Finished Taskmaster (PokéBeach Edition): Finished! Congratulations Keeper of Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Due to similar circumstances to the last task's submission, we're extending the deadline by one day.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 5: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster, and the results of the fifth task! Many of you submitted! Many of you did not. Most of the submissions we received showed excellent lateral thinking to create the least accurate Pokémon TCG card -- whatever that meant to you as the competitor. However! It's what that means to us that matters now. :U

Here are the scores:

5 points:
TM Notes: Barring those who didn't submit, this is the lowest point value for this round. This is in large part because we simply didn't feel like these cards deserved any less than 5 points. They're both excellent answers to the Task, and the score reflects that.
fP0uysB.jpg

Behold my genius:

Ok. So you said inaccurate.
I could've been easy and make a Yu-Gi-Oh card. But that wouldn't've been the task. We were supposed to make a Pokemon card. So I thought how to make it innaccurate.
So i thought to myself:
Hey mirdo, what is the other cards that are super popular in the US and have been around even longer than Pokemon cards?
(Yes I speak to myself in the third person.) And then i got it. Baseball cards.
And what can you meassure in Base Ball? (somewhat)
Accuracy.
More specific the Batting rate. Which is calculated by... math.
I actually dont understand it but apperently having a low one is bad. And Bill Bergen's is apperently the worst in all of Baseball League History.
He was supposedly a good catcher but once he stepped to the plate it wasn't... great.
The HP is also a refrence to his batting rate. which was .170

The Attacks are kinda self explenatory.
EW8fgxO.jpg

So, for this competition, I felt like bringing back a classic TCG mechanic: Pokemon Star, but put a twist and some custom blanks and symbols on it! This new style of fullart was created to give a real feeling of spaceiousness to the card, augmented with some galaxy holofoil on top of it.
So first up, Jack is like totally so basic so of course that's the stage he is. But he's totally a good kind of basic, like a real star. Heart type because he loves all of his fans. But it's so awful when he's around any of his competition, so he really has to outshine them with superior acting to push himself to the front and brilliant vocal work to prove his stardom over those competitors, and would never retreat when given such a big part like the Active lead. He's resistant to all those big personalities in show biz, but if there's another star like him, there can be so conflict, so for the sake of chemistry on set, he can't be around any of them.

Thanks to VectorStock for the artwork, Pexels for the background, and Asche for his galaxy holosheet!
I hope you appreciate all the detail and thought I put in when designing this! :D

6 points:
TM Notes: Props to both of you for these. It's clear you're both thinking outside the box –– though, @Mariano11887, IE wishes to register that there is a case to be made for your card being the most accurate card, on account of the presence of a number with 12 significant figures. :U

Modified_Togepi.png

The card is triangle shaped
ZAw1DuH.jpg

7 points:
TM Notes: We were wondering who was gonna submit a Yu-Gi-Oh card of a Pokémon.

z17qAYI.png

8 points:
TM Notes: We think this card speaks for itself.

you_wont_believe_what_i_just_found_in_fortnite.png

Forgive me.

Both @Professor_jplap and @Blakers also submitted, but their entries are invalidated because they were both submissions of existing cards rather than being the products of the entrants' creativity.

There were no bonus points to be had this round.

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 5 look like this:

P7ZUJ9b.png

Which means that the overall standings look like this:

aRx9ZMJ.png

...And @Keeper of Night takes the lead once again, despite not yet having won a Task! How will the next Task unfold for him and for the competition? The next Task will be up later, and remember ... good night!

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Ummm on my computer it just shows the cards as IMG in straight brackets so can you please use upload a file instead of linking to imgur please? it would be greatly appreciated

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Taskmaster-envelope.png

Task 6:
Find the best YouTube video.
Best video wins.

When you have found the best video, PM a link to the Taskmasters.
It must be PG-13 or below, and under 4:44 in length.

(Because I'm in the US and IE is in the UK, we should have viewing permissions more or less covered. However, we reserve the right to reject any submission on the grounds that it is unavailable in both of our countries.)

You have just under 5 days (until 8 PM EST on Saturday, September 22). Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:
@Keeper of Night @Mariano11887 @TOTAL_EPICNESS @NinjaPenguin

@Blakers
@Celever @GekkisaiDaiNi @Nyan@Nyora
@GM DracLord @Anime Psyclone @mirdo @Professor_jplap

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Okay update time –– I had a school thing that kept me away over the weekend, which is why I wasn't able to announce the deadline (which also means, for y'all who submitted late, that we'll accept your entries). Results are coming soon –– as soon as IE and I can watch through all the videos submitted. :x

Now, I'm aware that this skews the schedule slightly –– previously, we'd been closing Tasks on a Saturday and posting new ones on a Monday. If the old schedule worked for you and you don't want it to change, PM IE and me (or post in-thread; w/e). Otherwise, we'll just be posting results and the new Task as soon as possible.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 6: Results
NOTE: Some of the submissions listed in this post appear as embedded videos, while others are only the link to the video. This is due to the forums' limit of five embedded pieces of media per post.

We return this week with the results of the sixth Task! Your submissions reflect a wide range of taste in YouTube videos ... but it's us you're looking to please, here. After five weeks, let's see just how well you know our senses of humor.

Here are the scores, with comments by the entrant if applicable:

3 points:
TM Notes: We're certain these are all very good videos for various reasons, but unfortunately none of them particularly appealed to us.

"classic"

4 points:
TM Notes: We didn't find this particularly good either, but props for finding what is undeniably "the BEST VIDEO ON YOUTUBE".

"Dear TMs, I found the BEST VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ever. Please tell me if that counts."

5 points:
TM Notes: These are both solid. Not the best on YouTube, but solid nonetheless.

6 points:
TM Notes: British comedy is always a winner in both of our books. The only thing keeping this from being higher is that, according to IE, these aren't the best Aldi ads of the lot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdGv63C7OKk

"Since there haven't been any warning pings or deadline announcements, I don't know what the status of this one is but the last couple ones got extended to Sunday so I'll assume this one has too and give you a collection of great works of British acting:
Disguised as simple advertisements, these short films provide a window into social dynamics and life in the modern world.
It begins with a contemplation of youth, questioning the use of age in a society where ages are increasingly "the new [lower number]" and individuals are protected, coddled, and attempted to be kept as young as possible.
The next film is an allegory for consumerism, showing us devolving into simple monkeys, letting only the impulsive, appetitive side of ourselves be present. Yet this film warns us too of the dangers this presents, with the threat of the crocodile lurking behind to show that if consumerism continues, we may very well be consumed ourselves by it.
It is followed by a brilliant portrayal of old age and dynamics among married couples, contemplating the effects of alcohol and how that relates to gender roles in the modern world.
Following that is look into the world of how we perceive beauty, questioning the objectification present in modeling, by examining the fact that the model's discomfort, both physical and psychological, relating to his underwear is seen as necessary for his career.
After this comes a glance into the relationship between man and beast, giving a firsthand look at the process of artificial selection and humanity trying to change the basic nature of animals in this era of genetic modification.
Finally, there is an inquisitive look into our views of weight in the modern day, providing a glimpse of the societal pressure to lose weight through healthy, low-fat methods and the struggles that the main character has trying to conform to this pressure, with their outfit still being viewed as "a little bit tight" by the judgemental eyes of the world.
As you can see, this brilliant portrayal of society and major social issues is a great work of art, all in under two minutes."

7 points:
TM Notes: Nice and wholesome. What's not to love about refrigerators?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiC8pig6PGE

"I guess you didn't really have time to remind us of the timeline. So i hope it's ok that im late.

I thought about how you could determine the "Best" video.
You obviously want hit all the target groups. That means you want to hit the meme lords. The adults, the children, the serious people and everyone in between
You want it to be short because the people nowadays have a very short attention span.
You want it to have a figure people can relate to and that is possible to be a target for memes.

And then. I found it.

This video has everything
-It has an awkward guy walking from the backgroud to the foreground
-A goofy line.
-Applicances for Appliance fans.
-A man that is very happy with embracing the meme
-Florida
-It's an ad. So parents will love it. Parents love ad's
-Refrigerators. So you know the video will stay cool :cool:
-Sponserships from some companys to bring name recognition.

I'm fairly certain that this Video can not be beaten"

8 points:
TM Notes: Nice and wholesome, and has an 8-bit version of Take On Me? Sold.

There was a bonus point to be had for any video that was itself a clip from Taskmaster, but unfortunately nobody's final submission was. :/

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 6 look like this:

laeWhDI.png

UceoxFw.png

...Which means that @Keeper of Night has retained his first-place standing, and gained a first-place individual Task win as well! Will anyone unseat him in the next Task? Let's find out!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Taskmaster-envelope-7.png

Task 7:
The Taskmasters are thinking of a material object.
Find out what it is in the fewest possible yes/no questions.
Fewest questions to find the correct answer wins.

Your questions must be asked in private, not in public, to prevent your competitors from learning the answers to your questions. However, for this Task, you may ask your questions via forum PM or via Discord.

We advise beginning to ask your questions as soon as possible.

You have just under 5 days (until 8 PM EST on Saturday, September 29). Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:

@Blakers
@Celever @GekkisaiDaiNi @Nyan @Nyora

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Necessary clarification:

You have as many guesses as you like as to what the object is, but each guess has to be phrased in the form of a question, and as such will count toward your total.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
That's a (slightly belated) wrap on Task 7 –– and only one person managed to guess the object correctly! Results will be up tomorrow.

EDIT: Nvm, there were two people after all. :x

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 7: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster, and the results of the seventh Task! Many of you asked us questions, but only two of you succeeded in guessing what the object was! However, as there were varying degrees of success among the rest of the entrants, we have ranked judging for all participants as per usual.

First things first, though. The object was ...
...a rubber duck!

Here are the scores, along with the sequence of questions each participant asked:

3 points:
TM Notes: Each of these participants displayed some effort in the beginning, but flagged quickly, and without gaining much information about the object.

1. is it related to pokemon?
No
2. Is it anime related?
No
3. Is it related to a game?
No
4. Is it something from a cartoon show?
No
5. Is it from everyday life? (Like a chair or a pan)
No
6. Is it a concept of an object or an object not of this world?
No
7. Is it manmade?
Yes
1. Is it man-made?
Yes
2. Was it made for entertainment?
Yes
3. Does it require a screen?
No
4. Does it require 2 or more people?
No
5. Is it a game you play by yourself?
No
6. Is it oral? (Is it something you would say)
No
7. Is it an activity?
No
8. What is it?
Not a yes/no question.
9. Does it make human life easier?
No

4 points:
TM Notes: mirdo learned marginally more about the object than did AP and jplap, but not quite enough to get him a higher spot.

1. If i was searching for this Object, would i likely find it in a private home?
Yes
2. Would i use this Item to enhance/produce/clean something?
No
3. Does this Item Require Electricity to do it's purpose?
No
4. Do I use this Item to sit or lay on in usual usage?
No
5. Is this item usually stored in a shelf or cupboard/similar?
No
6. Is it a Table?
No
7. Is this Item considered Furniture?
No
8. Is this Item connected to water or liquids?
Yes
9. Is it a toilet?
No
10. Is this Item in Connection with Food/drinks?
No
11. Is this Item considered Decoration?
No
12. Is this Item going down in ammount with usage?
what do you mean by that?
Like fossil fuels?

Clarifies: If i Buy a roll of Cookies and i use it it goes down with usage.
Same with Tooth Paste or what ever.
But e.g. if i use a Television it stays the same amount when i use it

No
13. Is it a Thermometer?
No
14. Is this Item used to Store Things?
No
15. You said it does Not Need electricity to function. But are they Nowadays versions of this Item that use Electricity
Yes
16. Is it a Clock
No

5 points:
TM Notes: Drac and Keeper both learned quite a bit –– and given more time, likely would've been able to suss out the object. Unfortunately, deadlines wait for no one.

1. Is the item derived from plants or animal?
Yes (TM Note: We interpreted derived from to mean inspired by rather than constructed using parts from. We believe Drac interpreted it the other way.)
2. Is the item derived from aquatic plants or legged animals?
Yes
3. Is the item derived from cold blooded animal or animal with wings?
Yes
4. Is the item used used for human consumption (eaten) or derived from animal with backbones?
Yes
5. Its it safe to be eaten without process?
No
6. Is it cooked using heat?
No
7. Is it used as decoration or derived from animal with 4 legs?
No
8. Is it eaten by majority of western people?
No
9. Is it still alive?
No
10. Is it used as stationary or jewellary?
No
11. Is it widely sold in grocery store as it is?
No
12. Is it a the name 1 word?
No
13. Is it popular in the east?
Don’t know
14. Is it in in solid form?
Yes
15. Is it it in red or yellow or brown tonne colour?
Yes
16. Can it be squeeze easily?
Yes
17. Does it has basic geometric shapes?
No
1. is it a singular, non-living object?
Yes
2. Would it be considered edible?
No
3. Would it be considered a household object?
Yes
4. Is it something you might normally find in a kitchen?
No
5. Is it something you might normally find in a bedroom?
No
6. Is it something you might normally find in a bathroom?
Yes
7. Is it an item used for health care?
No
8. Is it an item used for a single specific purpose?
No
9. Would a bathroom normally contain more than one of this item?
No
10. Would the item fit inside a microwave?
Yes
11. Is it used on or for a part of your body?
No
12. Is it normally attached to something else?
No
13. Is it made mostly of plastic?
Sometimes
14. Is it something you use?
what do you mean by that?
Clarifies: Well like if its something you don't use then it just sits there. Like a towel rack.
vs something you use like a towel

Yes
15. Is it something used for cleaning other objects?
No
16. Does it share a name with another object? (Like toliet and toliet brush)
Yes
17. Does it have a two-word name?
Yes
18. Is it electric-powered?
No
19. Does it normally come in a variety of colors?
No

6 points:
TM Notes: Mariano got very very very close –– but not quite close enough to name the rubber duck.

1. Is it an object that is commonly found in a normal house?
N/A (TM Note: We should have answered “yes” to this, in accordance with how we answered similar question from other entrants. Sorry, Mariano. Dx)
2. Is it an object that has some kind of mechanical movement?
No
3. Is it something made of metal?
No
4. Is it made with the purpose of having fun?
Yes
5. Is it something that fits in one hand?
Yes
6. Is it related with Pokemon TCG?
No
7. Is it used to play any sport?
No
8. Is it made of plastic?
Sometimes
9. Does it use electricity?
No
10. Can you let it fall to the floor without risking of breaking it?
Yes
11. Is it a dice?
No
12. Does it have spherical form?
No
13. Does it have eyes?
Yes
14. Is it a figure of a Pokemon?
No
15. Does it have two legs and two arms?
No
16. Does it have four legs?
No
17. Is it something that represents an animal?
Yes
18. Does the animal has any legs?
Yes
19. Is it a spider?
No
20. Does it have wings?
Yes
21. Is it a bird toy?
Yes
22. Is it a stuffed bird?
No
23. Is it a tridimensional figure of a bird?
Yes
24. Does the bird has a name?
No
25. Is it a gull, an eagle, a pigeon or a chicken?
No
26. Is it a bird that flies?
Yes

7 points:
TM Notes: Nyan got it right! Unfortunately, she took slightly more questions to arrive at it than NP did.

1. Is it crystaline?
No
2. Is it metallic?
No
3. Is it artificial?
Yes
4. Is it most commonly found in opaque form?
Yes
5. Is it used in machines?
No
6. Can it be found in the average household?
Yes
7. On average, is it smaller or larger than a Nintendo DS cartridge?
Not a yes/no question
8. is it smaller than a Nintendo DS cartridge?
No
9. Does it come in multiple sizes?
Yes
10. Can it be a part of something larger?
No
11. Is it larger than a loaf of bread?
No
12. Does it contain plastic?
Sometimes
13. Does it contain rubber?
Yes
14. Does it contain fabric?
No
15. Can it be worn as a clothing item?
No
16. Is it used in an average American classroom?
No
17. Is it used in a kitchen?
No
18. Is it round?
No
19. Is it rectangular?
No
20. Does it's shape vary?
No
21. Is it cylindrical?
No
22. Is it shaped like an O?
No
23. Is it of a nongeometrical shape?
Yes
24. Is it curved at all?
Yes
25. Is it hollow?
Yes
26. Is it a cup?
No
27. Is it a mug?
No
28. Is it malleable?
No
29. If it was on the ground, would it lay flat?
Yes
30. Does it have holes?
No
31. Is it commonly found filled with something?
No (TM Note: As Nyan reminded us after this Task, the object is in fact filled with something -- air. However, we reasoned that since the alternative was to assume that the object was not a perfect vacuum -- true of literally everything we know of in the universe -- that we were justified in answering “no” to this question.)
32. Is it a golf ball?
No
33. Is it a rubber duck?
DING DING DING DING DING

8 points:
TM Notes: NP was the first to get it right, and did so with the fewest questions. Congrats!

1. Does it require electricity to successfully perform its intended function?
No
2. Is it living or previously alive?
No
3. Could I find it in a typical house?
Sometimes
4. Would it fit within a 1x1x1 meter box?
Yes
5. Would it fit within a 1x1x1 foot box?
Yes
6. Would it fit within a 6x6x6 inch box?
Sometimes
7. Is it primarily made of metal?
No
8. Is it primarily made of cloth/fabric?
No
9. Would I be most likely to find it in a kitchen/bathroom if it's within a house?
Yes
10. Would I be most likely to find it in a kitchen if it's within a house?
No
11. Would this be something that I'd use in the shower?
No
12. Would this be something I'd use for hygiene?
No
13. Would this be something I'd use for a cosmetic or medicinal purpose?
No
14. Would I be most likely to find it within a cabinet?
No
15. Could I purchase it within a typical grocery store?
No
16. Is it primarily made of wood/ceramic?
No
17. Could it purchase it within a typical Bed, Bath, and Beyond?
Yes
18. Would it primarily fit into any of the categories in the image below?
*displays image from Bed, Bath, and Beyond online catalogue*
Yes
19. Would it primarily fit into Mirrors and Lighting/Bath Accessories?
Yes
20. Is it a mirror?
No
21. Is it a faucet/scale/soap dispenser/wastebasket/toothbrush holder?
No
22. Would it primarily fit into Bath Accessories?
Yes
23. Would it primarily be for children under the age of 10?
Yes
24. Is it a bath toy/diapers/changing station/potty training seat?
Yes
25. Is it a rubber ducky?
DING DING DING DING DING

There was a bonus point to be had for contestants who figured out the color of the duck (yellow). Unfortunately, while Drac came close, nobody asked whether the object was specifically yellow.

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 7 look like this:

jIV6yAd.png

GLNKV8U.png

...Which means that @Keeper of Night has, once again, remained in the lead! He's neck-and-neck, though, with this Task's winner -- @NinjaPenguin! Will NP overtake Keeper in the next Task? Only time will tell! Remember ... good night!

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Taskmaster-envelope.png

Task 8:
Find an image of an inanimate object that represents you, and explain why it represents you.
Best object and explanation win.

You may take the image yourself or use an existing free-use image.

When you have found your image, PM it to the Taskmasters.

You have just under 5 days (until 8 PM EST on Saturday, October 6). Here's a timer.
Your time starts now.

Mass Tag:

@Blakers
@Celever @GekkisaiDaiNi @Nyan @Nyora

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Deadline reminder - 86 minutes remaining.

We won't be around to close the task then personally, but we've house trained this task so that it will definitely invalidate late entries.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Deadline passed about 2.5 hours ago; everybody who submitted made the deadline. Results up sometime tomorrow. ^.^

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Task 8: Results
Welcome back to Taskmaster! The results for the eighth Task are in, and they're fairly straightforward –– only five people submitted an image of an object that represented themselves, and we found a clear order to rank their submissions in.

Here are the scores, along with the submitted image and explanation for each entrant:

4 points:
TM Notes: Mariano's chosen object was interesting, but we would have liked to see a bit more in the way of explanation.

25898432.jpg
I chose a dice because they are great at throwing random numbers, which I love because many decisions in my life are randomized.

5 points:
TM Notes: mirdo's object represented him to a T –– nobody can doubt that. But we also felt it was, perhaps, the obvious object to choose.

unknown.png
So. What Inaminate Object represents you the most is a rather deep question. But i decided to go with the obvious option. This is a small Gull Plush i own. It is a lot like me. Im mostly also only the representation of a seagull. Also you can make me fall over just as easily and my hair is sheit a lot too.
and im very cute ofc just like my little guy

6 points:
TM Notes: NP thought laterally about this Task, which we loved to see –– the creative connections he drew between himself and his object, simple as it was, earned him third place.

47681.jpg
Imagine your first impression of a joy buzzer like the one above. Was it a mix of shock, pain, upset? Were you frustrated at the world for bringing this awful, traumatizing invention into your life? Now imagine your first impression of me. That should be enough for you to understand how this object represents me.
But in the case that brief description isn't enough to sell you, here's some more detail on why a joy buzzer represents me. To somebody who doesn't know me very well, my dry, biting sense of humor may seem abrasive, a shock to your system like the very shock this buzzer delivers. Yet just like this buzzer, I'm not purely around for the purpose of annoying others. After getting to know me for some time, one can (hopefully) appreciate me, just like you can appreciate the ridiculousness of being shocked with this hunk of metal (the buzzer does have joy in its name, after all). Nobody ever expects the joy buzzer to enter their life. But with enough light-heartedness, every time the joy buzzer shows up out of nowhere to surprise you, it can be enjoyed and appreciated. And I'd like to believe the same can be said about me.

7 points:
TM Notes: Keeper's response to the Task was thoughtful and drew important, profound connections between his object and himself. For that, we award him second place.

stonehenge-2326750_1920_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg
Its existence is strange. Its purpose, a mystery. What use does it serve? What functions does it possess?
What could be hidden behind its many faces? What have they seen in their many years?
The tales that surround it fascinate the curious mind. It's easy to imagine what they say about it might just be true. The stories it could tell, if only it wished. The beings that have imbued their knowledge into it - in its creation, in its lifetime.

How old is it, really? How has it stood the test of time? What answers could be hidden within?
Questions and more. That's all we have for it, really. What has it given us in answers? Its mere existence has provided us knowledge, for curiosity is the most important building block of intelligence. And yet it still stands there. Seemingly always with more to tell. Truth or not we may never know - but the wisdom surrounding its tales are undeniable. The lessons we can learn, if only we choose to listen.

For many a traveler has crossed its path, curious if the tales hold true. Waiting every night, talking to it as though it may hear them. Asking questions they never expect answers to.
And sometimes, they say, if your offering be gracious, it speaks back. It will hear your woes and ease your mind. It may give you perspective on life. For the feeling of being before it is unlike any other. The unsettling feeling that, strangely, makes you feel all the more welcome. As though you are not alone, but that may not be a bad thing.

Stand in front of it, bask in the presence it provides. Ask your questions, curious traveler. Receive your answers.
Is that not what you seek? Coming before it as you are, offering in hand. Or perhaps you were seeking something else entirely? The stories you know, fantastical as they may be. Are they true? Who can say. But the past is past.
What is done, is done.

What is has seen it may choose to share. The blank faces, one after another, stare you down. Not menacingly, but as though they have questions of their own. As though it seeks to learn.
You turn to face one, seemingly it calls to you. From within you feel compelled to answer an unspoken question. Its smart. It can think. That is how it has survived. It survived your father's generation. And your father before him. And your father before him.

You can practically see the years race past. Your heart races. Shadows dance at the corners of your vision. You are not before it alone.
Are they the ones from the tales? Are they other travelers seeking knowledge?
You can't seem to look away from the face before you. It speaks to you, a simple question. It wishes for your name.
And thus you answer in turn.

Curious yourself, it's your turn to seek an answer. You ask the same question.
But the face does not move, nor does it have to. For the answer was obvious from the very beginning.

8 points:
TM Notes: AP took this Task to the next level –– not only did he draw connections between his object and his own life, but he put it in a poem. That's first place right there.

c2Xeart.jpg
In my heart one may think
It's all just dark and gritty.
But listen to my story
As I sing a little ditty.

When I first fought
I brawled it out with passion
But a little yellow mouse
Even influenced my fashion.

I grew older, and Pokémon grew with me
When Gen Five came around I took a little look-see.

Beat the game I did not
But twice black colors flew
But games were still my love
All, old and new

The letter X came and I loved every moment.
Ruby Red, Smashing, even if I'm barely a poet.

Today, Pokemon's love diminished like the sun and moon
But as I still hold out in my heart once again I'll be swooned.
The games I play now, fun they may be.
But nothing gets me going like generation V.

There was no bonus point to be had for this round.

Overall, this means that the points awarded for Task 8 look like this:

TxCPiWF.png

2lIv5XT.png

@Keeper of Night is still winning, but he is closely followed by @NinjaPenguin and @mirdo! Can Keeper retain his lead for two more Tasks?

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Regrettably, I have made an error –– PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE VRACKEN IN THE PM. This is to ensure impartial judging.

Also, we've decided, in light of how this is an unusual Task and all, to give y'all a bit of information beforehand on the judging:

Vracken hates puns. We will therefore be awarding the title of "best pun" to whichever one he hates the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.