• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX/M Gardevoir: Magical Mayhem

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
Fairy types do have some of the coolest art you know... [EDITED 5/14/17]

SM2_EN_140.png

So without further ado, the deck list:

_POKEMON_ 17x
4x Sylveon GX (GUR)
4x Eevee (SUM)
3x M Gardevoir EX (GEN)
3x Gardevoir EX (GEN)
2x Wobboffet (GEN)
1x Flareon (AOR)

_TRAINERS_ 30x
4x Crushing Hammer (SUM)
4x Enhanced Hammer (GUR)
4x Team Flare Grunt (GEN)
2x N (FCO)
1x Professor Sycamore (BKP)
3x Fairy Drop (FCO)
2x Choice Band (GUR)
2x Ultra Ball (SUM)
1x Pokemon Ranger (STS)
1x Lysandre (AOR)
3x Mega Turbo (ROS)
3x Gardevoir Spirit Link (STS)
2x Energy Recycler (GUR)
2x Professor's Letter (BKT)

_ENERGY_ 13x
8x Fairy Energy (SUM)
2x DCE (SUM)

Reasoning behind certain cards:

2x Wobbuffet:

Wobbuffet is in this deck to counter Decidueye/Vileplume, which is currently one of the top decks in the format and you need to be able to beat it to win tournaments, currently at least. Without abilities, it's main strategy falls apart quickly. This also helps counter Volcanion decks, which are also ability reliant. The only downside is that it shuts down energy evolution as well.

1x Flareon

Flareon is also here to counter Decidueye decks, as well as a few other decks. One fairy wind from a choice-banded Sylveon while Flareon OHKOs a Decidueye GX. The same thing goes for M Scizor EX, the only metal deck that is a real threat to this one besides the Exadrill rouge deck.

1x Sycamore

Running one Sycamore sounds like a stupid decision doesn't it? In this deck, it actually makes sense to run only one Sycamore, as you probably wont want to discard your entire hand very often.

1x Pokemon Ranger

The only deck that can cause this deck to completely stall is aqua box Glaceon. Thankfully, Pokemon Ranger can negate the effect of crystal ray, so it is an essential for this deck.

Strategy:

Get Sylveon GX in play as soon as possible and build a hand full of disruptive cards. While doing this, get a second Sylveon ready, set up a Mega Gardevoir, disrupt, and attack. Once you get M Gardevoir into the active position, sweep and disrupt, its that simple.

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Lose two Rangers for two Crushing Hammers, usually these decks only use one Glaceon and M Gardey can easily take one down. Also, you won't use DCEs much, take out the Special Charge and add in a Professor's letter as it acts as an Evosoda for Eevee. Consider ditching the DCEs entirely and adding 2 Fairy Energies. Also, taking out 2 E-Hammers for 2 Ultra Balls would allow you to take advantage of Mega Turbo which would be great as it's more reliable than Max Elixir. Also, if you do opt for Mega Turbo I would suggest one more Sycamore, maybe cutting one Energy as it doesn't affect your damage output in any meaningful way. With ten energies in play your hitting 300 which is normally completely unessescary. Anyways, I like this idea. Good luck! :)

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
Lose two Rangers for two Crushing Hammers, usually these decks only use one Glaceon and M Gardey can easily take one down. Also, you won't use DCEs much, take out the Special Charge and add in a Professor's letter as it acts as an Evosoda for Eevee. Consider ditching the DCEs entirely and adding 2 Fairy Energies. Also, taking out 2 E-Hammers for 2 Ultra Balls would allow you to take advantage of Mega Turbo which would be great as it's more reliable than Max Elixir. Also, if you do opt for Mega Turbo I would suggest one more Sycamore, maybe cutting one Energy as it doesn't affect your damage output in any meaningful way. With ten energies in play your hitting 300 which is normally completely unessescary. Anyways, I like this idea. Good luck! :)
Thanks! I haven't actually tried competitive play yet, put I have 2 friends who do competitive regularly. But, they seemed to think it was a good idea so I decided to post it. :p

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Thanks! I haven't actually tried competitive play yet, put I have 2 friends who do competitive regularly. But, they seemed to think it was a good idea so I decided to post it. :p
Niether have I I just play TCGO xD. No league for miles round here lol. BTW nice reference to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy in your signature xD

CarolinaDyrty

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion would straight up smack your deck around. Superior energy acceleration. You may want to make a space for vapereon, .