News 'Tapu Lele Pin Box' in August!

Wechselbalg

brb
It also won't make the format much worse on account of not being that incredible of a card.

It's strong and might help a spread deck in standard be pretty good, but it's not insane.

For Standard the fairy Lele is already enough if you want to play Koko spread or something, however, this can now be teched into Malamar/regular Necrozma which is not exactly bad. You just go Black Ray-GX, then on your next turn accelerate to this Lele and you will probably able to take 4 prizes at least if you've timed everything right. (Also depends on the deck you're playing against, but most top tier ones are GX heavy.) This is still okay, (I guess) doesn't sound that OP to me.

However, in Expanded: Mysterious Treasure, Ultra Ball, CPU Search, Wally, D. Valley, Forest Curse, Trevenant Break, Black Ray-GX and this Lele...nope, not insane at all, move along sirs nothing to see here.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Now, the big question is:

Will Gen 8 beat English Tapu Lele promo to market?

^ If they delay it to next year, and E3 reveals that Gen 8 is coming this year around Thanksgiving-ish, then it's time to either forget the pin and put it inside SM8, which turns into the final SM set if such revelations prove to be authentic ones, in America, or cancel the English release of the card altogether, because how can you slap the SM prefix to the long-delayed promo if a promo for a new gen beats such long-delayed promo from the old gen to the street to essentially throw SM#45, a long-delayed promo, into the graveyard of unoffically-cancelled cards as a result of delaying the promo too much to be released w/o creating confusion before they move on to a new gen w/o paying any attention to releasing this promo before the BSP prefix changes to mark the new gen?

^ I hope that this Lele does not have to mingle in w/ all the fairies in SM8 in a hurry-up fashion so that it can still be used, even if the Generation shift otherwise pushes its true English release date out as a possibly covered-up-cancellation, meaning the retailers were lied to in terms of when they should expect the promo edition, when in reality, they refused to release the promo as-is...

Transparency regarding when a product will be ready is a key indicator that contributes to its company's success. When you announce a date, do not refuse to try to meet that date, lest you wish to make fans angry over your lack of even trying due to a lack of transparency regarding the product in question... I hope SM45 is released before Gen 8 is, as after said point, if the point is reached, then it might be wise for me to give up on caring about that release here...

For now, the clock is ticking, as I look forward to the day when the veil on the street date comes off of SM45. Until then...

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Can someone explain to me how I saw some of these FOR TRADE on TCGO?? It's not allowed for play, but people were offering the ENGLISH version for trade on TCGO.
France has had these a while, and some stores got them in when they supposed to release. One store in TCGPlayer had a whole bunch of them for a while for 20 bucks, shot them up to 36, now they're unavailable.
Long story short, people got their hands on codes.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone explain to me how I saw some of these FOR TRADE on TCGO?? It's not allowed for play, but people were offering the ENGLISH version for trade on TCGO.
Card language is dependant on the user's settings, so a French user can offer a card for trade and English users will see it in English. The people who had it obviously redeemed a code from a French box.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This helps spread decks a lot.

Spread decks (a) build damage, and then (b) reap it. The best two cards for (b) right now are fairy baby lele and espeon EX.

Fairy baby lele requires basic fairy energy at the price of psychic energy. Swapping in psychic baby lele lets you use basic psychic energy. This enables Espeon's second attack. It also opens the door to using Nexrozma GX.

I can't wait. Oh wait, I still have to since we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this card since last summer....

... and still waiting....

... and still waiting....

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, very nice job, taking a clause and a word entirely out of context. You should get help with that reading comprehension problem.

I'm not taking it out of context.

You said fairy lele is good enough, and in the same post remembered that mysterious treasure existed.

Mysterious treasure is a huge reason why psychic lele is way better than fairy lele in standard, and malamar is an even bigger factor on top of that.

No need to be condescending.

Wechselbalg

brb
Well, sorry about the tone of the post, but your response came off pretty condescending to me.

Psychic Lele is better than fairy Lele in Standard if you're playing it with Malamar/Necrozma because obviously you will already play Mysterious Treasure in that deck. Spread decks in Standard usually play the promo Koko and imo there's no reason to play basic energy or Treasure in that archetype, so it doesn't matter which baby Lele you use in that deck as you will still need Counter Energy in order to use Magical Swap.

However, in Expanded there are more spread options for psychic types, most of which can utilise D. Valley (Bats, Trevenant and probably by the time this gets an English language release, Mega-Alakazam, BKP Aegislash, Espeon-EX and Bide Barricade Wobb will all be Expanded only as well) and they get the additional consistency boost by being able to use both Treasure and Ultra Ball. The psychic type Lele has so much more going for it in that format it's borderline broken there.

Joan Perex

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, it would be great that it included an alternate art Tapu Lele-GX. It would help so many players to improve their decks or get into competitive game. It's pretty expensive card and The Pokémon Company should do something about it. It's not fair to pay that much so your deck can be more consistent and have better chances to win.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Trevenant is seeing an uptick in Expanded as of recent. This notoriety of Psychic Tapu Lele will REALLY put it on everyones radar.

The real question is if this will replace Espeon-EX within the deck, as deckspace is (and always has been) pretty tight. Espeon-EX and Psychic Tapu Lele both achieve the same means, but are different in execution.

At least, I don't see both cards being within the same deck. If anyone has a counterpoint to that, by all means, explain!

There are some decks that, if they replace Espeon-EX with Tapu Lele, the Trevenant matchup becomes VERY managable.

I hope people do replace Espeon-Ex for it so a single copy of Latias-Ex will mean an autowin against Trevenant (as long as Silence Lab is not in the trevenant deck).

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I hope people do replace Espeon-Ex for it so a single copy of Latias-Ex will mean an autowin against Trevenant (as long as Silence Lab is not in the trevenant deck).

It is an incredibly safe assumption that Trevenant won’t run any other stadium than D Valley

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
It is an incredibly safe assumption that Trevenant won’t run any other stadium than D Valley

They could still play Trevenant SM (i always forget about that one). But yeah, Silent Lab is played a lot less than Dimension Valley and Trevenant SM is mostly played when the player lacks a copy of Trevenant XY.