TCG Stories Thread

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I was playing a M-Ray deck at league with my Manectrics, managed to get him down to 2 prizes when he realised that the only way he could win was if the last card in his deck was Lysandre's Trump Card.

It was.

I raged.

So I'm going to assume you're one of the people celebrating it's ban?

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I hope this doesn't become merged with YLYL as I want it to be different.

Here's some of the funniest things I can remember ever happening to me in pokemon.

It was my first prerelease or event in pokemon ever, and it was for the TCG, perticularly HGSS Triumphant.
I pulled a Celebi prime, and used it (even then I knew how to build a prerelease deck), one perticular battle I remember is going up against Wailord from that set. Here are the card scans to help you figure out where this is going.
celebi prime.png
wailord triumphant.png
Let's just say that I had all 3 energy on Celebi to use Time Circle, and they had at least 2 energy on Wailord....Now imagine what would happen if Celebi had used Time Circle before Wailord could attack.....now imagine this going on for at least ten turns. It went on for at least ten turns and I think I somehow ended up winning as they missed enough coin flips.

Another recently funny thing that happened to one of my friends apparently was that he kept opening up AOR packs...and pulling Mega T-tars 5 of them and only 1 was half art. I think he told me that he didn't even open up a booster box to get them (he doesn't weigh his packs either). After he told me this I replied "boxes be trippin" (note that at the time I really needed a mega t-tar Ex and I now have a FA because he somehow pulled another one I think. BOXES BE TRIPPIN!

King of Dragons

I just hang around for reasons
I remember back at the Plasma Blast prerelease I used my Larion to get 6 straight heads on Kyurem EX to win the game, It was hilarious.
These are the scans
1034120.jpg
BW10_EN_30.png

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
I remember back at the Plasma Blast prerelease I used my Larion to get 6 straight heads on Kyurem EX to win the game, It was hilarious.
These are the scans
1034120.jpg
BW10_EN_30.png
The best part is the fact that Kyurem has weakness to metal, so you really only needed 2 flips :p

infernape1245

Aspiring Deck-Building Master
Back in 2013 I think, I was just playing casual games with friends at a small carenderia (its a place to eat in my language). One was a new to the game and had a pretty good blastoise/black kyurem/keldeo deck. I was using my rogue weavile/dusknoir bcr; which included frozen city. He didnt have tropical beach so I managed to keep my Frozen City in play for pretty much the whole game. I took Five prizes in just one turn.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Old thread, but I just have to post this thing that just happened to me in the online game.

I'm playing Shedinja/Mew EX, my opponent a deck that 'supposedly' has the 'advantage' according to the TCGO. My opponent draws a lone dragon Rayquaza in his starting hand, and I draw 2 Mew EX, an Ultra Ball, Rainbow Energy, 2 Grass Energies and a Professor Sycamore.

I won the coin flip and decide to go first. Draw into DCE, attach to active Mew EX, can't do anything, so I use Ultra Ball, discarding the 2 grass energy and getting Nincada. Opponent's turn, attaches DCE to Rayquaza. Dragon Claw for 30. Draw Frozen City, play it. Attach Rainbow Energy to active Mew. Professor Sycamore into Virizion EX, 2 Repeat Balls, a grass energy, Wally, and some other cards. Can't play Wally this turn, so I'll wait. I use Emerald Slash from Mew, attach 2 grass to Virizion. His turn. He attaches a fire to Rayquaza, then Hard Charm (ehehehe). Uses Pokemon Center Lady, then uses Dragon Claw again. My turn. Evolve Nincada to Shedinja using Wally, Hopeless Scream for 430 damage, game over XD.