• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon-EX/Aromatisse/Xerneas-EX/Umbreon

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Pokémon: 13
  • 1 Lugia-EX AOR 68
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
  • 1 Umbreon-EX FAC 119
  • 3 Spritzee BKP 84
  • 2 Aromatisse XY 93
  • 3 Sylveon-EX GEN 132
  • 1 Xerneas-EX XY 146

Trainer Cards: 36
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
  • 3 Max Potion EPO 94
  • 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
  • 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
  • 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
  • 3 N DEX 96
  • 1 Super Rod NVI 95
  • 1 Skyla BCR 149
  • 1 Xerosic PHF 110
  • 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
  • 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
  • 3 Fairy Garden XY 117
  • 2 Lysandre FLF 104
  • 1 Exp. Share PRC 128
Energy: 11
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
  • 8 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2
Strategy:

Okay here I go. I feel like with these recent sets coming out like BREAKpoint and Fates Collide, TPCi has just been pushing on loads of support to make a defensive deck like this good. From Max Elixir, to Fighting Fury Belt, and back to even the reprint of N, the strategy has gotten a lot more viable. I'm trying to take a basic step up from the classic concept of Florges-EX/Aromatisse, but what I got so far isn't too terribly groundbreaking

The basic setup is to power up a decent attacker like Sylveon-EX and hit hard for 70 damage with a DCE and Fighting Fury Belt on the first few turns of the game. This way, it paves an easy path to clear the board of threats like Froakies, Frogadiers, Phantumps, and even Night Marchers if you're lucky. Even if you damage larger threats like Yveltal-EX, you can utilize the damage later to start chipping away KO's with Xerneas-EX's BREAKthrough attack. Once enough energy is on the board, you can finish things off with a few X-Blasts or any of Lugia-EX's attacks

Alongside the setup is the establishment of Aromatisse on the field. Getting it out allows free movement of Fairy Energy, which in turn makes Max Potion very potent (as it allows you to keep the energy), and instant switching out of attackers when combined with free retreat provided by Fairy Garden. Max Elixir allows you also to place basic Energy almost anywhere on the field and move it into the active when combined with Aromatisse.

Umbreon-EX seems like an odd choice in a Fairy-type deck. It's not specifically to take KO's or move damage around; the importance of it's inclusion lies in it's first attack, Veil of Darkness, which for a [C] Energy will do 20 damage and allow you to discard as many cards as you like from your hand, then draw that many cards. The most important factors are: Umbreon is a dark type, and it does 20 damage for any energy. Thus, with a Fighting Fury Belt and a single Fairy Energy or DCE, it can KO a plain Joltik, Pumpkaboo, or Phantump, AND get you out of dead draw (theoretically)

Nothing's been really "amazing" so far. I've really struggled to put damage on the board because of the sheer problem of retreating out of a second turn start. Say I start with a spritzee and I am forced to go second. Rather than using a series of extremely lucky Max-Elixir antics, there is no way I can retreat out of spritzee and attack with Sylveon, a slowdown which defies the whole point of Sylveon-EX's quick setup.

Back