'Tag All Stars' Set Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm seriously pissed. In what world does fudging Wishiwashi's base form get a GX and tens of better, better designed and cooler Pokemon don't?? Who's running this game? Fire them.
tenor.gif
Not every GX has to be a scary/cool looking Pokémon, you know that right? I would much rather want a Wishiwashi Solo Form than another Charizard, Dragonite or Mewtwo! I like it when Pokémon (or forms), who haven't received GX cards before, get new GX cards - especially when they're unexpected! While they may not be the best playability wise, they give underrepresented Pokémon, like Oricorio, Shuckle or Magcargo, some love because no one would've ever expected seeing one as an Ultra Rare! It's one of the same reasons I like the EX cards from the early XY era so much, no one would've ever expected Seismitoad, Skarmory or Emolga getting EX cards, whereas the later sets mostly contained Megas, Legendaries and popular 'Mons. So I'll gladly be taking all the Wishiwashi you'll be throwing away! :p

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Odd choices for what will probably be the final GXs ever, but I can appreciate what they were going for by making a GX of the lowest stat Pokemon in the games. Though if it were up to me I would've done Unown-GX or Cosmog-GX as the joke weak Pokemon-GX. (Unown for having some crazy win condition GX attack; Cosmog for capping off the Sun & Moon era with the Legendary mascots' pre-evolution.)

I also would've liked to see Fighting and Metal each get a second Tag Team but oh well. Here's to hoping Pokemon V have better type distribution.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Wishiwashi-GX can't even 1HKO a Reshizard hitting for weakness. And that HP! What a disappointment. :'(

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
We have
Wishiwashi-GX can't even 1HKO a Reshizard hitting for weakness. And that HP! What a disappointment. :'(
DRM Wishiwashi that adds up dmg to KO reshizard.
  • Wishiwashi-GX - For WC can do 120 in total. The problem is... it doesn't KO Reshizard. We have the Meet Up Washi that buffs up the GX and can hit hard. So if for example, 4 Baby Washi #HeyNick on the Bench, that's +80 HP and +80 dmg then the 100 dmg for 5 Wishiwashi of any rarity in the field, you can actually do 180 KOing most basic GXs. Well, 2 Meet Ups and 2 Scatter Wishiwashi can put you to 140 and OHKO Reshizard entirely. The problem for this is... no rooms for consistency cards so you'll force to run Giovanni's Exile to delete Dedennes on the bench. 4 Geodudes EDIT: It's 2-3, its difficult to search Pokémon nowadays Meet Up can be search by Elms but Scatter can't. Even with the GX atk, its a GX atk. You don't know how many Pokemon will you fish up there especially you are running a thin line of Pokémon.
  • Flareon - Eeveelution GXs saw no play after SUM Eevee is rotated. Will this Flareon makes them playable again? Who knows. 4 Geodudes
  • Whimsicott - Lost March is a deck that is hard to set up and makes it less playable because Ultra Ball and DCE are rotated. So why do we need another one, eh? (Yeah! I experienced playing Lost March and it is difficult to set this deck up.) 3 Geodudes

Poison Perfectionist

Aspiring Trainer
Dragon Majesty is still legal, meaning you can take advantage of baby Wishwashi to give Hp and Attack buffs. If you got all 4 babies onto the bench along with a Bench Barrier Mew for protection, you would do 100 for the 5 Wishis in play alongside +80 from the abilities, doing 180 for two energy. 200 if you had another Wishi Gx on the bench as well. That seems to be the strat they designed the card for, since Big Catch Gx sends a bunch a Basics to the bench for an easy earlygame move. Still risky, but interesting.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Just wondering, but according to Wishiwashi GX's GX Attack, you "Look at the top 12 cards of your deck and put any number of basic Pokemon you find there onto your bench." Does that mean you could potentially place 12 Pokemon on your bench or are you still restricted to having only 5 bench Pokemon. Just wondering because it doesn't clarify like some cards by saying something like "until you have 5 bench Pokemon" or something similar. I can just imagine someone with a bench of 12 Pokemon lol.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Just to insert this, aside from Whimsicott, we'll expect to get Mimikyu (Clay art) and another Eevee in this set, based on the booster box image

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Magnezone and Steelix TT
Steelix and Scizor TT
Cobalion and Magearna TT
Infernape and Blaziken TT.

All insanely cool and unique GX's we could've gotten but naw dude, here's a 130 HP WISHIWASHI GX. Sun and Moon is a joke.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Magnezone and Steelix TT
Steelix and Scizor TT
Cobalion and Magearna TT

All insanely cool and unique GX's we could've gotten but naw dude, here's a 130 HP WISHIWASHI GX. Sun and Moon is a joke.
It had to be a lone Pokemon GX, no space for more Tag Teams though

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Magnezone and Steelix TT
Steelix and Scizor TT
Cobalion and Magearna TT

Cool maybe, but I wouldn't say unique for some of them tbh. Steelix & Scizor/Infernape & Blaziken seem kinda predictable. But as I said before, not every card has to be "cool". Furthermore the set also has a "cool" GX in Trevenant & Dusknoir, and seeing as they'll likely be getting FA cards (even more "cool" stuff), I really don't think it's worth being that upset over a Wishiwashi

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
tenor.gif
Not every GX has to be a scary/cool looking Pokémon, you know that right? I would much rather want a Wishiwashi Solo Form than another Charizard, Dragonite or Mewtwo! I like it when Pokémon (or forms), who haven't received GX cards before, get new GX cards - especially when they're unexpected! While they may not be the best playability wise, they give underrepresented Pokémon, like Oricorio, Shuckle or Magcargo, some love because no one would've ever expected seeing one as an Ultra Rare! It's one of the same reasons I like the EX cards from the early XY era so much, no one would've ever expected Seismitoad, Skarmory or Emolga getting EX cards, whereas the later sets mostly contained Megas, Legendaries and popular 'Mons. So I'll gladly be taking all the Wishiwashi you'll be throwing away! :p

It's good that you like it, but the majority won't. It's a throwaway card, if you want different pokemon on GX's why not Cloyster, Swampert, Tentacruel.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
It's good that you like it, but the majority won't. It's a throwaway card, if you want different pokemon on GX's why not Cloyster, Swampert, Tentacruel.
I definitely want those too! Swampert really was robbed of one this gen, when Blaziken and Sceptile got ones!

I'm just over "cool" Pokémon constantly being featured as the Ultra Rare cards. I don't mind a Machamp, Gengar, Gardevoir or Alolan Exeggutor once in a while, but it annoys me that each have gotten 2 GX cards when, especially the Tag Teams, could've featured different Pokémon (Poliwrath/Conkeldurr, Gourgeist/Chandelure, Ribombee/Granbull, Ludicolo/Chesnaught). And what really annoys me is the outrage that always come whenever a card like Wishiwashi, Shuckle or Oricorio comes out, cause god forbid Steelix (5), Blaziken (5) or Scizor (6) didn't get yet another Ultra Rare card. I love creativity, and I think UR cards with Pokémon you wouldn't expect on them are the most creative, instead of just slapping yet another Charizard together to grab some coin.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Whimsicott is pretty good ... can cut natu, use rainbow energies, 1st attack builds your hand and damage output, and tce gives you a single attachment attacker

Nyora

A Cat
Wishiwashi-GX is super cool. Can hit up to 270 in expanded with only 2 energy, and Aqua Patch to compliment that. (80 + 80 (skyfield) + 80 (Wishiwashi's Ability) + 30). Now, there is a high high chance of your wishiwashi cards being prized, so I dont actually know how good this will be because of not just that, but you also gotta get em out quick too.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
A new Wishwashi GX. That's really cool. Wondering how we'll get those new cards here

Well, the baby Tag Team and Misty/Lorelei are already confirmed to be in Cosmic Eclipse, and the Trev/Dusk Tag as a promo, so it's anyone's guess really.

CxEriK

Aspiring Trainer
Whimsicott lost march- well we have an access to the computer search Whimsicott in lost march now.

ZABOKI .

Aspiring Trainer
ANOTHER WHIMSICOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??

NAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!?!?!?!?!

wishiwashi and flareon seem fun, wwhimsicott is good if lost march is good, even better if cottonee has an ability like skiploom