• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Lele/Garbodor Post Guardians-Rising

MajoraMayhem

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 13
Tapu Lele GX x 4
Trubbish x 4
Garbodor GUR x 3
Garbodor BKP x 1
Shaymin EX x 1

Trainers - (25-10-1) 36
Ultra Ball x 4
VS Seeker x 4
Max Elixir x 4
Trainer's Mail x 3
Choice Band x 3
Float Stone x 3
Field Blower x 2
Escape Rope x 1
Super Rod x 1

Professor Sycamore x 3
N x 2
Lysandre x 2
Delinquent x 1
Brigette x 1
Professor Kukui x 1

Parallel City x 1

Energy - 11
Double Colorless Energy x 4
Psychic Energy x 7

Apparently this type of deck has been performing well over in Japan. I claim no expert knowledge of it, but this is the build I've been playtesting and it's been fantastic so far. Most changes have been in the Supporter line, playing 4 Jirachi EX in a deck gives you a lot more flexibility in that area. I've also tried Wobbuffet with mixed results. Let me know what you guys think!

NOTE: Post was made on mobile, will edit it to include translations for all Guardian's Rising cards once I get home.

I'm not sure if Lele does more here than it would in any other deck, so I don't follow that emphasis. Brigette doesn't quite seem necessary either as you don't necessarily benefit from an immediate swarming. Maybe dropping a couple Lele for Tauros would work out more with DCE. Its GX attack would be better for this deck, really.

Last edited:
Interesting archetype. Don't believe you need the Max Elixirs tho, both of your attackers can attack with a single attachment and I don't think it's worth playing them when you have less than 8 basic energies from a consistency standpoint. Maybe try running Puzzle of Time instead, since they can recover tools, DCEs, and Field Blowers.

Like Vitiel mentioned I would consider adding at least a one-of Tauros GX. Decks often have to dig to power up attackers that can OHKO Tauros which is good for Garb's damage output.

Oh and definitely consider playing a Hex Maniac. Ultra Ball into Lele for a turn 1 Hex Maniac can cripple most decks.

Tapu Lele is more of a Support Pokemon than a principle attacker- but it´s attack is also very good, the same as Lugia EX´s from Ancient Origins. So that combined with it´s very good ability and no weakness makes for a pretty decent attacker. I like the idea of the deck but you should maybe try another attacker? Also, instead of Bridgette I would recommend an extra N or more obviously Lillie- which you can easily use Turn 1 with Tapu Lele´s Ability.

Tapu Lele is more of a Support Pokemon than a principle attacker
Hey, I'll let you know that I once mugged Mewtwo-EX and stole his moves.

Anyways, the list doesn't need delinquent. Even though it's a one-of card, you don't run many stadiums yourself, and you do already fulfill half of the effect using field blower.
Either Run more stadiums and disruption so you can get your opponent to dig more, or don't run delinquent at all
Kukui might be needed a bit more instead.

I agree about Kukui- also you might want to consider dropping 1 or even 2 Garbodor lines to fit in additional Supporters and stuff, 4 is too many in my opinion.

I agree about Kukui- also you might want to consider dropping 1 or even 2 Garbodor lines to fit in additional Supporters and stuff, 4 is too many in my opinion.
With Garbodor GUR being the main attacker I'm not so sure that's a good idea to drop that much.

take out all Elixirs, you don't need energy acceleration here, add in a Ninja boy/Tauros combo, as when you play Lele, Ninja boy come in handy if not prized. the Tapu Koko (non Gx) is a great starter, as both Garb abd Lele don't do much on first few turns, that 20 spread put more pressure on your opponent,a nd force him to dig for resources to KO you, this uses up items to fuel your Garb

Hi MajoraMayhem,

Nice deck. Consider the following modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Tapu Lele GX (since you do not want to start with it and Super Rod retrieves lost ones)
- 1 Garbodor BKP (not sold on him in this deck)
- 1 Trubbish (three Garbodor are sufficient)
- 1 Shaymin Ex (Tapu Lele Gx suffices)

+ 2 Wobbuffet (nice assistance attacker for Tapu Lele GX and a great disruption card)
+ 1 Drampa GX / Tauros GX (nice secondary attackers)
+ 1 Mimikyu (nice tech vengance attacker)

Trainers:

- 3 Trainer's Mail (not needed that bad and can bite in mirror matches)
- 3 Float Stone (not needed with Altar of the Moone)
- 1 Escape Rope (not needed that bad)
- 1 Bridgette (Pokémon Fan Club works better here)
- 1 Parallel City (not needed that much)

+ 3 Fighting Fury Belt (still a great card with Tapu Lele GX)
+ 1 Pokémon Fan Club (better search card than Bridgette)
+ 1 Professor Sycamore (best draw supporter in the game)
+ 1 Lillie (great to use turn one with Tapu Lele GX)
+ 3 Altar of the Moone (free retreat for everyone and lowers Garbodors retreat to one. This allows allows garbodor to use Choice Band)

Would also like to cut one more trainer card to fit and eight Basic Psychic Energy to increase the odds to hit them with Max Elixir. You could cut one of the two Field Blowers or either one of the three Choice Bands or one of the three Fighting Fury Belts. Not entire sure on this final tweak I would suggest.

Hope this provides some initial assistance. Please also check out my version of this deck in the forum.

Back