• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Swiss Eevee (Vaporeon / Flareon / Leafeon / Espeon)

PlasmaEevee

Aspiring Trainer
(Okay, you guys. I need a little bit of help. I have this eevee deck, which has done pretty well against some people. But the main thing that has been beating me the most are those super meta Yvetal EX Decks. I wanted to add Jolteon (Plasma Freeze), but people have been telling me that it's not worth it. What do you guys think? Also, constructive criticism of the deck as a whole would be AWESOME! btw, I don't want to add any EX Pokemon besides Deoxys, because I want this to be about the Eeveelutions.)

Pokemon:

• x4 Eevee (Furious Fists)
    x2 Vaporeon (Team Plasma)
    x2 Leafeon (Team Plasma)
    x2 Flareon (Team Plasma)
    x2 Espeon (Team Plasma)

x4 Deoxys EX (Team Plasma)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• x3 Colress Machine (Team Plasma)
    x2 Energy Retrieval
    x1 Great Ball (XY)
    x2 Professor’s Letter
    x2 Roller Skates
    x1 Sacred Ash
    x3 Switch
    x2 Team Plasma Ball
    x2 Ultra Ball
    x4 Muscle Band
    x1 Pokemon Fan Club
    x3 Professor Sycamore
    x4 Skyla
Energy:

• x1 Fire Energy
    x2 Grass Energy
    x4 Psychic Energy
    x4 Water Energy
    x3 Plasma Energy

Strategy:
Basically, taking advantage of Furious Fist Eevee's Special Ability, which allows it to evolve instantly after placing a basic energy on him. Here are a few examples:

Opponent runs Genesect/Virizion deck:

Use Sycamore or Ultra Ball to mill Pokemon
Use Professor's Letter
Get Fire Energy
Energy Evolution Ability used to evolve into Flareon
Colress Machine
Vengeance does 80 minimum against Grass with 2 pokemon in discard pile.
Instant 2 prizes going 2nd if using Muscle band or Deoxys.

Opponent runs Mewtwo EX:

Energy Evolution evolve into Espeon
Attatch Muscle Band/Place Deoxys EX on bench
Either do 200 max with muscle band and 4 deoxys or do 80 on him from bench.

Opponent uses All EX Deck:

Energy Evolution to evolve into Vaporeon.
Colress Machine
Vaporeon does 80 min or 140 max, not counting weakness/resistance.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I have been trying to make this work... The only problem I had so far was the frailty that Eevee evolutions have... Any EX ready to swing makes them kick the bucket rather quickly...

How do you go around this?

Hi!

I'm also working on a Eevee deck, Luxiel to answer your question and provide a tip to PlasmaEevee. It doesnt matter what people say, the card is more then viable this format with Electri-Defuse. You should just try it out your self, I'm sure you'll love the results.

Jolteon (Plasma Freeze 34)
Pin Missile
Flip 4 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads 20x
1x Colorless Energy

Electri-Defuse
If the Defending Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, that Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn. 40
1x Yellow Energy 1x Colorless Energy

Danzeva said:
Hi!

I'm also working on a Eevee deck, Luxiel to answer your question and provide a tip to PlasmaEevee. It doesnt matter what people say, the card is more then viable this format with Electri-Defuse. You should just try it out your self, I'm sure you'll love the results.

Jolteon (Plasma Freeze 34)
Pin Missile
Flip 4 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads 20x
1x Colorless Energy

Electri-Defuse
If the Defending Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, that Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn. 40
1x Yellow Energy 1x Colorless Energy
The opponent can easily retreat, escape rope or switch to get out of that effect. That attack isn't as good as it seems.

I would add a Mr. Mime to prevent damage going on your Eevees when on the bench.

Gengar Master
You are right! And thats the great part about it, a forced switch escape rope or the cost for a retreat can be uncomfortable for some decks that desperately need to set up early, especially Pokemon Ex . Glaceon (Plasma Freeze 23) Freeze Zone can provide free retreat cost to your plasma pokemon allowing you to also switch with much ease. Rotating is very risky some times, I guess Mr. Mime (Plasma Freeze 47) Bench Barrier can be good vs sniper decks and attacks that are focused against the bench.

Luxiel said:
I have been trying to make this work... The only problem I had so far was the frailty that Eevee evolutions have... Any EX ready to swing makes them kick the bucket rather quickly...

How do you go around this?

It's honestly about the speed. if you wait until you get the plasmas into your hand, it'll be quick and easy for your opponent to swing for the EX. Basically just keep milling your hand with sycamore until you get the optimal hand, which'll also give you fuel for Flareon's attack. Then just quickly use Colress Machine to stack up energy quick, and attack with a super powerful attack. However, the huge problem that this deck has is against yvetal. any time I try to do this against it, they use Evil Ball.

Btw, you guys, do you think I should add Dedenne (Furious Fists 34) to counter Yvetal? It seems like a good matchup.

I used to use jolteon against Yveltal... It can hit for lots os damage and, in case it doesn't kill it, it forbbids Yveltal to attack in the next turn.

Also, about the speed, YSG decks are fast enough to outspeed you, so are VirGens and Landario decks... You might get Flareon or Vaporeon to kill one EX but rest assured there will be another one ready to destroy it in the next turn and since Eevees are frail, if you don't get to have another ready, your catch-up is nearly impossible.

I too run a Team Plasma (TP) Eeveelution deck (very different from yours), as well as an Yveltal deck. One of my Poke pals also plays a TP Eeveelution deck exclusively and we had several battles. A few comments for your consideration:

• You have no counter Stadium. Not having a Frozen City (or 2) incorporated into your deck can place you at a huge disadvanteage, especially if an Yveltal deck player plays Shadow Circle Stadium. A Jolteon then could not inflict the 2x damage onto L weak Poke (with an attached D energy).
  • Why no Kyurem? This Poke is an awesome attacker, a great starter (can take some heat off the Eevees while you setup), and presents a looming threat of inflicting massive damage.
  • Why no Shadow Triad Supporters? These are very effective in TP decks.
  • Glaceon (Freeze Zone) can also be quite useful in providing "free" retreat to all your deck's Poke. Recognize that opponent's will attack your Deoxys EXs causing you to burn through your resources while they try to capture 2 prizes.
  • No ACE Spec?
  • When I've ranked the Eeveelutions (based upon use, metagame, attacking prowess, damage output, versatility, etc.), I've found that Leafeon is #1; Vaporeon is #2; Glaceon is #3;... Consider determining which of the Eeveelutions you find most useful and ranking them. In doing so, you may want to further streamline your deck in order to include some other useful cards.
  • Btw, I've used Leafeon to either KO Yveltal or set them up for the next turn KO. Leafeon, IMO, is the most efficient and potent Eeveelution threat in the deck and works extremely well with Kyurem.
  • Only 2 Roller Skates (50-50) and 3 Professor Sycamores for card drawing? Woefully insufficient, IMO.
Given the above comments, following are some suggested changes:

• -2 Espeon
    -1 Flareon
    -1 Vaporeon

+1 Glaceon
    +1 Jolteon
    +2 Kyurem

-1 Great Ball. Not that effective in this deck.
    -2 Roller Skates. 50-50 chance of even drawing cards - not good when you NEED to draw cards.
    -2 Switch. Glaceon can provide "free" retreating service.
    -1 Muscle Band. Remaining 3 and the Deoxys EXs will be sufficient, IMO
    -4 Skyla. Not greatly needed assuming the inclusion of some other cards.

+2 Colress. More card draw.
    +1 Frozen City
    +4 N. More card draw and disrupts your opponent's hand (no doubt you will be playing from behnid in prizes some times).
    +1 Shadow Triad
    +2 Lysandre. In order to gust opponents' benched Poke to the active position.

-1 Fire. Not really needed for Flareon's 1st attack (most effective of the 2).
    -2 Grass. Not really needed for Leafeon's 1st attack (most effective of the 2).

+1 Plasma

+2 Energy Switch. Helps to provide a "I did not see that coming" attack.
    - - - OR - - -
    +2 VS Seeker. In order to recover and reuse discarded Supporters
    - - - OR - - -
    +1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine
    +1 VS Seeker
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back