• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX Post Rotation (BreakThrough-Burning Shadows)

You make a good point because this deck has no draw support, so starting trubbish would be devastating. Plus fitting 5 or 4 cards in an already tight deck list would be hard without hurting the consistency, and point of the deck.

You make a good point because this deck has no draw support, so starting trubbish would be devastating. Plus fitting 5 or 4 cards in an already tight deck list would be hard without hurting the consistency, and point of the deck.
Exactly, I mean if it was able to be done without having negative impact it could be huge help but just having so few basics just makes it tough to tech 1 or 2 more basics.

I managed to fit 3 Tormenting Spray into my list, so I'm gonna start deck testing with it, and test the consistency of that combo. The only flaw is N, but with Vs Seeker going out of format your opponent can only play 4 N's. Unfortunately because Tapu Lele exists they can pull it, but from deck testing other decks the number of times N is played in important situations like after we use Magical Ribbon, Metagross GX uses Algorithm GX, or when Drampa GX use Big Wheel GX has gone down. I hope this helps.

I managed to fit 3 Tormenting Spray into my list, so I'm gonna start deck testing with it, and test the consistency of that combo. The only flaw is N, but with Vs Seeker going out of format your opponent can only play 4 N's. Unfortunately because Tapu Lele exists they can pull it, but from deck testing other decks the number of times N is played in important situations like after we use Magical Ribbon, Metagross GX uses Algorithm GX, or when Drampa GX use Big Wheel GX has gone down. I hope this helps.
Yea im not too worried about N, i was used to getting N'ed upwards of 6 times a game and now a max of 4 is nice break... i am curious to see how tormenting spray plays in the deck and see if it is worth including and taking out other cards.

I think the Tormenting Spray combo will be insane. Especially if you can pull it off early game. They have no setup, and are top decking for cards. I still have yet to deck test with it though. With Magical Ribbon it should be pretty consistent. Again though I do still have to deck test with it.

Yera the combo can potentially win you the game if done early, which id definitely possible, you start with a stadium in hand or really any one piece of the combo and can magical ribbon the other 3. One thing will be if you do the combo and last card they keep from delinquent is tapu lele then they can get around it, but either way we are grinding away at their resources and without vs seeker could potentially take a way any 1 of or 2 of supporters they may rely on. Even the threat of being tormenting sprayed after delinquent may effect what card they keep; might keep an energy or item instead of draw supporter in fear of losing it as well.

Unless your versing a very expieenced player you should be able to pull it off once. Then you can still pull it off, and they may infer you have the Tormenting Spray and keep a energy, item, or pokemon. They may also hope you couldn't get that piece and take a chance. If they don't take the chance, and you could only pull 3 of the cards using Magical Ribbon then don't pull the Tormenting Spray anymore.

Unless your versing a very expieenced player you should be able to pull it off once. Then you can still pull it off, and they may infer you have the Tormenting Spray and keep a energy, item, or pokemon. They may also hope you couldn't get that piece and take a chance. If they don't take the chance, and you could only pull 3 of the cards using Magical Ribbon then don't pull the Tormenting Spray anymore.
Oh yea, def see getting the combo off atleast once. Just the threat of tormenting spray can effect their gameplay i meant. I mean every few turna u could pull it off.grab a piece or two each turn along with some energy denial.

Last edited:
So far I have played one game against a Greninja Break deck. I technically lost, but my friend said without Vs Seeker he would have lost the match. Vs Seeker is going out of format, so I did win my first match. I got Sylveon GX out turn 1, and used Magical Ribbon because I chose to go second. Pulled the Tormenting Spray combo turn 2, and started knocking out his pokemon. Unfortunately he top decked a Vs Seeker, and played the N. From that point on every time I tried to get the Tormenting Spray combo he used N. I had already taken like 4 prizes, so I got no card,s and since Greninja has like no energy on the board energy denial didn't help. Even with all that had this been post rotation I would have won.

So far I have played one game against a Greninja Break deck. I technically lost, but my friend said without Vs Seeker he would have lost the match. Vs Seeker is going out of format, so I did win my first match. I got Sylveon GX out turn 1, and used Magical Ribbon because I chose to go second. Pulled the Tormenting Spray combo turn 2, and started knocking out his pokemon. Unfortunately he top decked a Vs Seeker, and played the N. From that point on every time I tried to get the Tormenting Spray combo he used N. I had already taken like 4 prizes, so I got no card,s and since Greninja has like no energy on the board energy denial didn't help. Even with all that had this been post rotation I would have won.
I agree, tormenting spray combo isnt great pre-rotation due to vs seeker, players are going to keep vs seeker as their only card from delinquent every time, due to versatility. I played 3 games yesterday against my freind who made his deck post rotation as well. He used A. Ninetales twice and metagross once. I went 3-0, using the combo every game. If they dont top deck draw supporter it is really difficult to recover. Against metagross I did the combo and following turn used plea gx, which left him useless to even draw an N or sycamore to use unless he want to waste his bounced benched pokemon. Gnna try doing more playtesting through out the weekend as well.

Glad to hear the deck is having success against other meta decks in the 2018 rotation. I will continue deck testing, and I'll tell you if I figure out any changes to the deck.

Did a little play testing post rotation last night and was able to execute stadium, red card, delinquent, and torment spray. I discarded a Sycamore from my opponent's hand ... and he promptly top decked a sycamore.

I would have been able to do it again later in the game but I grabbed a stadium from my discard instead of torment spray (when using puzzles).

I know it's just one game, but pulling off the stadium, red card, delinquent, and torment spray combo seems quite doable.

I think it is fairly easy as long as your opponent doesn't play N. As long as you have 1 of the pieces in hand you can pull it off with 1 Magical Ribbon. One move I liked was when I had one Puzzle of Time in hand. I had already done it once, so I Magical Ribboned for the second Puzzle of Time, and 2 more of the pieces. It allowed me to pull it off for the second time in the game. Against setup decks which require energy I think this deck will do well. One thing has to go right though otherwise you are screwed. When you pull a Eevee you have to have a Fairy Energy. I still have yet to play a game without pulling one, but you are done if you can't get one on your first turn. I hope this helps.

It happened to me once in 21 matches at NAIC. I run 11 fairy energy and 3 Sycamore. But yes no turn 1 fairy energy = loss.

11 seems to be the magic number... very seldomly u dnt draw 1 with 11 in the deck. I play someone onlione over the weekend and had all 4 peices in hand to strat and after he drew for his turn he scooped, was hilarious.

That's crazy to start with all 4 pieces. I may have just been really unlucky, but 2 out of 4 games I didn't start with a Fairy Energy. One of those games I drew into it first turn, so it was ok, but I may consider 12. I won 2 out of 4 games. I should have won 3 out of 4 though because I versed someone who used VS Seeker to get back a N, and play it. The other game he used 4 N's in 4 turns to disrupt the Tormenting Spray combo. 2 of the times he played it was VS Seeker, one was using Tapu Lele GX, one he drew into. He was my friend though, so he knew the combo, and that's why he was so scared. You can probably catch a normal person off gaurd at least once.

Oh man thats terrible odds..id do 6 pile shuffle after every game you play. I might not get a an energy out of every 10 hands or so. Yea the combo will be easier once vs seeker is rotated.

I actually do a 7 pile shuffle after every game, not sure if there is a difference between 6 or 7. Like I said I probably just got super unlucky, but I may test with 12. It might be hard to find space though because the decklist is so tight.

I actually do a 7 pile shuffle after every game, not sure if there is a difference between 6 or 7. Like I said I probably just got super unlucky, but I may test with 12. It might be hard to find space though because the decklist is so tight.

Ah ok, wlel id def say that is exteemrly unlucky to hapen 2 out of 4 games... if it happend like 10 out of 20 id be more concerned but i think 11 energy is the perfect number, you could give 12 a try but as u said the decklist is tight as it is and being as efficeint with slots its important for this deck to perform optimally. today i went 11-1 with it and one game i lost was due to no energy first turn, lol but every other game had no issue setting it up and people having trouble acclimating with no vs seeker.

Yea I will do more deck testing, and hopefully find that 12 is unnecessary. Fortunately the deck has been doing well when you can find the Fairy Energy I mean 11-1 is very impressive. What is your decklist right now because I want to compare our decklists, and see if there are any differences.

Back