• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Swoobat / Gardevoir

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Found I had a playset of Swoobat so I decided to make this deck. Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

Pokemon:
4-4 Swoobat (Boundaries Crossed)
4-1-3 Gardevoir (Next Destinies)
2-2 Weezing (Plasma Storm)
1 Emolga (Dragons Exalted

Supporters:
4 Professor Juniper
2 N
2 Cilan

Trainers:
1 Dowsing Machine
4 Rare Candy
4 Level Ball
3 Rescue Scarf
2 Escape Rope
2 Super Rod
2 Random Receiver
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Pokemon Catcher

Energy:
10 Psychic

Strategy:
Strategy is to get Gardevoir and Swoobat out ASAP and mill opponents deck with Swoobat's first attack. Level Ball gets out the majority of Pokemon, Escape Rope and Catcher are for stalling purposes. Weezing, when knocked out, discards the top 3 of opponents deck so thats why its there.

Thanks in advance for all thoughts :) Its all greatly appreciated

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Try to run at least one Kirlia, you never know if you get trainer locked or something like that. And preferably run the PLS Ralts & Kirlia, Paralysis is better than hitting for 10.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Good idea thanks :)
Ill try
-1 Hugh
+ 1 Kirlia

I tested using Hugh and it worked ok but other supporters would be better uses and I only have one Hugh so ill take it out.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
No, take out a Gardevoir instead(2 Gardevoir has always worked for me). Hugh can help you to cut down you opponent's hand o to force them to draw cards and leave less into the deck to be milled. If you get another Hugh, change it for a Ralts(4 is not necessary).
-1 Ralts
-1 Gardevoir
+2 Hugh

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
So a 3-1-2 garde?
Hmm I think I have another Hugh somewhere :p
I can definitely see its worth so ill add it as soon as I get it :)

Anything else missing or needs to be changed? I'm not sure about my trainers and supporters...

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Let me test it on Redshark(I have a similar deck there). I'll recommend to replace a Super Rod for a 4th Scarf and Dowsing Machine for Scramble Switch(in case one of your Swoobats gets a lot of damage). Also change both Escape Rope for Catchers(for further Stalling, such as Catchering Eelektrik, or Dusknoir, or any other NON ATTACKING(and that has a Retreat cost) support Pokémon).
-1 Super Rod
-1 Dowsing Machine
-2 Escape Rope
+1 Rescue Scarf
+1 Scramble Switch
+2 Pokemon Catcher

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I like those changes :) except I hav only the one catcher :( which is A shame :(

Ill do those changes except the catcher :) is escape rope worth it then? Or would there be better options?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Well, you can always use Proxies!!! XD For League play, you can have up to 10% of your deck(6 cards) made of Proxies, but they're not legal for Sanctioned Tournaments.