XY Sylveon's Type to (most likely) be Revealed Next Week (Update: Kinda...)

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
UPDATE 5/11: This week's Pokemon Smash has aired, and while it didn't reveal Sylveon's type, it did reveal that Sylveon is not Fighting, strong against Steel, and weak against Poison. Or something. See here for more details and current discussion. -Chariblaze
--

At the end of this week's Pokemon Smash, a preview was shown were Sylveon is breaking boards, spinning nunchucks, and hiding in a bag (wat). Two people are shown with question marks over their faces. It is highly likely that Masuda will be appearing, and will reveal Sylveon's type.

It is assumed that Sylveon is Fighting type because of the fighting techniques from the preview. Further proof is that Sylveon = Sylvestor Stallone (which would be pretty cool). As several of you have already told me, it is also CoroCoro week, which leads to even more speculation that Sylveon's type will be revealed.

Here's the video. Ignore the title, it's still technically speculation. We could still be seeing a fairy type in the coming days :3

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm0mJOMwQO8[/video]

RE: Sylveon's Type to be Revealed Next Week

where did it say that they will reveal its type?
and also maybe theyre just showing off that its not only a female?
Also all eeveeloution can learn rock smash.

m7mad133 said:
where did it say that they will reveal its type?
and also maybe theyre just showing off that its not only a female?

Considering Sylveon is the center of the show, and that Masuda will [probably] be there, I think it's safe to say we will get an answer.

And we know Sylveon isn't only female. All Eeveelutions are both male and female. In fact Eevee has a higher chance of being male in all situations.

i think theyre trying to show off that fairy type's arent "girly" by showing that it has strength and power

I swear to God, if it's an existing type and there isn't a decent reason for the secrecy surrounding its type I will go completely loco...

About time.

Also, why did those two people have questions logo over their face? I don't get it.

lol Sylvester Stallone, funny post OP, but highly misleading by making it sound like a news instead of your speculation.

It said nothing about type reveal.
No one is assuming anything about it but you.

Mitja said:
lol Sylvester Stallone, funny post OP, but highly misleading.

It's speculationnnnnnn we've been over this. Masuda showing up pretty much guarantees a type reveal. And it's the focus of the episode, so...

With as much as they've been trying to cover up Sylveon's type, I think showing proof of its type in the preview would be a little too obvious. They're probably just doing it to leave people guessing. (I'm still calling Flying-type.)

Rusticks said:
Mitja said:
lol Sylvester Stallone, funny post OP, but highly misleading.

It's speculationnnnnnn we've been over this. Masuda showing up pretty much guarantees a type reveal. And it's the focus of the episode, so...

But you worded it "It is assumed" like you copied some news article. The girl being dressed up as Sylveon doing some rock smashing etc is the first noteworthy hint for a Fighting type though I'll give you that, as poor as it might be.
You should have just posted that in the other thread cause I don't see the point of having 2.

Masuda showing up means nothing except for the fact that Masuda is showing up until we he presents anything new he might have to present. In other words, there is no basis to assume that Masuda showing up would mean Sylveons type reveal.

They're eating Fairy cake. :)
FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED.

qk6sC0o.png
"It's not Fighting-Type, it's Fairy-Type."
Hiro confirmed, NO ES FAKE.

But Sylveon is clearly Fake-type!

Mitja said:
Rusticks said:

But you worded it "It is assumed" like you copied some news article. The girl being dressed up as Sylveon doing some rock smashing etc is the first noteworthy hint for a Fighting type though I'll give you that, as poor as it might be.
You should have just posted that in the other thread cause I don't see the point of having 2.

Masuda showing up means nothing except for the fact that Masuda is showing up until we he presents anything new he might have to present. In other words, there is no basis to assume that Masuda showing up would mean Sylveons type reveal.

Although you are right, that what he assumed is likely. If the episode focuses on Sylveon, it is very likely that its type will be revealed, what major element of Sylveon would else be covered that we do not know of? It is important enough to get a preview, thus the reveal of its type does not sound far fetched at all.

Pokequaza said:
Mitja said:

Although you are right, that what he assumed is likely. If the episode focuses on Sylveon, it is very likely that its type will be revealed, what major element of Sylveon would else be covered that we do not know of? It is important enough to get a preview, thus the reveal of its type does not sound far fetched at all.

Theyve been covering eeveelutions for like the last 20 shows... there is no indication of next one revealing anything.
And even if it does, it will then probably be just the hint that "next time" they will reveal it, since thats much closer to corocoro release.

The suspense is killing me. Who knew that little, cat-fox thing would cause so much commotion.

All my hopes and dreams are riding on this. Come on pure Normal. Troll those kids. Don't let me down.

If we're talking Hiro or Fake type I put my money on Fire/Fighting. Hiding in the bag somehow symbolizes Fire.

PMJ said:
All my hopes and dreams are riding on this. Come on pure Normal. Troll those kids. Don't let me down.
I actually have better, competitive-based reasons for wanting the same thing. Also, they could have simply been revealing the move Brick Break in Sylveon's arsenal, which gives no indication of it's type. If you don't believe me, just look at how any pokemon can actually learn Brick Break, compared to how many are a Fighting type.

I really don't care what type it is. If it's a new type, then great, I hope it resists dragon. If it's an existing type, then great, now everyone can shut up about it.

Actually they wouldn't shut up about it, they'd just be like "HURRRRRRR WAY TO WASTE EVERYONE'S TIME GAMEFREAK, MORE LIKE GAYMEFREAK AM I RIGHT LOL"

Back