• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Bulu-GX/Vikavolt (BKT-ULP)

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 12
3x Tapu Bulu-GX
3x Vikavolt
3x Grubbin
1x Oranguru
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 36
4x Guzma
4x Cynthia
3x N
2x Skyla
1x Professor Kukui

4x Ultra Ball
2x Heavy Ball
4x Rare Candy
4x Puzzle of Time
4x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
1x Max Potion
1x Energy Recycler

Energy: 12
7x Grass Energy
5x Lightning Energy

Here is my tech-oriented Vikavolt list. I think the deck is poised to be excellent once Gardevoir has been scared off by Newgaleo (although the Garde matchup isn't completely unwinnable with Kukui in the list). Let me know what you think. It's a pretty interesting deck IMO and I'm sure many of you will dislike it strongly.

Cool list

I think that this could be good once gardy isn’t as good but this could get wrecked by zoroark decidueye but here’s some suggestion:

I think that you should have at least one chargabug with espeon ex and sylveon around, so I would take out one rare candy

I would put in some stretchers in this deck because it has no Pokémon recovery besides puzzles.

I would also put in some Brigettes because it is very strong with this deck, so I think you want to take out the skylas

You should also put in some professor Sycamores for better draw support, so I would take out 3 Cynthia’s

You also need float stones for free retreat even though you play 4 guzma so take off 1 guzma and puzzles

So what I think you should do is:

-1 guzma
-3 Cynthia
-2 Skyla
-4 puzzles
-1 rare candy

+1 chargeabug (how ever it’s spelled)
+3 professor Sycamore
+2 Brigette
+2 float stone
+2 rescue stretcher
+1 energy recycler

I think your deck is very interesting and you said some people will dislike your list and I’m one of those people lol but this is a cool deck and I hope you have fun playing it in the future. :)

Cool list

I think that this could be good once gardy isn’t as good but this could get wrecked by zoroark decidueye but here’s some suggestion:

I think that you should have at least one chargabug with espeon ex and sylveon around, so I would take out one rare candy

I would put in some stretchers in this deck because it has no Pokémon recovery besides puzzles.

I would also put in some Brigettes because it is very strong with this deck, so I think you want to take out the skylas

You should also put in some professor Sycamores for better draw support, so I would take out 3 Cynthia’s

You also need float stones for free retreat even though you play 4 guzma so take off 1 guzma and puzzles

-1 guzma
-3 Cynthia
-2 Skyla
-4 puzzles
-1 rare candy

+3 professor Sycamore
+2 Brigette
+2 float stone
+2 rescue stretcher
+1 energy recycler

I think your deck is very interesting and you said some people will dislike your list and I’m one of those people lol but this is a cool deck and I hope you have fun playing it in the future. :)
Thanks very much for the advice! I do agree with using 1 Charjabug now that I think about it, just for extra consistency. I am one of those people that categorically disagrees with using Professor Sycamore in this deck as it has too many resources that you cannot afford to get rid of and I like the Puzzles approach. I will try adding an extra Energy Recycler as you suggested but I think 1 Rescue Stretcher will be all that is necessary.

I'm not sure what I think of Brigette in VikaBulu. Peter Kica believes that it sucks but it might be useful. Skyla is too invaluable a resource but I can add one in place of a Guzma.

Because you play 0 Sycamore, you should be playing 3 Skyla because it's the best, most consistent way to up Vikavolt. Why no Brigette? You really need it T1, and if you don't have it, you're relying on drawing and Ultra Ball and Heavy Ball to fill your field, plus this deck currently has no strong T1 supporters

Cool list

-1 guzma
-3 Cynthia
-2 Skyla
-4 puzzles
-1 rare candy

+3 professor Sycamore
+2 Brigette
+2 float stone
+2 rescue stretcher
+1 energy recycler

Why use 2 stretcher/1 recycler when you could just use some Super Rods to double as energy recovery?

I thought if a vikavolt isn’t by turn 2 the deck basically dies. Seems skyla is a must for ball search/ rate candy. Really is chabug needed? Seems like it would be to slow.

I thought if a vikavolt isn’t by turn 2 the deck basically dies. Seems skyla is a must for ball search/ rate candy. Really is chabug needed? Seems like it would be to slow.

Depends on if Luxray/Shining Celebi takes off. You may never get a chance to play a rare candy if it does.

Back