• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Tapu Bulu/Lurantis

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
So this is another deck list post SM2, which will focus on the Tapu Bulu Gx. It is not yet tested, but I wish to get some comments before that. I appreciate any opinion. List as follow:

Pokemon x14
3 Tapu Bulu Gx
4 Fomatis
2 Lurantis Gx
2 Lurantis
1 Virizon
1 Tapu Lele Gx
1 Shaymin Ex

Supporter x11
4 sycamore
2 N
1 Lillie
2 Lysandre
1 Kukui
1 Olympia

Item x21
4 Vs seeker
4 Ultra ball
3 Trainers mail
3 Max elixir
2 Fight fury belt
1 Choice band
2 Float stone
1 Escape rope
1 Field blower

Stadium x4
4 Forest of giant plant

Energy x10
10 Grass energy

Tapu Bulu-GX – Grass – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[G] Horn Attack: 30 damage.

[G][G][C] Nature’s Madness: 120+ damage. You may discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 60 more damage.

[G][G][C] Kapu Wild GX: 150 damage. Heal all of this Pokemon’s HP. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Lurantis – Grass – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Fomantis

Ability: Sunny Day
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your [G] and [R] Pokemon do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 80 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Choice Band – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to does 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-EX or Active Pokemon-GX. If you have any Pokemon-EX or Pokemon-GX in play, you can't play this card. If this card is attached to a Pokemon and a Pokemon-EX or Pokemon-GX is put into play, discard this card.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Field Blower – Trainer
Item

Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (both yours and your opponent’s) and discard them.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Not sure what Virizion is doing for you here to be honest. It's really nice not to have a grass deck that all weak to grass so Tapu Bulu is looking good here. Even without discarding his attack is doing OK damage with sunny day Kukui/ Choice Band (do we know yet if that's SM2?). I don't think FGP is worth it here. I think Silent Lab/ Parallel City would be better. Maybe even no stadium, but if you do find a spot of Delinquent IMO. If you are play Max Elixirs you probably want Puzzle of Time. Ditch the FFB go 3 Choice band. The extra HP is nice but unnecessary IMO. especially since you can run Max Potion to abuse the fact that you discard all you energy to get the most out o his attacks anyways.

Not sure what Virizion is doing for you here to be honest. It's really nice not to have a grass deck that all weak to grass so Tapu Bulu is looking good here. Even without discarding his attack is doing OK damage with sunny day Kukui/ Choice Band (do we know yet if that's SM2?). I don't think FGP is worth it here. I think Silent Lab/ Parallel City would be better. Maybe even no stadium, but if you do find a spot of Delinquent IMO. If you are play Max Elixirs you probably want Puzzle of Time. Ditch the FFB go 3 Choice band. The extra HP is nice but unnecessary IMO. especially since you can run Max Potion to abuse the fact that you discard all you energy to get the most out o his attacks anyways.

the Virizon is the only one prize attacker. Also if i go behind in prize, Virizon does 40+80, and with Lurantis and/or belt/band, it hit 150+ easily. FoGP is needed so that if i go last, i can attack with Lurnatis Gx starting the energy acceleration, or having a Lurantis on bench so that Bulu would hit 60+. Parallel city is inferoir to the new Sudowoodo too imo. The extra Hp is necassary, 220hp with attack to potential to fully heal itselt is hard to KO. thanks for your opinion though.

I might drop 0ne forest and one elixer for 2 ather paradise conservation area which lets grass and lighting pokemon take 30 less damage just because in testing lurantis deck previously 4 forest is not completely nessecary and it allows decidueye/ume to set up as well where you are useing a single stafe one and the rest are basics but it seems like a good list. Also are we 100% sure lurantis is stackable?

I might drop 0ne forest and one elixer for 2 ather paradise conservation area which lets grass and lighting pokemon take 30 less damage just because in testing lurantis deck previously 4 forest is not completely nessecary and it allows decidueye/ume to set up as well where you are useing a single stafe one and the rest are basics but it seems like a good list. Also are we 100% sure lurantis is stackable?

i may consider doing a split of 2/2 or 3/1 FGP and aether paradise conservation area, but need testing for the ratio. Aslo, do you mean the lurantis isnt necessary?

Would probably drop the Fury Belts for triple Choice Band, just to ensure that you can toss them onto any of your attackers. The less dead cards the better imo.

the Virizon is the only one prize attacker. Also if i go behind in prize, Virizon does 40+80, and with Lurantis and/or belt/band, it hit 150+ easily. FoGP is needed so that if i go last, i can attack with Lurnatis Gx starting the energy acceleration, or having a Lurantis on bench so that Bulu would hit 60+. Parallel city is inferoir to the new Sudowoodo too imo. The extra Hp is necassary, 220hp with attack to potential to fully heal itselt is hard to KO. thanks for your opinion though.

Anything that can be potentially blocked by Garb and takes up bench space can't really be "inferior". Plus Parallel city can be used on yourself to discard Tapu Lele GX and Shaymin EX. I've also seen a lot of people running Shaymin EX/ Oranguru. It's a decent single prize attacker, especially if it's coming in to finish off something Tapu Bulu bruised. I still think FGP is a waste. If you were running a Plume line here too that would be one thing, but for this turn two gimmick you're giving up 4 slots in your deck to a card that's going to be dead weight to you and might help your opponent item lock you.

Also we can go around and around all day on FFB, but if you are going to go FFB you should go full tilt into it, cut Choice Band and run the new Grass stadium. The bulk will be insane and you can run Max Potion to heal up Tapu Bulu when you choose to discard all of your energies for the finishing blow.

I just meant that a turn one lurantis is not vital to the deck and thus 4 forest doesnt seem nessecary because lurantis is only a stage one. I also really hope this deck does well lurantis is one of my favorite new pokemon. Also choice band is a good add because lurantis hits for sometimes awkward numbers.

Back