Finished Taskmaster (PokéBeach Edition): Finished! Congratulations Keeper of Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
*applause*​

Thank you, thank you! Hello! I’m @Jabberwock; he’s @Ice Espeon; and this is Taskmaster; and we … are the Taskmasters! But wait … what does that mean?

It means that over the next few months we’ll set a series of taxing tasks to all you excellent people. We’re judging both what you do and how you do it. At the end, one of you will hold a handsome trophy high above your head as the ultimate champion of Taskmaster! :D

Taskmaster is a popular British game show wherein –– traditionally –– five comedians are enlisted to complete a set of tasks, as decreed by the Taskmaster. We’re shaking things up a bit for our PokéBeach variant, though!

Players will be given a task every week, which they must complete in the next five days. The two intervening days will be used by us, the Taskmasters, to judge what you did and how you did it.

Tasks may seem arbitrary or ridiculous at first glance. Notable tasks from the TV series have included “paint a picture of a horse whilst riding a horse”, “film something that will look impressive in reverse”, and “make this large block of ice disappear”. You may be assured that the tasks we set you will be at least as ridiculous –– though much easier to accomplish over an online forum. For those of you who’ve played in The Challenge before on this site, you’ll find the format of the game to be similar.

Unlike in the TV series, we’re opening sign-ups to as many people as want to play! We’re not, however, doing subs. This is not an elimination game, so while it doesn’t require much commitment, make sure you’ll be able to invest half an hour or so on a weekly basis for the next few months. Just give us a post saying that you’re in, along with the name of your favorite Taskmaster, and we’ll put your name right there under “Sign-ups”. :)

Sign-ups:
  1. @Keeper of Night
  2. @Mariano11887
  3. @TOTAL_EPICNESS
  4. @NinjaPenguin
  5. @Blakers
  6. @PikaMasterJesi
  7. @Celever
  8. @GekkisaiDaiNi
  9. @Nyan
  10. @Jadethepokemontrainer
  11. @Nyora
  12. @GM DracLord
  13. @peer
  14. @Anime Psyclone
  15. @mirdo
  16. @Professor_jplap
  17. @VioletValkyrie

Task 1: Task - Results
Task 2: Task - Results
Task 3: Task - Results
Task 4: Task - Results
Task 5: Task - Results
Task 6: Task - Results
Task 7: Task - Results
Task 8: Task - Results
Task 9: Task - Results
Task 10: Task - Results

Standings:
DYoywc8.png

Sign-ups close this Friday, August 10, at 8 PM EST.

Last edited:

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
This looks funny! I'm a bit afraid of the time I'd need to invest, but I think half an hour a week is something I can do. I'll try it, in.

I don't have a favourite taskmaster because I didn't even know that word until 5 minutes ago.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Oooh the punmasters taking a new turn as the taskmasters? Count me in!
IE is always the best anything, and everything he does is great, so he's for sure the best taskmaker.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
Ooh, so this is that sekrit project! I’m definitely in, it’s been awhile since I’ve played a forum game.

I’m going to shamelessly take the low road and say that my favorite taskmaster definitely isn’t gonna be one of you two, so I don’t know who my favorite is. :p

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Sounds fun, and since it doesn't seem to take too much commitment, I think I could make time for this easy. Count me in!
Might have to prod me a bit for deadlines though, whoops.

Edit: Did not see the taskmaster thing, I don't actually watch this show but I'm gonna say Jabber.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I mean, as someone who's seen every episode of the show on both the UK and US versions, this is pretty cool. The fact all the examples you chose in the OP are from the first UK series tho, Jabs, implies you're a fake fan, so I'm disappointed :L

My favourite actual Taskmaster is Greg because Reggie sucks. If I were a producer on the American version tho I'd've made them make Chelsea Peretti be the taskmaster because she would kill that role and be even better than Greg, so my favourite Taskmaster is um, Peretti :D

Draskk

Blast From The Past
In

My favorite taskmaster is the taskmaster that's my favorite. (I've never seen the show)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I mean, as someone who's seen every episode of the show on both the UK and US versions, this is pretty cool. The fact all the examples you chose in the OP are from the first UK series tho, Jabs, implies you're a fake fan, so I'm disappointed :L
Oi. Those are from the first US series. The UK series aren't available this side of the Atlantic. :U
My favourite actual Taskmaster is Greg because Reggie sucks.
Seems legit. ^.^

Celever

Wheeeee~
Oi. Those are from the first US series. The UK series aren't available this side of the Atlantic. :U
Yeah they re-used a lot of the challenges from the first UK series in the US, but that series came 3 years earlier soooo :L

Nyan

She/They
I'm getting in on this lOl

Sign me up, this better be good

EDIT: Favorite taskmaster is... well i've never seen the show so idk aaa

Last edited:

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I'm in.

My favorite taskmaster would have to be that one...you know...that one.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Like half y'all joining this weirdness instead of the best mafia game smh

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I'm in and my favorite taskmaster will be the game winner because I don't watch any tv let alone British shows

Status
Not open for further replies.