News Tapu Lele-GX in 'Island Guardians-GX Premium Collection' This Fall!

Gwen

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's a no-brainer to get this over the playmat version. Seriously, those pins and promos are beautiful!!!!!

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
Ah. More Tapu packages I have to buy!!! Ahhhh Now Tapu Bulu needs a jumbo card!!

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Why do I see an evolutions pack? TPCi this better be a template and I’d better not hear that you are selling that garbage any longer.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume that this'll be the only version released over in the UK - seriously, any sets we get with playmats here are rare, I remember the Mega Evolution sets having them, but all other releases are swapped out (Like that Shining Legends set swapping the playmat for a poster)

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, Target breaks release date almost automatically nowadays. Sigh. I won't buy from them when they do, not that I buy much from them over my LGS, but it's really frustrating as a former employee of a bookstore that followed release dates and got screwed by Target/Walmart too.

I don't know that I'd be shocked to see them not get the Ultra Necrozma GX box at all, at least at a lot of stores - that's a higher end box. Most of the Targets around me just carry the $19-$39 boxes but not many of the $49 or $59 boxes, only the ones that have the dedicated TCG game section at front of store (the SuperTargets etc.)

Probably worked for the same chain as you, it was definitely a pain to have the Premium Trainers Collection in the store for weeks without being able to buy one when Target/Walmart etc just sell stuff as soon as they come in.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Why do I see an evolutions pack? TPCi this better be a template and I’d better not hear that you are selling that garbage any longer.
Nope, not a template. It comes with 2 Lost Thunder, 2 Forbidden Light, 2 Evolutions, and even more baffling than Evolutions: 2 Ancient Origins.

Half the packs are in rotation, half are not. You know, in this box that someone is likely buying for competitive play because of Lele? Gotta get rid of that back stock somehow, I guess.

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Nope, not a template. It comes with 2 Lost Thunder, 2 Forbidden Light, 2 Evolutions, and even more baffling than Evolutions: 2 Ancient Origins.

Half the packs are in rotation, half are not. You know, in this box that someone is likely buying for competitive play because of Lele? Gotta get rid of that back stock somehow, I guess.
At least there's value outside of just the packs so it's not as bad as it could be. Definitely a questionable decision tho.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region

Are you telling me, minus the packs, everything else that comes from this box accumulates to only $6.50?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Really upset they swapped out the playmat for some pins. I was thinking of picking this up (I don't have a playmat). Oh well, guess I'll order a cool one from Pokemon Center.

On the plus side this will drop down the value for Tapu Lele GX by at least a few bucks. Great for new players and players getting back into the game!

Oh yeah, Tapu Fini GX is there too.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume that this'll be the only version released over in the UK - seriously, any sets we get with playmats here are rare, I remember the Mega Evolution sets having them, but all other releases are swapped out (Like that Shining Legends set swapping the playmat for a poster)

Europe gets the Island Guardians GX Collection (lack of "Premium" in the name). Same as the Premium, but with 3 less packs, and lack of coin & playmat. If you're wanting this product mostly for the Lele, then this would be the best as it's the most cost efficient. The pack selection is usually different as well, and given the pack selection in the Premium, I don't think you can realistically get worse than that lol. Actually if the stock image is correct, it will contain 1 Evolutions, 1 Guardians Rising, 1 Ultra Prism, and 2 Lost Thunder. That's so much better haha.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
At least there's value outside of just the packs so it's not as bad as it could be. Definitely a questionable decision tho.
Exactly. There's still a lot of value outside of what is and isn't in rotation. And if you're more of a collector than a player, like me, you don't mind the selection as much. But it's still weird. lol
Are you telling me, minus the packs, everything else that comes from this box accumulates to only $6.50?
Yeah, pretty much! Buy 8 packs, and get a bunch of stuff, including Lele, for about $6.50.
Yeah, Target breaks release date almost automatically nowadays. Sigh. I won't buy from them when they do, not that I buy much from them over my LGS, but it's really frustrating as a former employee of a bookstore that followed release dates and got screwed by Target/Walmart too.
I don't know that I'd be shocked to see them not get the Ultra Necrozma GX box at all, at least at a lot of stores - that's a higher end box. Most of the Targets around me just carry the $19-$39 boxes but not many of the $49 or $59 boxes, only the ones that have the dedicated TCG game section at front of store (the SuperTargets etc.)
I actually have the opposite with the Targets near me. They tend to get most, if not all, products, including the expensive ones, but usually never on time, let alone early. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I like how Fini is the center of attention in here, rather than the everyone loves Lele approach you’d think they’d go for. Kudos for spreading the love. Can you spread it to Goodra now please? :D
Gotta love those Tapu Pins, though Koko we might have seen before.

Manuel Pena

Aspiring Trainer
This Items is already live on Targets website and price comes down to $30 with promo Target is running of 25% off any toy. Ordered mine already. New here so not sure if can post link or promo code info. Box is under a weird name on website.