• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tag Teams & Porygon Z

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys! I was searching for a crazy Porygon Z deck, and I came to this one. At firsts, I tried a Jirachi version, but I feel the Green's version is generally more consistent. I heavily drew from Cremascoli's one.
The strategy is very simple here: it's a toolbox deck which can hit for weakness most of the meta. When your Tag Team is going to get koed, just Acerola it, and redistribute the special energies.

Pokemon (13)
1 Reshiram & Charizard-GX (UNB 20)
1 Pheromosa & Buzzwole-GX (UNB 1)
2 Marshadow & Machamp-GX (UNB 82)
2 Magikarp & Wailord-GX (TEU 160)
4 Porygon (UNB 155)
2 Porygon-Z (UNB 157)
1 Yveltal (TEU 95)

Item (36)
2 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Green’s Exploration (UNB 175)
4 Lillie (SM 122)
3 Acerola (BUS 112)

2 Choice Helmet (LOT 169)
1 Life Forest Prism Star (LOT 180)
4 Nest Ball (SM 123)
1 Pal Pad (UPR 132)
4 Energy Loto (GRI 122)
3 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
4 Pokégear 3.0 (UNB 182)
1 Switch (SM 132)
3 Rare Candy (SM 129)

Energy (11)
2 Unit Energy FDY (FLI 118)
4 Unit Energy GRW (UPR 137)
1 Beast Energy Prism Star (FLI 117)
4 Rainbow Energy (SM 137)

Anyway, the deck has its flaws.
- Obviously, its non-Gx matchup is quite bad. But I can't afford to charge a weak non-Gx mon with special energies, because I have no way to recover them when the mon get killed.
- Even if I play Green's, Porygon Z is rarely ready for turn 2.
- The deck struggles with recovering from hand disruption. If I set up Porygon Z, Green's are thrash, and I play just 4 Lillie as drawing cards. The Jirachi version fares better in this respect, but it set up Porygon Z more difficultly.
- That's not an actual problem, but do you think this deck can survive rotation? The main problem would be the Acerole loss: how can it be replaced? I don't think Super Scoop Up would be a great idea.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited:
Acerola serves dual purposes, energy recovery and prize denial. Lack of gusting means a simple switch to the bench could save prizes. E switch won't work but tag switch will for moving energy to the next attacker. Great potion may often be enough to heal the damaged Pokemon out of easy 1 shot range. The real problem post rotation is it will be even harder to set up p-z. Also there is a good chance you'll need to hit psychic weakness.

So you are saying that Acerola will be replaced by Great Potion, Switch, and Tag Switch, right?
As far as concerns Porygon Z, you are perfectly right.
Psychic weakness can be hit by using Mewtwo and Mew GX I'd say! :)

Back