Discussion Sword & Shield In Expanded

Nyora

A Cat
Dont know what the Celebi V deck is but I know the Noivern GX deck and it cant be compared seriously.
I’m done arguing but I would strongly recommend reading the entire post as opposed to skimming. I linked a list to Celebi V, and I was talking about Noivern, not Noivern-GX.

Anywho, new topic- fun expanded decks? Personally, I’ve recently been playing a lot of Lost March with DRX Jumpluff, SSH Claydol with Protection Cube, and of course Noivern from FFL. I copy/pasted them down here in case anyone is interested in trying out something stupid/fun.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Noibat BUS 109
* 4 Noivern FFI 77
* 2 Noivern BREAK BKT 113
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 3 Victini GRI 10
* 1 Shining Celebi PR-SM 79
* 1 Blitzle BCR 56
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 N PR-BLW 100
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Faba LOT 208
* 4 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Koga's Trap UNB 211
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 3 Muscle Band XY 121

##Energy - 8

* 4 Memory Energy LOT 194
* 4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Noivern is a super gimmicky deck, and the only thing I’ve found that reliably works with flip coins (I haven’t tried out Seaking yet, though). Try and setup Zebstrika and Noivern as soon as you can, especially Zebstrika as it’s good for setup. Once setup, you’ll be flipping 2 coins for Agility, 1 for Echolocation, and possibly your opponent flips 1 for Confusion, resulting in a total of 4 coin flips that must ALL be flipped in your opponent’s favor for most attacks to land. Most of the time, you’ll only be flipping 3, but it is a still a good amount and I’ve personally found it quite reliable, especially since you only need 1 to go through. Once you have a few Noiverns setup and ready to attack, especially after Shrine pings on EX/GX decks, you can be ready to Boomburst. Even if your Noivern dies, you should be able to promote another and keep spamming either Boomburst or Synchro Woofer (70 + 80 if you and your opponent have the same number of cards in hand, for 150) until you’ve taken your prizes to win. I chose Pal Pads over VS Seeker because I’ve found that just having more of my supporters in the match helps more than the instant reuse of them, as Noivern can generally take it’s time.

##Pokémon - 24

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Trumbeak LOT 165
* 3 Cottonee CEC 147
* 4 Hoppip STS 3
* 4 Skiploom LOT 13
* 4 Jumpluff DRX 3
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Natu LOT 87

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Muscle Band XY 121
* 3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 4 Lost Blender LOT 181
* 3 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 5

* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
This is just kind of a regular Lost March list, I don’t think it needs a whole lot of explaining. Setup Hoppips T1, T2 attempt to blow them up. I hit 220-240 pretty reliably with this deck, 260 if the deck is being nice and I’m at my best. DRX Jumpluff is a godsend, honestly. We don’t wanna waste extra deck slots to another attacker as we already have Cottonee and Natu, so DRX Jumpluff fits in just right, being able to be scooped up by it’s own Leave It To The Wind Ability, then you can use Pokémon Communication on it to either go get another Pokémon (or shuffle it into the deck in case you want to evolve Skiploom with it’s ability but you have no more Jumpluff in deck). You then have the option to use Lost Blender on it, further increasing your damage. It’s fairly easy to Lost Blender 2 Jumpluff this way, I’ve found.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Oranguru SSH 148
* 4 Baltoy SSH 101
* 3 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Claydol SSH 103
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 4 Protection Cube FLF 95
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 4 Ether PLS 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Martial Arts Dojo UNB 179

##Energy - 9

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 5 Fighting Energy SWSHEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

This deck has a simple concept- setup Claydol and blow up your opponent. Buzzwole is a good way to start the game if you’re able to, as well as a decent backup attacker when you’re at 4 prize cards or up against something weaker/weakened. Explosion hits 200, 20+ with Strong Energy, 20+ with Diancie Prism Star, 10/40+ with Martial Arts Dojo, for an average of about 250 (230 or 260 is typically the variation). Using Ether/Oranguru, you can fairly simply power it up, allowing for even Claydol with 0 Energy on them to start with to be able to attack that turn. Just make sure and use Protection Cube, please.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I’m done arguing but I would strongly recommend reading the entire post as opposed to skimming. I linked a list to Celebi V, and I was talking about Noivern, not Noivern-GX.

Anywho, new topic- fun expanded decks? Personally, I’ve recently been playing a lot of Lost March with DRX Jumpluff, SSH Claydol with Protection Cube, and of course Noivern from FFL. I copy/pasted them down here in case anyone is interested in trying out something stupid/fun.

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Noibat BUS 109
* 4 Noivern FFI 77
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 3 Victini GRI 10
* 1 Blitzle BCR 56
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 N PR-BLW 100
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Faba LOT 208
* 4 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Koga's Trap UNB 211
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Muscle Band XY 121

##Energy - 8

Total Cards - 60

Noivern is a super gimmicky deck, and the only thing I’ve found that reliably works with flip coins (I haven’t tried out Seaking yet, though). Try and setup Zebstrika and Noivern as soon as you can, especially Zebstrika as it’s good for setup. Once setup, you’ll be flipping 2 coins for Agility, 1 for Echolocation, and possibly your opponent flips 1 for Confusion, resulting in a total of 4 coin flips that must ALL be flipped in your opponent’s favor for most attacks to land. Most of the time, you’ll only be flipping 3, but it is a still a good amount and I’ve personally found it quite reliable, especially since you only need 1 to go through. Once you have a few Noiverns setup and ready to attack, especially after Shrine pings on EX/GX decks, you can be ready to Boomburst. Even if your Noivern dies, you should be able to promote another and keep spamming either Boomburst or Synchro Woofer (70 + 80 if you and your opponent have the same number of cards in hand, for 150) until you’ve taken your prizes to win. I chose Pal Pads over VS Seeker because I’ve found that just having more of my supporters in the match helps more than the instant reuse of them, as Noivern can generally take it’s time.

##Pokémon - 24

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Trumbeak LOT 165
* 3 Cottonee CEC 147
* 4 Hoppip STS 3
* 4 Skiploom LOT 13
* 4 Jumpluff DRX 3
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Natu LOT 87

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 4 Lost Blender LOT 181
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 5

Total Cards - 60

This is just kind of a regular Lost March list, I don’t think it needs a whole lot of explaining. Setup Hoppips T1, T2 attempt to blow them up. I hit 220-240 pretty reliably with this deck, 260 if the deck is being nice and I’m at my best. DRX Jumpluff is a godsend, honestly. We don’t wanna waste extra deck slots to another attacker as we already have Cottonee and Natu, so DRX Jumpluff fits in just right, being able to be scooped up by it’s own Leave It To The Wind Ability, then you can use Pokémon Communication on it to either go get another Pokémon (or shuffle it into the deck in case you want to evolve Skiploom with it’s ability but you have no more Jumpluff in deck). You then have the option to use Lost Blender on it, further increasing your damage. It’s fairly easy to Lost Blender 2 Jumpluff this way, I’ve found.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Oranguru SSH 148
* 4 Baltoy SSH 101
* 3 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Claydol SSH 103
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 4 Ether PLS 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171

##Energy - 9

Total Cards - 60

This deck has a simple concept- setup Claydol and blow up your opponent. Buzzwole is a good way to start the game if you’re able to, as well as a decent backup attacker when you’re at 4 prize cards or up against something weaker/weakened. Explosion hits 200, 20+ with Strong Energy, 20+ with Diancie Prism Star, 10/40+ with Martial Arts Dojo, for an average of about 250 (230 or 260 is typically the variation). Using Ether/Oranguru, you can fairly simply power it up, allowing for even Claydol with 0 Energy on them to start with to be able to attack that turn. Just make sure and use Protection Cube, please.
You make some interesting points. I had considered Night March as we get closer to Charlotte. I am interesting to see what changes the meta makes after being so control oriented at Collinsville (3 hand lock and 2 item lock in top 8). At this point I am not sure what is a good play for Charlotte and the meta didn't really clear up at Collinsville. There are still a ton of viable decks.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Noibat BUS 109
* 4 Noivern FFI 77
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 3 Victini GRI 10
* 1 Blitzle BCR 56
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 N PR-BLW 100
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Faba LOT 208
* 4 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Koga's Trap UNB 211
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Muscle Band XY 121

##Energy - 8

Total Cards - 60

##Pokémon - 24

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Trumbeak LOT 165
* 3 Cottonee CEC 147
* 4 Hoppip STS 3
* 4 Skiploom LOT 13
* 4 Jumpluff DRX 3
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Natu LOT 87

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 4 Lost Blender LOT 181
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 5

Total Cards - 60

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Oranguru SSH 148
* 4 Baltoy SSH 101
* 3 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Claydol SSH 103
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 4 Ether PLS 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171

##Energy - 9

Total Cards - 60

I never skimed anything just so you know.

I wont go into detail in this tread as to why you have no clue whatsoever how the deck manages to be as good as I make it to be because I will respect the Moderators request. I responded to you in my latest Ninja Box thread. I am not saying you don't have good points but I can just destroy any of your arguments just because I played hundreds of games if not a few thousands with Ninja Box and you never tried it. Without misplays this deck can run modestly around 85% win rate at the moment. I can confidently go as far as to say that Ninja Box (with Dark Box) is the best deck in expanded right now in the non-disruptive deck category.

You have good points but comparing Ninja Box to a Noivern deck just shows how ignorant you are of the mechanics of Ninja Box. The closest thing to Ninja Box would be Mew3 but it is just worse than Ninja Box for a lot of reasons. If you can honestly tell me that Mew3 box has never been a meta deck in expanded, I will accept that Ninja Box is not a meta deck in it's own rights as well.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
So. This Ninja Boy thing has devolved into an argument. If you wanna discuss the deck and its viability in Expanded using arguments (like some of you have done), be my guest, that's what the thread is for. But if this 'my deck is good I swear' 'prove it' 'look at my winrate' etc continues, the thread will be locked.

If you can't talk about Ninja Boy without it turning into a fight, then don't.

For your information it is not Ninja Boy we are arguing about but "Ninja Box". It refers to the deck's name. And how are we to talk about which deck in expanded is good or not if we can't argue about win rates? It is an argument as good as any other.

I never asked for people to argue in the first place because right now I am the only one that can say if what I say is wrong or right. Very few people ever tried the deck to begin with, how can they even argue? At least I base my arguments on testing just like science would do. They base their arguments on what? Religion? Beliefs? Comparing it to a Noivern deck is just poor argumentation from my point of view and I think I am in my right to say so.

Honestly, I don't need to prove anything, I already did prove it every time someone challenged me at it. I know Ninja Box is a meta deck at the moment. It had up's and down's like any other decks did.