• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sword & Shield Inteleon Theme Deck

brasko64

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I recently bought some starter decks for me and my friends to play with, and I am looking to make them a little more consistent and fun to play. If anyone could offer a little advice as to which lines to strengthen and which ones to remove, as well as suggestions on a better Supporter/Item setup it would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

Pokemon - 22

[2] Inteleon (SS59)
[3] Drizzile (SS57)
[3] Sobble (SS55)
[2] Drednaw (SS61)
[3] Chewtle (SS60)
[2] Kingler (SS44)
[3] Krabby (SS43)
[2] Cramorant (SS62)
[2] Mantine (SS52)

Supporters - 9

[4] Hop
[3] Professor's Research
[2] Poké Kid

Items - 11

[4] Great Ball
[2] Pokémon Catcher
[2]Switch
[1] Energy Switch
[1] Ordinary Rod
[1] Pokégear 3.0

Energy - 18

[18] Water Energy

brasko64

Aspiring Trainer
No budget restrictions really. We're not playing in comps or anything, so feasibly we could proxy anything that's super expensive.

Gark707

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so for starters, I would try to find a main point or vocal point for your deck. I would probably choose Inteleon because the affect of the attack is often overlooked and is easy to build around. If you choose inteleon, i would up the counts of inteleons evolution line. A 4-4-4 line would work well and if your looking to add some spice try the adding 1 or 2 other inteleon for sword and shield that searchs for trainers when it evolves. You might want to work on your energy count as well. A common thing newer players do is add to many energies and not enough trainers. A good count of trainers vs energies is typically 10-15 energies and 25-30 energies with the rest being pokemon. Of course this can be adjusted but its a good starting point.

Here's the list i would use:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Crobat V DAA 182
* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 176
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 4 Sobble SSH 55
* 4 Drizzile SSH 56
* 1 Inteleon SSH 58
* 3 Inteleon SSH 59

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Marnie SSH 169
* 3 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 3 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156

##Energy - 9

* 9 Water Energy SWSHEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

SpoinkLord

Aspiring Trainer
If you're already getting dedes and bats you may as well just check out pokestats and find some decks from recent results

brasko64

Aspiring Trainer
Is the idea to start wit Sobble and start attacking wit Inteleon 2nd turn?

Is the Balloon for Oranguru?

Last edited:

Gark707

Aspiring Trainer
Is the idea to start wit Sobble and start attacking wit Inteleon 2nd turn?

Is the Balloon for Oranguru?
Yeah ideally you go first and set up your inteleon by turn 2. Didn't really explain this in the deck profile but the idea is that energy disruption based attacks and cards are really good at the moment so you take advantage of this by playing lots of energy disruption cards. Even if your not playing against the most competitive decks, removing energies is still really good. Balloon is for Oranguru but also other cards, just helps with moving your pokemon around.