gen 6 TCG Expansion Sets are the only ones so far, where the English release doesn't have more or less Sets than the Japanese
  • Pikachu and Jigglypuff's cards were first introduced in "Easily Understand How to Play Pokémon Cards" insert, which was released with Corocoro in October 1997, before their official debuts in Base Set and Jungle
  • For some reason, the TCG card "Ash's Torkoal" has it listed as a Fighting Type, instead of Fire

Rhyno

not very cool dude
•McDonalds has mad many toys for the Pokémon company, and at many times have released cards as toys in addition to their happy meals.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
  • For some reason, the TCG card "Ash's Torkoal" has it listed as a Fighting Type, instead of Fire

In that same vein, Pop 2 Torkoal is also considered a Fighting Type instead of a fire type.
HGSS is the only tcg Generation to consider Lugia a Water type Pokémon.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Baby Pokémon, Sunkern, Sunflora, Chimecho, Cranidos, Rampardos and Castform haven't appeared in the TCG since Gen 4!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Deku

The Starving Artist
Which is why I didn't mention it.

I wonder if Castform's forms will make it. I thought it was a shame they didn't even include all of the Vivillon forms, since since 5th gen they don't seem to care about them.

The Kadabra bit was supposed to be separate trivia for me to add something to the thread instead of responding to your post. Should have made that clearer, sorry.

I wish Castform's other forms would get cards, but it's unlikely. You would have thought that they would have released a Castform card with its different forms in one of the sets made to tye into ORAS.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
You'd also expect Generations to have Bulbasaur and Ivysaur, but for some reason Johto Pokémon took their place.