Discussion SylveonEX in ZoroarkGX decks IS answer to Rayquaza GX

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
As the title says, people were sketchy on how helpful SylveonEX is, and yesterday at one of our local leagues, I'd played a friend who id not seen since the CS pre-release. As imagined he'd acquired the whole deck and it definitely gives Zoroark a lot of trouble. I was running ZoroGarb. Trashalanche is helpful but if you don't have a back up Trashalanche ready then it goes down hill again. It's when ray takes back to back knockouts that there's no way the deck can bring the game back. Sylveon is our little lady to help us achieve that

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Yes zoroark mostly takes 2hits on a day whereas the Sylveon ex with DCE and choice band takes out ray one hit. This is obvs last rotation though

Otaku

The wise fool?
I feel like we need to point out that this thread was started prior to the 2019 Standard Format(SM-On) being in effect. Unless it was supposed to be about Expanded the entire time.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I was just wondering because in that case, isn't Sylveon GX better?
Not every deck is going to run Eevee and Fairy energy. The whole point of Sylveon EX is that it is splashable tech in any deck running DCE. The OP's thread is concerning running a counter to Rayquaza for his ZOROARK DECK.