• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX Second Attempt

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
So I finished 5-1-1 in my local league 7 round swiss and lost in top 8 vs Gyarados. I've noticed that I never got the chance to use Flareon and Kukui could've been useful. This is the deck I used. Any input and suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

Pokémon - 9
* 4 Eevee
* 4 Sylveon
* 1 Flareon

Trainer Cards - 39
* 4 Crushing Hammer
* 2 Lysandre
* 3 N
* 1 Parallel City
* 4 Team Flare Grunt
* 1 Team Aqua's Secret Base
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady
* 1 Energy Recycler
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 2 Silent Lab
* 2 Enhanced Hammer
* 1 Field Blower
* 3 Max Potion
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 Delinquent

Energy - 12
* 10 Fairy Energy
* 2 Double Colorless Energy
Total Cards - 60

I don't play Sylveon myself, but I have played against it many times. That said, the few modifications I'd suggest would be:

+1 Parallel City instead of the Team Aqua Base. Since most competitive decks run several options for a free retreat, imo Parallel City is a better way to cripple your opponent and then it's going to be Delinquent fodder anyway.

I am not sure how useful Max Potion is in this type of deck, I think the most effective Sylveons I played against did not run it. And if you are running Flareon then you should be able to 1 shot Metagross GX and Solgaleo GX, so I'd say you'd need at least two Choice Bands. Therefore you should swap the 3 Max Potions for 1 Flareon (for consistency) and 2 Choice Bands.

Also, cutting one Fairy Energy and the the Recycler in favour of 2 Team Skull Grunts might be a good idea, but then you might get into a though situation against other mill decks, so I guess this one really is up to personal preference. Running 2 Field Blowers might also be a good idea. Maybe +1 instead of the Pokemon Center Lady?

Once again, just my two cents, a fellow Sylveon player might be able to give you better advice.

I despise every inch of Sylveon decks after losing to it time and time again - it even knocked me out at Regionals. However, despite hating the toxic nature of this deck, here's my thoughts on what to play. Your list looks pretty solid, however I'd change a couple things.

+1 Tapu Lele-GX. Not everyone has the money I know, but honestly Lele just adds so much to any deck. It works especially well here, since you use DCE. Draw consistency is a must in all decks, and Lele sorts this with only 1 addition.
+1/2 Double Colourless Energy. Sure it goes down to hammers, but DCE is far better at getting Sylveon kicked off. 2nd turn Plea/Fairy Wind is much more possible with a little more DCE, especially if you go and use Lele.
+1 Pokemon Centre Lady/Big Malasada. Status conditions are a pain, and an extra centre lady or a big malasada would prevent something like an Ice Beam-GX, a Nuzzle or Moonless Madness being too much of a problem.

-1 Delinquent. 4/4 Delinquents/Stadiums? Eh. You're better off freeing up some extra deck space.
-1/2 Fairy Energy. See DCE.
-1 Max Potion. We're playing an extra centre lady/malasada, so you don't need all the potions. Fairly sure top Sylveon lists dropped max potion entirely.

Again, this is just my thoughts, run it how you want but not against me please :)

I don't play Sylveon myself, but I have played against it many times. That said, the few modifications I'd suggest would be:

+1 Parallel City instead of the Team Aqua Base. Since most competitive decks run several options for a free retreat, imo Parallel City is a better way to cripple your opponent and then it's going to be Delinquent fodder anyway.

I am not sure how useful Max Potion is in this type of deck, I think the most effective Sylveons I played against did not run it. And if you are running Flareon then you should be able to 1 shot Metagross GX and Solgaleo GX, so I'd say you'd need at least two Choice Bands. Therefore you should swap the 3 Max Potions for 1 Flareon (for consistency) and 2 Choice Bands.

Also, cutting one Fairy Energy and the the Recycler in favour of 2 Team Skull Grunts might be a good idea, but then you might get into a though situation against other mill decks, so I guess this one really is up to personal preference. Running 2 Field Blowers might also be a good idea. Maybe +1 instead of the Pokemon Center Lady?

Once again, just my two cents, a fellow Sylveon player might be able to give you better advice.

Thanks for replying. PCL has only helped me once and it was a nail biter and if I didn't have it I would've lost. There were times I was doing some practicing with Skull Grunt and ended up empty handed. BUt I guess it also help you map out their hand and know what could happen. Maybe run Captivating Pokepuff idk. I have faced against another Sylveon Mill deck and Energy Recycler was very helpful. Though thinking about running Energy Keeper Carbink.

I despise every inch of Sylveon decks after losing to it time and time again - it even knocked me out at Regionals. However, despite hating the toxic nature of this deck, here's my thoughts on what to play. Your list looks pretty solid, however I'd change a couple things.

+1 Tapu Lele-GX. Not everyone has the money I know, but honestly Lele just adds so much to any deck. It works especially well here, since you use DCE. Draw consistency is a must in all decks, and Lele sorts this with only 1 addition.
+1/2 Double Colourless Energy. Sure it goes down to hammers, but DCE is far better at getting Sylveon kicked off. 2nd turn Plea/Fairy Wind is much more possible with a little more DCE, especially if you go and use Lele.
+1 Pokemon Centre Lady/Big Malasada. Status conditions are a pain, and an extra centre lady or a big malasada would prevent something like an Ice Beam-GX, a Nuzzle or Moonless Madness being too much of a problem.

-1 Delinquent. 4/4 Delinquents/Stadiums? Eh. You're better off freeing up some extra deck space.
-1/2 Fairy Energy. See DCE.
-1 Max Potion. We're playing an extra centre lady/malasada, so you don't need all the potions. Fairly sure top Sylveon lists dropped max potion entirely.

Again, this is just my thoughts, run it how you want but not against me please :)

Thanks for responding. Yes. Lele can help with match ups against Garbodor and get that supporter to skull grunt, flare grunt, handiwork etc etc. Will try out the DCEs and PCL adds as well to see how it works. Yeah Delinquest and Stadiums could be too much.

Thanks for replying. PCL has only helped me once and it was a nail biter and if I didn't have it I would've lost. There were times I was doing some practicing with Skull Grunt and ended up empty handed. BUt I guess it also help you map out their hand and know what could happen. Maybe run Captivating Pokepuff idk. I have faced against another Sylveon Mill deck and Energy Recycler was very helpful. Though thinking about running Energy Keeper Carbink.

Carbink is not worth it in this deck imo, as the ability only applies to basics, and you will probably want evolve your Eevees asap.

I agree with the suggestion that you should probably drop 1/2 Delinquents in favour of DCE, (or something else that works for you) since you can reuse them with VS and Puzzle anyway. I am personally not sure how useful Lele would be in this deck, since you already rely on Magical Ribbon to search for stuff, but it could work. Most decks that run Lele run at least two, since it's their only source for searching for that 1 Supporter card that they desperately need in a given situation. In this deck it might just end up being Lysandre bait though, (if it doesn't get prized) as you will not really have the means to cause serious damage with it. In this deck the DCE is better spent on Sylveon if you need to attack I think, (and of course for Plea GX) esp. if you're using Flareon too - in that case Lele will really end up being more of a disadvantage later on, since Flareon's ability doesn't work on it.

If you scrap the idea of Flareon being in the deck and run two Leles, it might help with the consistency though, but then your deck will be even weaker against Metal types - so once again, trial and error I guess, and see what works best for you.

Carbink is not worth it in this deck imo, as the ability only applies to basics, and you will probably want evolve your Eevees asap.

I agree with the suggestion that you should probably drop 1/2 Delinquents in favour of DCE, (or something else that works for you) since you can reuse them with VS and Puzzle anyway. I am personally not sure how useful Lele would be in this deck, since you already rely on Magical Ribbon to search for stuff, but it could work. Most decks that run Lele run at least two, since it's their only source for searching for that 1 Supporter card that they desperately need in a given situation. In this deck it might just end up being Lysandre bait though, (if it doesn't get prized) as you will not really have the means to cause serious damage with it. In this deck the DCE is better spent on Sylveon if you need to attack I think, (and of course for Plea GX) esp. if you're using Flareon too - in that case Lele will really end up being more of a disadvantage later on, since Flareon's ability doesn't work on it.

If you scrap the idea of Flareon being in the deck and run two Leles, it might help with the consistency though, but then your deck will be even weaker against Metal types - so once again, trial and error I guess, and see what works best for you.

Yeah I didn't think clearly. It's best for the Lapras GX Mills Decks. scrap that idea.

Lele was just a thought for games vs Garbodor. I might just keep them out and get what I need with Magical Ribbon.

In my Sylveon deck I do not play N but rather plat 2 red card for hand disruption and that way I can either delinquent or skull grunt in same turn. Also if you are magical ribboning you do not want to play N to get rid of them. I play 3 Max Potion and 1 PCL my self and seems to work well. Really tough matchup for me has been Garbador, especially with espeon. Id take out 1 delinquent and add 1 Team skull grunt as 4 VS Seeker and puzzle of times you wont need 4 delinquents.
I go back and forth with adding Lele because drawing it as only basic puts you in a bad spot. With Garbador in mind im contemplating playing a Steven, once VS Seeker is gone, as well Brocks grit so you get your energy and not use an item, ie energy recycler. My main ideas going forward will be to restrict amount of necseary items we need to play to go up against Garbador variants. That being said I feel 2 field blowers are a must, becuaee of all the decks who rely on float stone and choice band.

Last edited:
Back