Help TCG Questions Regarding Dates and Promotional/Prerelease Kits

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I get most of my TCG info from Bulbapedia when it comes to release dates for sets and promo/other cards, but there are a few things they don't have:

1. Set list for the Best of XY
2. Prerelease Kits for: Fates Collide, Steam Siege and Sun & Moon
3. McDonald's Collection 2016
4. End date for XY Promos (Japanese and English)

1 and 2 should be in the news sections on this site, but you might need to dig a little for the older pre-release kits.

A quick google search for "2016 Mcdonalds Pokémon cards" found this link: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-these-pokemon-toys-coming-to-mcdonalds-h/1100-6431862/ which says the promotion ran from the end of November to December for 2015, I would assume the 2016 ran during a similar time frame. I really only gave it a minute so if you looked a little harder you might find an article specifically for 2016. The Mcdonalds cards are never competitive so many players don't really keep track of them.

There is no official end date (That I know of) for XY promos as they are still making a few new ones.

OK, interesting that XY Promos are running for so long!

I'd like the listings of the McDonald's cards more so than knowing how long it went on for.

Oh if you just want to know what the cards were download the Pokellector App. (I have android, I would assume it's also on iOS if you have that) It'll let you browse all cards by set, including the McDonald sets. They also have scans of pretty much all the cards except for the unreleased sets.

Edit: I had a minute so I figured I would list out the names of the card. There are 12 numbered cards and here they are in order:

Vulpix
Tochic
Fennekin
Magikarp
Totodile
Pikachu
Scraggy
Jigglypuff
Togepi
Dedenee
Meowth
Eevee

Last edited:
OK, but from which sets? I like to know details like that, so I don't just end up looking up a random Vulpix card, as there are quite a lot of them!

Last edited:
The McDonalds kits are their own sets, they have their own art (technically), numbering and set icons. Some of the attacks may be reprints effectively, but they are technically their own thing. If you took them to a tournament you would mark them as a Mcdonalds card. (Not sure what the abbreviation would be, but that might be why they purposely make these non-competitive cards.

Did you try Pokellector yet? I just searched Vulpix in there and the attacks are a reprint of the PLC and the art is very similar, but not a complete match. (The two Vulpix cards are right next to each other on the search results. It's possible that they are all PLC reprints with alternate art, use the app to check.

I haven't checked yet, because I like to know which order to put my cards in ahead of time. Right now I'm on Diamond and Pearl, so I want to know card details now just in case I can't find any by the time I do get to XY.

Back