Help TCG Deck Advice

Darenru

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,
I'm fairly new to the Pokémon TCG game. however, I'm starting to understand all the rules and how to play. And after playing the Online Pokémon TCG, I wanted to build my own deck for an upcoming tournament. I used to be a poker player so the cards that I listed are going to reflect that (lol), such as flipping a coin for extra damage or flipping to see if an item card will work. I'm using Glimwood tangle to be able to flip the coins again if my Jotleon V gets a bad number of heads for its attack. I also like the idea of having a literal "chance" if my cards are weak against other players at the beginning of the game and I have to rely on a gamble to access those game changing trainer cards. Please tell me if my deck would work with my strategy? and, if my deck is a good one? Also, are all these cards legal for use in this upcoming season (they all have the "D" or "E" mark)?
Thanks

Pokemon cards: 11

4 - Jolteon V
3 - Jotleon Vmax
2 - Rapidash V (galarian)
1 - Electrabuzz
1 - Electivire

Energy cards: 14

1 - horror energy
2 - speed lightning energy
5 - lightning energy
3 - psychic energy
2 - twin energy
1 - search energy

Trainer cards: 35

4 - Element badge
4 - Glimwood tangle
4 - Crushing hammer
4 - Pokémon catcher
3 - Energy search
3 - Skyla
3 - Bosses orders
3 - Poke ball
2 - Hop
2 - Cheryl
2 - Marine
1 - Korrina's focus

Guzzlord Fan

Aspiring Trainer
Hi the search energy is the only card that I think is wrong (maybe you meant a capture energy?)

Anyways playing jolteon in this format is great because Lugia is one of the most widely played decks (it is weak to the lightning type) and you would be able to two shot it pretty easily as well as getting rid of one of their benched. So yes I think your deck has a great strategy and with a few tweaks you would be able to make this work for competitive-

Twin energy only works on Pokémon without a rule box (for example the boxes on V and Vmax cards to indicate they are worth more than one prize) so unless you plan on using electirive much I suggest you swap them for double turbo. Double turbo is the same however it works on rule boxes at the cost of making you do 20 less damage. However I’m assuming you are putting them in for the rapidash, and If you are then the 20 less damage wouldn’t affect it as it places damage counters not damage (I know it’s confusing lol) but yeah swapping them for double turbo would be more beneficial I think.

Also, you should consider swapping poke balls for quick/ultra balls as they make your deck more consistent and you can often benefit by getting rid of cards you don’t need.

The last improvement I would make to your list without altering the strategy or anything would be to add different supporter cards in.
Hop skyla and korrinas focus are all decent supporters however there are some better options such as professors research that discards your hand and draws 7, even though you may need the cards in your hand later you might require another energy or something that otherwise would set you back. I recommend you look into some other supporter cards as well as you may discover some that you think would be even better than the ones you have already put in but have similar effects. Also adding 2 more speed energy at the cost of a couple of normal lightning energy would be good as speed energy is great for early game consistency.

I hope you find this useful sorry it’s a bit long but I’m happy to help! If you have any questions then just reply to this and I’ll help you as best I can - bye!