Finished Taskmaster (PokéBeach Edition): Finished! Congratulations Keeper of Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 9: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster! The penultimate task has finished, our guest judge has had his say, and the results are in!

(For reference whilst reading Vracken's commentary, I'm including the bonus bit here rather than below.)

We randomized the order of the puns and sent them nameless to Vracken. He not only ranked them, but also tried to guess which pun was submitted by which entrant. There was a bonus point to be had if he correctly guessed that you submitted your pun.

Here are the scores, along with Vracken's commentary:

3 points:

Famous Playboy Hugh Hefner managed to stop an order of monks from operating a small business on his property. Police forced the friars to close their stands outside the Playboy Mansion, where they had been selling assortments of arranged flowers.
Said one monk, If it were anybody else, we might have gotten away with it. But unfortunately, only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

Vracken Note:
I legit don't understand this one at all
by true process of elimination, this on is jplap, which is fitting, cause I know him the least of all the submitter's haha
The pun in this sentence is Unown.

... as in Unown the pocket monster

Vracken Note:
This is imo the weakest pun, which makes me feel bad saying that by process of elimination I think this is Nyan. Nyan, please forgive me if it isn't q.q

4 points:
My girlfriend told me she was leaving me because I keep pretending to be a Transformer. I said, No, wait! I can change.

Vracken Note:
I think this one is by AP

5 points:

What Identifies a good pun?

You have to know your audience. See how to pander to it. How to keep them hot for your joke. But you also can't just retell old ones. You need to spice them up every now and then. Problem is that some people, e.g. Vracken, get really stirred up by puns. But if you stew it right and slice and cut it correctly even the grainiest people lose the bitter taste in their mouth from them.
You really have to look at your apporach. Do you keep it short small and crispy or do knead it and spread it to make it last longer with a lot of hidden ingredients carefully worked into it. You usually don't need a recipe for it. If you know what you are doing it really is a piece of cake.
What's important is that you come up with a good closer. That really puts the strawberry on top of the pun cake.
You don't want to keep your audience desserted.

And hope this little text hit your appetite.

Vracken Note:
I want to say this one is Keeper
Clever, but too much for me, I almost didn't finish
Have you heard of what Italy looks like, supposedly? We should give it the boot, but that might be too saucy of a way to get rid of it. Those people who say these stuff aren't even cheesy. Venice, though, has a nice Marinara and Classico architecture. We should all grain when we hear those people who try to make those jokes.

Vracken Note:
I think this one is Mariano, though it could easily be the food one. Kinda a toss up for which one of those is his, and which one is Keepers

6 points:
ogaDsN8.jpg

Vracken Note:
I think this one is by GM Drac. This is also the most Dad Joke of them, which hurts for me to say, isn't the one I hate the most >.>

7 points:
TM Note: This was the only submission for which Vracken correctly guessed the identity of the entrant, which means that NP also gets a bonus point for this Task!

Did you hear about that Gengar bakery?
I've heard they're really Vracken in the dough over there.

Vracken Note:
Ninja Penguin
Also pretty garbage

8 points:
I'm close friends with 25 letter of the alphabets, I don't know y

Vracken Note:
This is my personal favourite of them. My guess is that this was by Mirdo

We were expecting first place to be given to the pun Vracken hated the most, since as we all know, Vracken hates puns. What we weren't expecting was for Vracken to actually like a pun! A well-deserved first place for GM DracLord.

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 9 look like this:

qUl5Vvr.png

Which means that the overall standings look like this:

6wkDiNf.png

...Which means that @NinjaPenguin has overtaken @Keeper of Night for the leading spot! It's still anyone's game, though, as you'll soon see with the next Task. Remember ... good night!

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Wow. didn't expect to won first place at all. Thank you for to the judge

Maybe if I had find the time to complete the 2nd task and didn't totally forgot the deadline for task 8, I would be top 5..

But regardless, I felt a some level of accomplishment

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
It was really cute haha. Originally I wasn't going to give points for my favourite pun, but I just liked it too much ^w^

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Vracken Note:
I want to say this one is Keeper
Clever, but too much for me, I almost didn't finish

Awww, if I was playing this game still I would've submitted natethesnake.com, which is an entire short story that all culminates into a pun at the very end. I was certain it'd be the best but it might've been too long.

(As a spectator this is one of my favourite tasks.)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
onSKHhH.png

Task 10:
Make a post on the PokéBeach forums that garners the greatest number of "likes".
Most likes at the time of judging wins.

NOTE: Remember to abide by all forum rules when making your post. It should add to discussion in whichever thread or forum you post in. Any post not following the rules will be deleted and the poster disqualified from this Task.

You must make your post in the time interval between now and the deadline. Older posts will not count for this Task. When you have made your post, PM a link to the Taskmasters. (You may change your submission at any time before the deadline.)

You have just over 5 days (until 8 PM EST on Thursday, October 25) to make your post. Here's a timer.
The number of likes on each post will be assessed at 8 PM EST on Saturday, October 27. Each contestant will receive 3 points for submitting, plus 1 point for every 2 likes on their submission, rounded down.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:
@Keeper of Night @Mariano11887 @TOTAL_EPICNESS @NinjaPenguin

@Blakers
@Celever @GekkisaiDaiNi @Nyan @Nyora
@GM DracLord @Anime Psyclone @mirdo @Professor_jplap

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Awww, if I was playing this game still I would've submitted natethesnake.com, which is an entire short story that all culminates into a pun at the very end. I was certain it'd be the best but it might've been too long.

(As a spectator this is one of my favourite tasks.)
wow thanks for making me read that

its pretty amazing

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I meant to give y'all a 24 hour warning, but totally forgot, so here it is now:

There's been a time extension; y'all have 24 hours to make your post. This means that the time of judging will also be moved back one day.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Whelp, all that NP needs to do is make a post compulsory to like in the mafia thread. o_O

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Whelp, all that NP needs to do is make a post compulsory to like in the mafia thread. o_O
Don't worry BB I already tried and it got rejected haha. <3
But just because nobody likes me doesn't mean that nobody likes my posts so maybe I still have a chance.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Yeah, he tried that. We felt it wasn't in the spirit of the game. :p

And with that, the final Task has concluded! Stay tuned for results!

Status
Not open for further replies.