Finished Taskmaster (PokéBeach Edition): Finished! Congratulations Keeper of Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Aaand that's the deadline. Jabberwock and I will now go off to our Taskmaster Mansion and there decide the scores to be awarded. Stay tuned!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 1: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster! The results of Task 1 are in, and we’re very pleased (isn’t that right, Alex?) to share them with you!

1. @mirdo

I'll get into the thought process first.

I thought you need to get people's attention with it.
And this Place is mostly inhabited by young people.
So I thought how do you make the Taskmaster more interessting for the hip people now a days?

First step was to make the name more catchy and short. It is now call Tasmas
Way better. Also ties in with one of our sponsors (we have sponsors now)
For the background i chose some random pastel colors. Everybody loves Pastel.
Then i added Sponsors of popular stuff kids like. Name recognition and cross overs are very efficitive in getting people to watch the show.
Then i added some seagulls because kids love birds and animals. Adding animals to TV Shows allways works and i edited your guys names to make them a bit more hip and appealing and a bit more rapper like.
So I also provided this as a service to you if you plan on making a rapper career soon.

With no furtherado here is the fruit of my labour:
udWnD5y.jpg

TM Notes: We feel this banner truly encapsulates what it is we're trying to achieve with this game. Nice inclusion of gulls, and we appreciate the help getting our rap careers started. ^.^
2. @Keeper of Night
MQf2zbg.png

TM Notes: Love the Cradily.
3. @NinjaPenguin
fuhuAO0.png

Notes: The first and probably most important thing is that I decided to base this banner satirically off of one of those hernia mesh TV advertisements because of course why wouldn't somebody do that. The name Taskmaster has now turned into the lawyers in this banner, with Task (Tauros+Ninjask) on the left and Master (Mawile+Cloyster) on the right. The rest of the banner fits with the theme, giving you a number to call and some fine print because what scam product doesn't have fine print to cover its back?

TM Notes: Scam? What scam? This ain't no scam! The fusions were slightly lost on us, but we do quite like the rest of the banner.
4. @Blakers / @Celever
8kyyTdv.jpg

TM Notes: We like the thrones!
XsWJlNd.jpg

TM Notes: True art.
5. @GekkisaiDaiNi / @Nyan
SDk518L.png

TM Notes: Some really spot-on calligraphy there.
SWCTcui.png

TM Notes: We read the fine print.
+ bonus point for @PikaMasterJesi on account of her banner’s file name (we can’t tell you what it is, due to the forum’s PG-13 policy, but we assure you it did make us laugh out loud)
1uUvsXg.png

In addition to our Top 5 (7?) + bonus point, everybody who submitted will earn 3 points as a reward for submitting. :)

@Anime Psyclone
iXTRCX5.png
@Mariano11887
VkNiyAU.png
@Jadethepokemontrainer
bZJEUnI.jpg
@GM DracLord
DVBRdd1.png
@TOTAL_EPICNESS
9srBaRM.png

Therefore, the standings are as follows:

@mirdo: 8 points
@Keeper of Night: 7 points
@NinjaPenguin: 6 points
@Blakers: 5 points
@Celever: 5 points
@GekkisaiDaiNi: 4 points
@Nyan: 4 points
@PikaMasterJesi: 4 points
@Anime Psyclone: 3 points
@Mariano11887: 3 points
@Jadethepokemontrainer: 3 points
@GM DracLord: 3 points
@TOTAL_EPICNESS: 3 points
@Nyora: 0 points
@peer: 0 points
@Professor_jplap: 0 points

The next task will be up in less than 30 hours, so remember ... good night!

Ice Espeon

Here is the first official Taskmaster Table™, displaying the current scores.

WTR442S.png

Ice Espeon

QsrjscT.png

Task 2:
Build a team that satisfies the rules for the Little Cup format on Pokémon Showdown (though your Pokémon may be at any level you choose). Then, last as many turns as you can in a battle against the Taskmaster @Ice Espeon (me). The person who survives the most turns wins.

When you have finished your team, contact me via Discord (you can find me in the PokéBeach Discord server as "Ice Espeon") or via forum PM to schedule a time for your battle.

If you do not arrange a time to battle with me quickly there is no guarantee that we will be able to complete our battle before the deadline. I may not be able to complete a battle at the last minute if you don't arrange it beforehand!

After the battle, remember to save the replay!

You have 6 days (until 8 PM EST on Wednesday, Aug. 22) to finish your team and play your battle. Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:
@Keeper of Night @Mariano11887 @TOTAL_EPICNESS @NinjaPenguin @Blakers
@PikaMasterJesi @Celever @GekkisaiDaiNi @Nyan @Jadethepokemontrainer
@Nyora @GM DracLord @peer @Anime Psyclone @mirdo @Professor_jplap

peer

Technical Machine
Forum Head
QsrjscT.png

Task 2:
Build a team that satisfies the rules for the Little Cup format on Pokémon Showdown (though your Pokémon may be at any level you choose). Then, last as many turns as you can in a battle against the Taskmaster @Ice Espeon (me). The person who survives the most turns wins.

When you have finished your team, contact me via Discord (you can find me in the PokéBeach Discord server as "Ice Espeon") or via forum PM to schedule a time for your battle.

If you do not arrange a time to battle with me quickly there is no guarantee that we will be able to complete our battle before the deadline. I may not be able to complete a battle at the last minute if you don't arrange it beforehand!

After the battle, remember to save the replay!

You have 6 days (until 8 PM EST on Wednesday, Aug. 22) to finish your team and play your battle. Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:

To confirm, Gen 7 LC?

Ice Espeon

To clarify, if you defeat me, that means you will get the highest score possible, i.e. defeating me in 10 turns is better than losing in 20. That's if you can beat me of course.

peer

Technical Machine
Forum Head
To clarify, if you defeat me, that means you will get the highest score possible, i.e. defeating me in 10 turns is better than losing in 20. That's if you can beat me of course.
you are a terrible terrible person. carrot -> horse

Ice Espeon

Task 2: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster! The results of the second task are now in, but first I'll need to explain the points system for this one. If you scored above 12 turns against my evil ubers (the theoretical minimum if you used protect each turn), then as well as the 3 points you gain for participation, you gain 1 additional point for every ten turns you lasted, rounded to the nearest ten (e.g. 33 turns would score 3+3=6 points). Then, the player with the most points gets a victory bonus point.

Thus, here are the base scores (click the number of turns to go to the replay):

3 points:

9 turns - @Mariano11887
9 turns - @Jadethepokemontrainer
12 turns - @peer
12 turns - @mirdo

4 points:

13 turns - @Anime Psyclone
14 turns - @Nyan

5 points:

18 turns - @GekkisaiDaiNi
21 turns - @NinjaPenguin

6 points:
25 turns - @Blakers
27 turns - @Keeper of Night

7 points:
43 turns - @Celever

8 points:

44 turns - @Nyora

TM Notes for @Blakers: Lovely strategy combining accuracy reducing moves and trapping, shame Kyogre was the one to get trapped!

TM Notes for @Keeper of Night: TM Notes: Brilliant Bidoof!

TM Notes for Celever and Nyora: Profound, proficient, praiseworthy and professional use of Prankster prolonged a protracted, prestigious, preeminent performance, each aided by a prancing, princely, prevailing, perfect prodigy of a Purrloin!

Yes, incredibly, after all that, there was only one turn in it! Here's the breakdown of what Pokémon were used in the task:

ohIUy67.png

And here are the Pokémon and nicknames everyone had:
2THfIhM.png
UIZ1CaE.png
Now for bonus points.

1 bonus point is awarded to the players with our 3 favourite nicknames. These were:

@peer and his Anorith, "the eyes have it".
347.gif

@Keeper of Night and his Lickitung, "W. Willy".
108.gif

@mirdo and his Wingull, "Superior Pidgey".
278.gif

1 bonus point is awarded to the players with my personal favourite use of strategy. This was:

@Celever and @Nyora's Purrloin, which used moves on 19 and 18 turns respectively, using a fantastic set utilising Prankster, with moves such as Protect, Substitute and Yawn.
509.gif

Now for the scores.

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 2 look like this:

VfhwyMC.png

Which means that the overall standings look like this:
OuQzbU7.png

Thank you all for participating! The next task will be up later!

Last edited:

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I forgot to name my Pokemon... I usually give them amazing names like 'Swiss miss' for a cleanable with minimize

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Taskmaster-envelope-3.png

Task 3:
Use the word "potato" as inconspicuously as possible in a PokéBeach forum post that you make between now and the deadline for this task.

PM the Taskmasters a link to your post when you have made it.

You have 5 days (until 8 PM EST on Wednesday, Aug. 29) to make your post. Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:

Ice Espeon

Other variations on the word 'potato' are acceptable, such as 'potatoes'.

You may change your submitted post as many times as you like before the deadline, and your most recent submission will be the one that counts.

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Oh, this is a pretty interesting challenge; guess I'll have to find time for the forums while I'm travelling here.

spuds are cool.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Bonus points for using the words "Solanum tuberosum" as inconspicuously as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.